Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Address to PH Staff
(12-11-2018, 05:34 PM)Old Man Voss Wrote: Can we have someone who's primary focus is to keep PH forums up to date? I believe it will help to resolve many communication issues we are having not only among staff but with the players as well.

I know for me at least, it's easier to jump on forums with my phone and look at up dates than wait till I get to my PC to look in staff chat for updates. (Discord and my phone do not agree.)

You guys will when he picks the new admins. Also the mods have the powers to changed things I believe if not we can fix them
(12-10-2018, 02:00 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I'd also like to ask a question regarding donors. It hasn't happened in a long time but at times, I've been on server as a donor and am just playing and minding my own business when someone who is obviously trolling comes on or is mic spamming. With there being a staff member on, I'm not allowed to take action. I just wanna know if it's bad if a donor does take action if the staff member isn't actually handling the situation? And if so, how exactly can that situation be handled with the staff member not doing their job? Like most people I'm not always recording so I can't catch this type of thing on video and I'll have no proof if it all happens in VC.

This has been happening a lot recently. I'll officially say now that I never created the "no donor powers when staff on" rule, and personally I think its ridiculous. If a micspammer starts mic spamming, who the hell cares who gags them? I think staff are way too conceited in this aspect and need to relax a bit when a donor chooses to take action before them. If it becomes an issue with particular donors overstepping decisions made with staff, those donors can be addressed individually, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

(12-10-2018, 02:25 PM)§4Mother§aNuru§4❤ Wrote: Okay, so from reading all of this, I can pretty much go back to staffing how I was when I first started, with multiple warnings, then actions. I used to heavily do that because it's what I was taught to do on Sona. Shanklette is an example of how I staff.
I'd love to suggest we implement the warning system, as it'll help bring about the kind of environment it seems you're wanting to creating. It brings up a pop up warning on the players screen so they cannot say that they were not warned. With this also comes a log of the staff member who sent the warning, and what the warning was for admin/owner to check. This became a huge help over on the past two servers where I staffed, as it kept things lax, as you had a visible control over who was and wasn't being too strict or causing issues on the server/etc.
I'd also like to suggest what others said, about physically updating the rules list, have it say things like warn first, action after. Chances to be given, are the reason players come back.

I'd like to look into a warning system so we can kinda formally be more on the "chill" and warn first side of things. Anyone have good ideas for warning systems?
(12-14-2018, 10:23 AM)Dinkleberg >:( Wrote: This has been happening a lot recently. I'll officially say now that I never created the "no donor powers when staff on" rule, and personally I think its ridiculous. If a micspammer starts mic spamming, who the hell cares who gags them? I think staff are way too conceited in this aspect and need to relax a bit when a donor chooses to take action before them. If it becomes an issue with particular donors overstepping decisions made with staff, those donors can be addressed individually, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

Don’t mind this post, I’m just an emphasis echo of things that I’m glad we’re addressed
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]
That donor ruling comes from your donor guidelines.
Will post screenshot when home.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(12-14-2018, 10:23 AM)Dinkleberg > Wrote:
(12-10-2018, 02:00 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: I'd also like to ask a question regarding donors. It hasn't happened in a long time but at times, I've been on server as a donor and am just playing and minding my own business when someone who is obviously trolling comes on or is mic spamming. With there being a staff member on, I'm not allowed to take action. I just wanna know if it's bad if a donor does take action if the staff member isn't actually handling the situation? And if so, how exactly can that situation be handled with the staff member not doing their job? Like most people I'm not always recording so I can't catch this type of thing on video and I'll have no proof if it all happens in VC.

This has been happening a lot recently. I'll officially say now that I never created the "no donor powers when staff on" rule, and personally I think its ridiculous. If a micspammer starts mic spamming, who the hell cares who gags them? I think staff are way too conceited in this aspect and need to relax a bit when a donor chooses to take action before them. If it becomes an issue with particular donors overstepping decisions made with staff, those donors can be addressed individually, but I don't see why it's such a big deal.

(12-10-2018, 02:25 PM)§4Mother§aNuru§4❤ Wrote: Okay, so from reading all of this, I can pretty much go back to staffing how I was when I first started, with multiple warnings, then actions. I used to heavily do that because it's what I was taught to do on Sona. Shanklette is an example of how I staff.
I'd love to suggest we implement the warning system, as it'll help bring about the kind of environment it seems you're wanting to creating. It brings up a pop up warning on the players screen so they cannot say that they were not warned. With this also comes a log of the staff member who sent the warning, and what the warning was for admin/owner to check. This became a huge help over on the past two servers where I staffed, as it kept things lax, as you had a visible control over who was and wasn't being too strict or causing issues on the server/etc.
I'd also like to suggest what others said, about physically updating the rules list, have it say things like warn first, action after. Chances to be given, are the reason players come back.

I'd like to look into a warning system so we can kinda formally be more on the "chill" and warn first side of things. Anyone have good ideas for warning systems?

got you, fam

[/url]
[url=https://pastebin.com/KNKS07zE]https://pastebin.com/KNKS07zE

This should be able to help out with the warning thing- tell user directly in the middle of the screen (coloring optional) only to specified user.

I couldn't test this myself as my personal server is only available to me, but this is the psay code, altered to do a personal csay for ulx... Hope this helps. also those comments in the code should be read. Also, yes pastebin, its a great place to paste short snippets of code.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-14-2018, 11:36 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: That donor ruling comes from your donor guidelines.
Will post screenshot when home.

[Image: Screenshot_20181214-113829_Samsung_Internet.jpg]
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
There have been times when I was the only staff on with 39 other players and it was helpful to have a donor or two handle the gags/mutes while I focused on looking for the other stuff. While I think it should be up to the staff member if donors could help, I don't see a big issue with donors helping out if there isn't enough staff members on.
(12-14-2018, 12:26 PM)Yeezy Jeezy Wrote: There have been times when I was the only staff on with 39 other players and it was helpful to have a donor or two handle the gags/mutes while I focused on looking for the other stuff. While I think it should be up to the staff member if donors could help, I don't see a big issue with donors helping out if there isn't enough staff members on.

Absolutely not. I have an issue with staff members getting angry when I can see they're clearly not handling a situation though and if I step in, I get chastised for it.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
If I'm on and having issues with lagging or my conputer absolutely crapping itself I will ask for help from donors. However if there are multiple of us on and we have it under control I don't believe they need to be doing it. I have asked for Midnight's help, Travis', Sember's, and merlin's on occasion when I have to exit game for a moment to start an upload or I can't handle to server by myself.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
I have no issue with donors helping out, the donors just need to make sure they're following the staff guidelines of warning then punishments. 

It honestly makes things a little easier if you give the donors an opportunity to help with mic/chat spam, so that we as staff can keep an eye on other things more so. Now I'm not saying we ignore what's going on, but giving players who want to help an opportunity is a good way to create better trained future staff members. 

This also helps the community because we as staff can clarify or correct actions taken by donors, thus having well trained donors that benefit the server more, because not everyone wants to be staff.