Poll: Are TTT knives overpowered?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
21.21%
7 21.21%
No.
30.30%
10 30.30%
In some ways, yes.
15.15%
5 15.15%
ITs A TraiTor WeAPOn Its MeAnT to bE PowErfUL
24.24%
8 24.24%
Make it two hit.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are TTT knives stupid?
Ah yes the old, old, OLD debate of the stabby stab.

Y'know the usual complaints of targeting come from the players that are above the average in skill present on the server, mostly much better then the average joe on the server. To even the odds, the players who aren't as skilled need something to still be able to defeat the ones they sure as hell will not take down in a gunfight. That's where the Knife and AWP come in. Both have their own gimmicks, AWP requires to be scoped in and makes hell of a bang, Knife leaves DNA and is only one kill.

So there's the problem. The lower skill/casual players have ways to take on the higher skill players, the higher skill players feel targeted. If these countermeasures are removed or significantly nerfed, then the lower skill/casual players are basicly just target practice for the higher skill players wich isn't fun for anyone. The same old "Then git gud" stuff also is not really a good counter to any of the players who otherwise don't stand a chance, this isn't some super competitive game where everyone must race to be the #1 god of the world. Its a casual game where people want to shoot each other.

I'd be down for the knife only 1 hitting on a backstab, if B-hopping stops being allowed. As with B-hopping players can accelerate to such speeds that backstabbing them is basicly impossible. Slightly increasing the delay from drawing the knife to be able to stab maybe a decent solution... I'd quite honestly prefer it stay the way it is, but hey, what do I know.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(02-25-2020, 10:18 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: I'd be down for the knife only 1 hitting on a backstab, if B-hopping stops being allowed. As with B-hopping players can accelerate to such speeds that backstabbing them is basicly impossible. Slightly increasing the delay from drawing the knife to be able to stab maybe a decent solution... I'd quite honestly prefer it stay the way it is, but hey, what do I know.

Bhopping is fun tho and dink's makes it easy to bhop.
I don't want TTT to turn into Old Guy Gamers bullshit on CS:S.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator