Poll: Are TTT knives overpowered?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Yes.
21.21%
7 21.21%
No.
30.30%
10 30.30%
In some ways, yes.
15.15%
5 15.15%
ITs A TraiTor WeAPOn Its MeAnT to bE PowErfUL
24.24%
8 24.24%
Make it two hit.
9.09%
3 9.09%
Total 33 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are TTT knives stupid?
This debate has been happening ever since the concept of TTT and it in particular is an item that if its changed in any way makes playing traitor harder for players that are new to the server, while making it easier for people who are highly skilled as innocents to stomp traitors. Note that a lot of people that complain about the knife focus more on the ability of their shooting skills and not necessarily the cunning aspect of TTT.
Not trying to bash any particular side, just stating that its there for people who aren't as skilled to be able to take out players who they know they can't normally kill.
The local Sega & Sonic fanatic.
[Image: JCMB8GH.jpeg]
The knife is op, but because of how it works I see no way to nerf it without making it a dumb weapon
Honestly the knife is so stupid due to the fact that it's not players trying to stab you while no ones looking, but to the fact that t's can brazenly walk up to you and easily murder you with no way to properly dodge due to the ridiculous hitreg with it.

The only ideas I could thing of would be to somehow add a short delay before stabbing similar to the spartan kick, or reduce the knife's damage to the point of putting you near death rather than flat out killing you.

The knife is completely biased against those who are actually decent at the game, but dont take my word for it. I'm just ranting.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
O boi, another thread about the Knife.

I don't think it'd be that much of an issue, if there wasn't already a huge arsenal of Insta Kill T-Weapons at their disposal. It's 2 sides to the coin honestly. I don't mind it being an Insta Kill, though I understand the frustrations of being targeted by them. But making it a 2 Hit Kill weapon would pretty much hinder it useless.

The Insta Kill to the Back Knife addon could be a a nice solution, but that's only if we could get it working. As we already know that it conflicts with the Hitreg addon we use. But I think it's better left off where it is currently now. As much as that sucks, the Knife is supposed to help out Traitors. As they are outnumbered by the Innocents & Detectives.

Honestly even if the Stop Following Rule was revised, that would help out with targeting immensely. But a lot of people are against that idea so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(02-24-2020, 01:55 PM)Christian Wrote:
Honestly even if the Stop Following Rule was revised, that would help out with targeting immensely. But a lot of people are against that idea so... ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Could discuss this potential rule change. I want to help eliminate targeting as much as possible.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(02-24-2020, 02:12 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Could discuss this potential rule change. I want to help eliminate targeting as much as possible.

It's worth a shot. Though Targeting is so Subjective, and I don't really see that many cases happen on the server. But if people really feel targeted, I think this would really help.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I mean, the knife's just a very big pain in the ass. With the removal of the Harpoon, I don't think the knife is a big enough issue to warrant any type of rule change or weapon change.
It's been a pain in the ass ever since servers started doing one-hit-knives. It just be like that. As for the whole targeting deal if it's that big of an issue, talk to someone.
[Image: 76561198079899620.png]
Lex
Dad Joke Connoisseur
Vinyl & Blu-Ray Collector Man 
A-1 Saxophonist
Challenger Eve, Cass & Singed Player
Ex-TTT & Discord Moderator
(02-24-2020, 01:55 PM)Christian Wrote: As we already know that it conflicts with the Hitreg addon we use.

The hitreg addon we use is also hot garbage, but there doesn't seem to be a viable replacement for it. 

What we need is something like Crescent TTT, Moat, and a lot of other popular servers have, a team of developers to work on and improve the gamemode/server/whatever. Co-Owner is supposedly filling that role, and not much has improved since we brought it back. The only problem is finding people willing to be developers here.
There are Shurikens in the T menu which is basically what most people I would assume want the knife to be like if it wasn't a one shot kill (Shurikens badly wound on a healthy target... can kill a wounded or low hurt player). IF the knife were to ever get removed or nerfed it would just be a close range shuriken without the throwing range.

My point: The Knife is unique just like the AWP and harpoon are unique: they are one shot kills. I like the knife the way it is now and like nicol said they do leave a long trace of DNA for someone to find who used it.

(this is my mind dump on this topic)
I'm always lifting, on the server and off, my gains keep me going!!

2013/14-Present (6+ years with this beautiful community!)

And Remember kids, never skip Leg Day!
Jesus Christ this pops up like every month. Don't nerf the knife.
[Image: gYIxK93.png]