Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Addressing Toxicity in the Community
O P I N I O N  D E T E C T E D

P R O C E E D  W I T H  C A U T I O N

I feel as though with all this talk of "removing toxicity" and "harassment" I've noticed a growing trend. More and more of the well liked, respected, active, and let's say "transparent, rule abiding" staff have either resigned, stepped down, or gone inactive either due to what's been happening lately or due to life events. Mainly the former, honestly. A lot of the ones that have been left are stuck picking up the pieces, and, more power to them. It's not easy, however...

What. The. Fuck.

Staff closing threads with little to no warning. Inexcusable deleting comments they don't like claiming they're shit posts/harassment/toxic but leaving the original, toxic post up because it benefits their argument. But even then, that doesn't protect them from people showing their dissatisfaction via votes. Or just having incorrect information about situations. (these two images are from separate comments, pointing this out for transparency).

[Image: ieNUSSZ.png]

[Image: o83Xlnf.png]

Yikes mod, can't hide from the people there.

Then we have some pretty immature arguments that more and more seem to be getting into lately with the demoted, resigned, banned, etc. (or even just regular community members). Similar or worse than the ones that were used as "evidence" we were shown.

But my favorite all is this, from the man himself, @queef commando 

[Image: FGj2mqQ.png]

The first part being the difference between "permanent" and "indefinite." Yes, we know the difference. But come on, would you ever REALLY let any of them come back if there wasn't a huge backlash for what you did? Everyone knows indefinite bans are meant to last a while.

Second part. Yes, obviously everything should have been explained better, and NOWHERE was it mentioned that the ban could/would be reduced based on "community feedback." This is some COVER MY ASS BULL because you're now realizing how much this is blowing up in your face. You're basically saying, "oh well, the community is having a melt down so we have to bring them back, but we gotta at least have them apologize or something." Kinda too late it seems, seeing as how now everyone expects one from you based on point three. Also, "probably meaningless to most people, but just wanted to explain." Seriously? This is LITERALLY what everyone has been hounding you for for days. An explanation. Albeit it isn't seemingly a full explanation but it's something nonetheless.

Yeah point three. You SHOULD have made this a case by case basis. Why wouldn't you? Every other ban is handled that way so why is this any different unless you're trying to get rid of a group of people YOU specifically don't like, as fast as possible? The fact that you and all the other admins are admitting this every time they get asked shows how obvious it is to everyone of us and you that this was clearly the right thing to do, and even the easiest way to do.

If anything, there's plenty of toxicity and a "clique mentality" in the upper staff that should probably be weeded out, but we members and "purple pricks" don't get a say in that. You just kind of rotate yourself around. Now, this isn't meant to be an attack on you, or anyone else, just more of an observation of what I've seen and my own personal take on things. Really how I feel about what's all went down.

An Opinion.
[Image: 39wzdm.jpg]
wrote all that just for me to shitpost.. tragic
Not even an explanation on the other one, excellent
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(08-30-2019, 12:16 AM)-aEth0r Wrote: wrote all that just for me to shitpost.. tragic

I mean hey, at least I'm not gonna ask for it to be deleted
[Image: 39wzdm.jpg]
Yep I just saw other thread was closed. And because it was buried on Scoovie's post, I'm just going to leave this here for the community to see

[Image: Capture.PNG]

Curious how the "evidence" provided was on a private discord and yet here we are.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
Man, we didn't even get the meme this time. They just went and closed the thread.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Ya'll needa smoke a blunt or get pussy or something. Stressing too hard over a gmod server.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
I would have considered that thread a serious thread from the issue it was about and as an admin said she was going to keep it open for people to ask questions for her to answer. So, yes I assumed shitposting will deleted as they usually would with any other serious thread.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Happy. Sucking up won’t get you promoted any quicker. You fail to see the big picture. Most of the evidence came from a PRIVATE discord. Not dink’s. So, that’s why we’re up in arms. If it was on dink’s, that’s one thing, but using a discord that has friends from dink’s in there as evidence when we can say whatever in there. Just like obis, but his cant be used as evidence because it has them in it, right?

Also happy: the down vote because I’m blunt with you shows how you are actually toxic. But we’re the toxic ones PepeLaugh
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(08-30-2019, 08:06 AM)Summer Wrote: Happy. Sucking up won’t get you promoted any quicker. You fail to see the big picture. Most of the evidence came from a PRIVATE discord. Not dink’s. So, that’s why we’re up in arms. If it was on dink’s, that’s one thing, but using a discord that has friends from dink’s in there as evidence when we can say whatever in there. Just like obis, but his cant be used as evidence because it has them in it, right?
Whoah man we arent in arms about anything that would imply we are a toxic hivemind, you know, like the staff teams are currently
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions