Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Abuse - Abdel
Offender's Name: Abdel

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:1:53483447

Offender's Rank: Test Mod

What They Did: Gagged every one instead of banning a cheater. He was able to play for 5 prop hunt before he was banned. After banning the cheater, He got spoken to by some of the server players. He said he would mute anyone who said anything bad about what happened ( Vocally ).

When They Did It: 1/26/20 3:10 AM ish

Potential Witnesses: Any one on the server at the time.

Proof: Here is the screenshot when he gagged every one 

https://gyazo.com/44be11bb4fcb2f5924fe7e81aad3e939

And here he was, Spin botting away while every one was gagged / muted 
https://gyazo.com/6d1ff410ec63175b39e8112ecfa596dc

Other:

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

So the reason why the hacker was left on the loose was because I was gathering evidence, Everyone on server kept saying, he's spin botting, he's cheating out loud. Everyone on server wasn't allowing me to gather some of my thoughts. On the next map, he was banned after the appropriate evidence was gathered. I gagged everyone to help me explain why I was waiting to ban the guy and why you guy's should've let me handle it. There's a procedure to things. I did what I had to do to take care of things smoothly. A ban request is going up on that person in abit.

Also thanks for providing some evidence for the hacker in question, it will help with my request.

Edit: here's the ban reuqest I was making while you were making this

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...many-names

Couldn't ban the guy immediately because I could've banned the wrong person and the whole server was in disarray, the gag all was needed. 

Also I am a TestMod, I dont have !banid, thats exclusive to Mod rank which is why the ban wasn't immediate, please understand there is procedure on server since you're new here.
Gotta spin to win yknow
Tho seriously, gag all is quite the move there, but im sure a lot of that situation will also be in the recording for the ban req

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
If players are constantly interfering with staffing the server by calling people out they can and will be punished accordingly. You need enough evidence to ban a person in this server and @ chat exists for a reason. Of course we need a video of what happened which I bet Abdel will have shortly.
Ex TTT Mod Dec 14, 2019 - Dec 14, 2019
Ex PH Mod April 14, 2019 - January 20, 2020
Ex PH Mod May 9, 2020 - May 27, 2022
Proud member of the RDMS
Ex Forum Admin May 6, 2022 - May 6, 2022
Former PH Map Editor

Another thing: Abdel was trying to be careful not to accidentally ban the wrong person because the hacker kept changing their name to match other players'.
(01-26-2020, 04:43 AM)Abdel Wrote: So the reason why the hacker was left on the loose was because I was gathering evidence, Everyone on server kept saying, he's spin botting, he's cheating out loud. Everyone on server wasn't allowing me to gather some of my thoughts. On the next map, he was banned after the appropriate evidence was gathered. I gagged everyone to help me explain why I was waiting to ban the guy and why you guy's should've let me handle it. There's a procedure to things. I did what I had to do to take care of things smoothly. A ban request is going up on that person in abit.

Also thanks for providing some evidence for the hacker in question, it will help with my request.

It was clear he was spin botting, There were plenty of players as witness to back up the notion he was in fact hacking. The issue is, Waiting 5 rounds to actually stop him. He was killing every ones enjoyment, It didn't help that you had gagged every one to 'Gather some thoughts' adding onto the enjoyment kill. If you needed silence, Instead of ruining the fun. Take your headset off or open console to type 'voice_scale 0'.
I was there for this. I guess you don’t understand that they need to gather evidence before banning and people saying others are ghosting doesn't help. Everyone was talking about the ghosting and that’s why he gagged. I suggest you read the rules before doing the extreme.
(01-26-2020, 04:53 AM)Senip Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 04:43 AM)Abdel Wrote: So the reason why the hacker was left on the loose was because I was gathering evidence, Everyone on server kept saying, he's spin botting, he's cheating out loud. Everyone on server wasn't allowing me to gather some of my thoughts. On the next map, he was banned after the appropriate evidence was gathered. I gagged everyone to help me explain why I was waiting to ban the guy and why you guy's should've let me handle it. There's a procedure to things. I did what I had to do to take care of things smoothly. A ban request is going up on that person in abit.

It was clear he was spin botting, There were plenty of players as witness to back up the notion he was in fact hacking. The issue is, Waiting 5 rounds to actually stop him. He was killing every ones enjoyment, It didn't help that you had gagged every one to 'Gather some thoughts' adding onto the enjoyment kill. If you needed silence, Instead of ruining the fun. Take your headset off or open console to type 'voice_scale 0'.

Please read my edit, there is a procedure to gathering evidence, I could have ban them immediately but staff requires to record at least a round worth of evidence for any future unban request that may occur. No fun was ruined for a gag all. You guys needed a moment of silence
(01-26-2020, 04:56 AM)Abdel Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 04:53 AM)Senip Wrote:

Please read my edit, there is a procedure to gathering evidence, I could have ban them immediately but staff requires to record at least a round worth of evidence for any future unban request that may occur. No fun was ruined for a gag all. You guys needed a moment of silence

'Moment of silence' The approach to banning and reasoning for gagging is absurd.
He did what he had to do. He did everything correctly, yes you may have not agreed with how he did it, but he did what he was trained to do. The server can get very intense at times and staff have to the jurisdiction on how to handle things to a extent. So he took the actions he thought was right for the player base to help get the hacker off the fastest. Also if players are screaming he’s hacking and the hacker hears you he might disable the hack then your are at square zero and you now have no proof on him to ban him. Yes it was frustrating to you on how he gagged everyone just keep it in mind that staff do have to collect proof before banning hackers because people will appeal and you must provided evidence or they will be unbanned. So for next time you could help by gathering evidence to strengthen the process of taking care of the hacker. I appreciate you bringing this to the forums and voicing your opinion.