Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A List of Things that need to be done/ addressed
(06-11-2018, 12:24 AM)Foxka Wrote: I'm exploring a few ways to make voting easier for us, namely that sometines things get lost until it gets brought back up. But right now I don't think voting is a problem for us unless it's a tie.

is there not a specific tab/window/whatever u call it in the admin discord for voting only?

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
I made a troll comment but I do actually wanna comment on this somewhat. ***Note: This is just my opinion.***
1. With Co-Owner issues currently  I dont find the role to be needed, only because almost every person that has had the title has abused. (Between thinking they are better than everyone/ avoiding the duties of their job) So I believe until someone on each server proves to the other admins and Dink that they can handle the duties of the job, the role should remain open. Also I think that Admin+ should have the promote/demote powers until a suitable Co-Owner is found so we dont have to wait forever to handle resignations, power abuse demotions, and staff app promotions.
2. Grapple hook is alright in my opinion.
3. there will always be broken guns so I personally like the bull$hite
4. I believe admins can fix time if they have the proper proof. (At least they used to have it.)
5. Nicky said what I was gonna say about this.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(06-11-2018, 05:09 AM)Traitor Wrote: 2. Grapple hook is alright in my opinion.

You’ve clearly never seen what @Ace1579 can do with that thing, it’s nuts. 

I’m all for skill-based gameplay, but it seems a little weird to disallow a lot of stuff like bhopping yet still allow that thing. 

Plus it heavily restricts maps in the sense that you can’t chose a map where a grapple would make a T/D
invincible/impossibly hard to reach. A good example is ttt_terrortown, some rooftops give Ts a massive advantage, and innos can do literally nothing about it. That’s some map-breaking mobility. 

It really does come down to opinion, but it’s one of those items that gives a clear advantage; there’s a reason 99% of detectives instantly buy it.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

I'm glad this list was made. I was thinking about similar things that need to be done (from an administrative standpoint. I don't care about your stupid meme guns... except the bull$hite)
1) A Co-Owner does need to be announced. I'm not sure when Dink will make that announcement, but Dakota and Scoovie are the obvious choices. Until then, Foxka suggested letting Admins promoted Regulars to Trusted. That's a solid idea.
2) Yeah, sure.
3) Yeah.
4) Admins can change time. If you have a problem with your time, let an Admin know. I think Dink talked about letting Mods change time again. That should definitely happen.
5) With the recent personnel changes, we've been a little slow with unban requests and promotions. We might have a backlog on them We've caught up. I'd like to at least start the vote as soon as one of the Admins see a ban appeal or a promotion thread. And have all of the unban appeals and promotions cleaned up, voted on, and locked by every Friday at midnight. That way we can start the next "week" on a clean slate, and everyone knows when their application or appeal will be accepted or denied.

Thanks for bringing this up, Deadpool.
(06-11-2018, 12:24 AM)Foxka Wrote: I'm exploring a few ways to make voting easier for us, namely that sometines things get lost until it gets brought back up. But right now I don't think voting is a problem for us unless it's a tie.
Make a new chat that is locked. Add reactions to the thing you post and say like this. “Vote for ____ unban. + for yes - for no.” Then add the reactions and make sure everyone votes

(06-11-2018, 06:01 AM)ReThink Wrote:
(06-11-2018, 05:09 AM)Traitor Wrote: 2. Grapple hook is alright in my opinion.

You’ve clearly never seen what @Ace1579 can do with that thing, it’s nuts. 

I’m all for skill-based gameplay, but it seems a little weird to disallow a lot of stuff like bhopping yet still allow that thing. 

Plus it heavily restricts maps in the sense that you can’t chose a map where a grapple would make a T/D
invincible/impossibly hard to reach. A good example is ttt_terrortown, some rooftops give Ts a massive advantage, and innos can do literally nothing about it. That’s some map-breaking mobility. 

It really does come down to opinion, but it’s one of those items that gives a clear advantage; there’s a reason 99% of detectives instantly buy it.
The grapple hook flying is exploiting and isn’t allowed but bhopping is actually allowed, don’t know why you said it wasn’t allowed. And they aren’t talking about removing the grapple just fixing it so you can’t exploit it and fully super far super fast in second but you could still go super high if you know how to use it correctly. Also maps like that if you know how to prop fly then you can still get up there sometimes even though it’s hard
Removing bhopping is like removing all the cool kids
merry christmas xbox
Is this thread trying to address issues with the server? According to my co-owner standards, all posts should be permanently deleted and all users of those posts shall be removed from friends lists in a witty attempt at damage control.
We have the power to change people’s times. It’s !gtawards is the command
But seriously, we have had more bad co-owners (Styles-LR) than good ones (Tyler). I don't think we need a rank if all the admins can work together.
Memes and jokes aside (which are my forte sadly) the argument for using a shotgun is to counter the bullshite.

The bullshite is too strong and the shotgun is too strong as well. It completely removes any difficulty level from the game. There have been multiple instances where I'd see 6-7 people completely wiped because a shotgun was in their hands. It was never from just a select few either. A plethora of people can achieve this because each shot that comes from it simple does too much damage. For an uncommon drop and a common weapon to spawn on nearly every map (except for h.u.g.e. problem which is never played) with such high base damage on each shot is honestly unfair to the people who DO know how to aim.

Speaking of aiming, there's been plenty of times where my shots do not register. I know @Foxka had an add on recommended to him to fix the hit reg (or hit registration). Basically what it does is it makes that clearly should be connecting actually connect. @Avi Had recommended it, and I don't remember the specifics. She'd be able to tell more about it than I would, but any type of hit reg fix is a huge improvement. With the 3 issues fixed: The Bullshite, the Shotgun, and the hit reg, I believe that this server will be in working order and will attract a lot more people, which will in turn fix the issue of the Deathrun and Murder servers lack of administration.

With a load of people joining to play there's bound to be a few people who stand out from the rest and wish to stay and see the servers in good shape.