Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Most Excellent Power Trip by ❤ Miss Mari ❤
Offender's Name: â¤ Miss Mari ❤

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:197365125

Offender's Rank: Trusted

What They Did: Unlawful warning and a heinous kick.

When They Did It: Roughly an hour ago.

Potential Witnesses: The entire server, the man who what to eat that fruit, common sense as a whole I'd reckon.

Proof: http://imgur.com/a/ujJIv

Other: So I was enjoying my time as a detective, as you sometimes do, bought myself a grappling hook on ttt_airship and bailed out of the helicopter as it went aerial. In my heroic hurl through the skies I shot a fat hook unto the hull of the airship; successfully fastening myself safetly. There I remained for a while, enjoying myself. But then, all of the sudden I get told to cease my actions by â¤ Miss Mari ❤, hashing out warnings for 'exploiting'. Now, as a calm and intrigued individual I proceed to question said action; claiming that what I was doing was no such thing, and that there was no reason to threaten with warning points.

The very next round, I happened upon another grappling hook and as an innocent who merely wished to stay alive during the onslaught of the world above; I simply wanted to escape beneath the ship and to call it my modest domicile. I did exactly that, cracked open a window and splintered it into a thousand tiny fractions and threw myself out. For the remaining time of the round I enjoyed the frolicking of spidermanning my way around the hull and stern, simply relishing in my time alive. Alas.. After quite some time â¤ Miss Mari ❤ appears once more in my chatbox, again threatening with all sorts of warped thoughts containing vile bewilderments of exploits, unfairness, etc. I, of course knew better and administered a salvo of coherent saying against such; providing light where there was only darkness, but it wouldn't work on this entity as the next thing I saw was a fat 'You were kicked' upon my screen.

For the feeble minded I will provide a modest list of ideas for how any man with traitorous intent could have erased me from the face of the earth:
  • Grappling Hook: The Grappling Hook is a utility Traitors can obtain, thus mitigating my brief advantage and meet me toe-to-toe.
  • C4: As with any other part of any other map where Traitors are unaware or unwilling to enter an area where Innocents reside, simply plant a baleful set of explosives and obliterate the cowardly sods.
  • Manhacks: Probably the easiest choice, stand upon the ledge and unleash a swarm of nasty metallic robots with a shredding intent.
  • The Helicopter: Who would have thought! The very same point of extraction that I used to get there in the first place. For those keen of mind, the helicopter does indeed provide a transport around the bottom part of the map where any traitor could use any set of armament to unleash hell.
Overall this is an atrociously big grey zone, the grappling hook in itself facilitates the notion of getting to places you're not supposed to. One could argue that it isn't fair, and they're right - it's not. However in this case, as described before, there was a plethora of ways to go rather than simply giving up and falter to the notion of lethargy. Traitors have a multitude of advantages and an arsenal they can draw from, getting stabbed by a knife wouldn't be fair since there's literally nothing to be done about it. But that is just an example, and my whole predicament is nowhere near as unfair.
I was there at this time and I agree that this should not be considered an exploit, there are so many ways in which you could kill a person hanging under the airship.
I'm pretty sure there are various maps in which there are areas in which innocents can only be killed by C4, but it's okay because it's the traitors responsibility to have a credit for the C4, if they don't have one, it's their fault. You don't need a single credit to kill somebody hanging under the airship, just get in the helicopter and shoot them out the side, it passes perfectly underneath.

Really not sure how this could be considered an exploit and I'm pretty sure it's not in the rules either.
1. "here I remained for a while, enjoying myself. But then, all of the sudden I get told to cease my actions by ❤ Miss Mari ❤, hashing out warnings for 'exploiting'" - Because it is exploiting.
2. "Now, as a calm and intrigued individual" - you argued for a good round or 2, that isnt calm.
3. "I simply wanted to escape beneath the ship and to call it my modest domicile" - You were told this isn't allowed since it is indeed exploiting, yet you went against what i said and did it again, and even tried arguing with me about it.

You were told that this is exploiting, you were warned that this is exploiting, you listened the first time more or less, but then proceeded to do it once again. This time when i warned you again you argued, so I talked to upper staff about it, and they said kick you, in which I did, you cannot be shot there by normal means. The helicopter goes around there once in a blue moon and its super glitchy and hard to shoot out of, and you can keep moving out of the way to escape it.
Dont look so blue
[Image: D545C31C4BCADE5B7DE4472E146BE87629AC5C04]

So for anyone that's not aware of what he is describing, this is the area of the map. 

From my point of view.  You had grappled down there during a round, and were told by staff and players that it wasn't allowed (that it was an exploit).  Mari confirmed this information with a mod, and told you to not do that again.  We explained why and you continued to argue.  Instead of listening, you chose to grapple to the same spot again and Mari was instructed to kick you for that.  You came back and started disrespecting staff and players after being told to stop.  Mari did nothing wrong in this situation, and again you are trying to blow it out of proportion.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
I don't want to be rude or anything but can I get a straight answer as to how it's considered exploiting? both me and browsing have laid out at least five different ways in which the T's could get down there and kill the person "exploiting" but nobody seems to be acknowledging them?
The helicopter spends a lot it's time below the ship, by the way, it's not as infrequent as you make it out to be, you could easily go on the test server or something and see for yourself.
1. Where does it say it's an exploit.
2. I argued against it every time it was brought up by you, then stopped when Buritto Bowl told me to make a post on the forums.
3. Carrying on wasn't the best thing, but I honestly don't believe it's an exploit. You claim the helicopter only flies past once in a blue moon, that's an exaggeration; and it's the easiest way to kill me. I am literally hanging out in the open with little to no means to defend myself.
Underside of the ship is a minor exploit. Go there and be TP'd away. Do it again and get kicked. A third time gets a ban.

If a staff says you're exploiting, listen to them.
(04-12-2017, 02:29 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: Underside of the ship is a minor exploit. Go there and be TP'd away. Do it again and get kicked. A third time gets a ban.

If a staff says you're exploiting, listen to them.

I never got a TP.

Maybe you should add it to the rules to avoid confusion, I'd recommend reading through my post again and wager all the ways to eliminate me.
This is a minor exploit yet the parts on terror town that are arguably worse are not considered such...... Cool.
Does anybody remember the knife room on ttt_orange or whatever it's called? It has the little minigame room where the floor falls out below you and if you survive you get teleported to a room reasonably higher than the rest of the map with a bunch of knives in it, and the only way for a traitor to have any significant chance of killing you up there is C4, if they try to grapple up the vent they get shot in the head.
Not to mention you can very easily perform an actual exploit in that situation which is to get yourself stuck in the door to the minigame so you literally can't lose.

The reason I'm bringing it up is because I see people doing that all the time and as far as I can see, there's only 1 way to counter it: C4, however, it's not considered an exploit for some reason? But at the same time, what browsing did, we've outlined at least five different ways in which the T could go down there and kill him, without even using a credit for some of them, and yet it is an exploit? Why?