Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Alora's DR suggestions
Here be my suggestions and what not, most of these are things I've seen on past servers that help made it more enjoyable to play

1st suggestion: I've already made a separate thread about it (https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...UD-disable) but that is to remove the Death hud disable, it's not on every map, the only map that I've been on that has it is iceworld, there might be more that have it.

2: Increase speed cap. Now hold your horses, I know this was suggested before ( https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-too-slow). If you didn't know the majority of the player base for DR are bhoppers, so I don't see a reason to have it capped at 500, as I feel like it'll drive off all the players (it does for me). Now I'm not saying that it should be increased to what that thread suggested, as most DR servers have it capped at 1k. What I suggest is to increase it to 750 and if that is too much it can be decreased. On a server that I used to staff on the speed was capped at 600 but players still didn't like that. 

After testing things out (for a refresher), I feel like it's not the speed it's the jump height that I have issues with, a slight increase might help out, or add the super items to the shop these items let you go somewhat faster (super speed) and jump slightly higher (super jump) these items.

3: Time zones. Not all of the maps have time zones, like Iceworld, there are also maps that have time zones however they're exploited, meaning that it's impossible to beat, like hot_desert.

4: !zones zones. If I recall, the zones used for the server is the same that I used from when I was headadmin on a server, so if the issue with increasing the speed is that people can skip like 1/4 of the map (like on hot_desert) you should be able to place an invisible barrier to block that and force players to go through traps. However, the zones can be a little stubborn on how you place it. There are also kill zones for both sides, like a runner kill zone and a death kill zone, to slay players who say do an exploit to go into the death area without completing the map.

5: Remove speed increase from top player. This is to have an equal playing field for the time zones, meaning you don't have to get top player to get a good time.

6: Update shop. New player models, knifes, and things. Mostly player models.

7: New maps. Pretty sure this was a suggestion somewhere, but adding it anyways, nothing can go wrong with new maps right?
The smol an frigil coffee addict
[Image: 86a906c81529bb510b2cfb0162a3035c.png] [Image: 83315f5c55d2650bb8f111e855b7c85c.png]
Very good suggestions. I'll add to this at some point.