Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Address to PH Staff
Never had an issue with donors helping. I helped a lot with the night staff when I was a donor bc they said I could.
If they beat me to a gag I don’t “correct” them, they were just doing what I was about to so it wouldn’t be right. If it’s something I was handling and they overstepped then I will undo and send them a message why. That part usually isn’t an issue since a lot of the donors that use their commands when I’m on are aware they can if it’s for the right reasons. TTT chat splits when you die so if I see a gag from a donor on a dead player I’ll typically send them a message asking what’s up just so I know, or even they’ll send an admin message why. If it’s some of our past moderators honestly I don’t bother, they know what they’re doing.
Regardless of the situation it should be handled professionally, staff shouldn’t be jumping down a donors throat over that, it’s not the abuse you should be looking for. That thread the other day about a guy abusing the kick or an old one about people buying to troll, that’s what you should care about. Chastising an old mod, especially a recent one, is likely useless. “Who are you?”
TLDR: if they’re doing it right I don’t waste my time enforcing that rule, only care about actual abuse

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
That post is a copy of a post from the old forums like a couple years back. I think it was originally made when there were a lot of abusive donors, and it was a means to curb their abuse. It's not as relevant today because most donors aren't as bad as then. I haven't even really thought about those donor guidelines in a long time and I'd have no problem changing them so that donors can use their powers as long as there is a legitimate reason, or the target doesn't care.
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(12-14-2018, 05:13 PM)queef commando Wrote: That post is a copy of a post from the old forums like a couple years back. I think it was originally made when there were a lot of abusive donors, and it was a means to curb their abuse. It's not as relevant today because most donors aren't as bad as then. I haven't even really thought about those donor guidelines in a long time and I'd have no problem changing them so that donors can use their powers as long as there is a legitimate reason, or the target doesn't care.

I can see some ducking around being a little much between donors, to their credit I’ve seen some of the younger donors push the limits too far, but I agree there’s a better way we could rewrite this to allow donors some more freedom to work/play with the powers. It’s rarely ever an issue, and most staff on TTT don’t even enforce it. PH staff should have a conversation about it, at least I recommend they consider it and their current donor base

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
When it comes to donors at least for me I don't usually have an issue with them I can only think of one time I have had to actually get on someone for abusing powers and it was when they gagged me when I was trying to warn someone about mic spamming and did it again even after I told them not to do it again however most of the time they're pretty helpful especially when I have to leave my computer for a moment I usually ask for their help then and I've had no complaints from anyone about them abusing powers.
[Image: I_dont_think_so.png]
(12-14-2018, 05:13 PM)queef commando Wrote: That post is a copy of a post from the old forums like a couple years back. I think it was originally made when there were a lot of abusive donors, and it was a means to curb their abuse. It's not as relevant today because most donors aren't as bad as then. I haven't even really thought about those donor guidelines in a long time and I'd have no problem changing them so that donors can use their powers as long as there is a legitimate reason, or the target doesn't care.

That's honestly what I thought but with it being on the forums, it's still technically official and what people would go by. That's why it's been the way it has been on PH because of those guidelines being followed.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
I think the guidelines need rewritten completely honestly, to help with the chilling out with staffing, and to help with new players, so they realize what can and cannot be done.
I myself don't have issues with donors, and it helps me with potential staff applicants when they apply. You can see who would be good at it, or not, and if they're actually helpful, or not, etc.
I get help from many donors, because usually when I play, I'm by myself.
The staff guidelines are out of date, and while I'm partial to how they are now, they do need to be rewritten because of how things have changed overall. I think it's less of a loosening up on guidelines and more of updating it. If you actually read the staff guidelines, with the exception of trolling, there is room for plenty of warnings and such.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Thank you for addressing this dink its nice to see this.

SCOOOOOOOB
(03-29-2019, 06:38 PM)Orthero Gaming Wrote: Thank you for addressing this dink its nice to see this.

SCOOOOOOOB

I’d like to file a report for reviving this thread.
This is always a good thing to go back and read though. Staff need to relax and have fun. Stop stressing your lovely selves out over small things. ♡