Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Admin Abuse - Abdel
(01-26-2020, 12:24 PM)§4Zack Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 12:09 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: I completely understand how you feel, the way staff works can be incredibly frustrating to an outsider sometimes. As others said, there's a way to do things PROPER to make sure they don't mess up what they're doing, and while it may be a slower process than just throwing the ban hammer, it eliminates risks of banning the wrong player or getting some part of the process wrong. I wasn't on the server at the time, I don't know EXACTLY why everyone was gagged, but I do know that this server gets REALLY LOUD, and trying to focus on a task with 8 people screaming in your ear is pretty damn hard.

Staff procedure can be annoyingly slow or move like clockwork; it all depends on how the person in question operates under stressful situations. I personally have a dedicated efficient procedure for gathering enough evidence and throwing the hammer quickly, but benefit of the doubt, said process is very stressful and requires all three screens on my desk. A lot of people don't the luxury or dedication to a VIDEO GAME to do all of that.

TL;DR staff are humans, this server is loud and stressful, sometimes things don't happen like you want them to. Abdel's intents are not malicious, and I can trust he made his best judgement in that particular situation, even though other people including yourself may have wanted it done differently.

(01-26-2020, 12:03 PM)§4Zack Wrote:
(01-26-2020, 10:37 AM)Abdel Wrote: Gag all isn't wrong when more than 5 people are on an uproar about the same thing

Not what nuru told me she said unless it was "extreme" then you should be using the command gag all. if it's not extreme then you have to do it 1 by 1 *menu works better*

Same thing applies, some people manage things much differently. I can't speak for Abdel, but Nuru has a lot of experience being staff both here and elsewhere, and I've seen her throw down on a full server by herself. I don't like the idea of gagging everyone, but as I said, being staff is stressful as hell, sometimes it's necessary to make sure you have a clear head when making a decision to ban. Fucking up a ban is typically a one way trip to this subforum, and NOBODY wants to have an abuse report made on them because they had a stress reaction.

I mean I get that but if it's only 8 people or so there a menu for a reason don't get me wrong I love the staff they put work into the server and if staff is so stressful why won't they take a break?? or retire if they or someone can't handle the stress it's 2020 everyone has stress online or Irl but using that as an excuse to gag everyone is just false hope, but Like you said it was for the better so it can be quite I wasn't on at the time so i really can't say much about it but I do think Abby Made a right choice. *went with his heart*

I'm not trying to be rude here, but when I corrected you, it was because you inproperly used gag *. Abby was proper here, and used it because he couldn't get a single word in, was trying to watch a hacker, and was being bombarded by this guy.
While i personally still prefer we not use gag * I have given STAFF permission to use it in circumstances that are extreme for them, such as this, to explain briefly. But that is for STAFF. I understand you have good intent here, but please leave the correction of staff, to the admins. Thank you.

As for this abuse report, on the gag * and how long it lasted, after reviewing witness accounts, no abuse was found and this is closed. From now on if you have an abuse report, please provide more ample evidence and educate yourself on the staffing guidelines/procedures that we have here. Staff are not allowed to ban without evidence, and sometimes, it takes a while to gather it. You just have to be patient. Make use of @ for admin chat or !p username for private messaging staff. Thank you.