Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bacardi
(04-29-2018, 09:45 PM)Summer Wrote: nopleez asked for a tp because he was stuck, and bacardi tp'd him due to it.

I did not ask for a TP
(04-29-2018, 09:39 PM)nopleez Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote: The teleporting issue: You said in the game voice chat "I'm stuck, help," which any staff would respond to by bringing you. After I brought you, you were walking around and said "Oh god no my C4," and seeing as I didn't know you were proven and it was overtime, that was enough for a sus so I killed you. You shouldn't have said you were stuck, because that will result in you getting teleported. If you say "I'm stuck" while running away from a T and get teleported, that's on you and not the staff who tries to help you. It's a weak argument at best and advocating exploiting our desire to help at worst. Again, if you say "I'm stuck, someone help" at any point pre- or during round, any half-competent staff member is going to teleport you.

According to you it is okay to teleport players mid round without knowing whether they are actually stuck or not. You claim it is the players fault if a staff member uses his commands to teleport a player when they claim they are stuck. When someone states "I am stuck" that does not instantly mean you should teleport them. They could be stuck in a traitor trap (67th way, community pool). I never once asked to be teleported, all I said was "I am stuck".

That said, no I do not think it is the players fault that a staff member uses the !bring command, it is your job to know whether or not a player actually needs to be brought without altering the flow of the game.

If !bring is used in the middle of a round it is usually by a spectating staff member that can clearly see the issue and knows it needs to be taken care of.

I agree that I did t-bait, but that is not the main point of this thread, the main point is that you teleported me mid-round. Also you would not have been able to kill me at the time if you did not teleport me so it did affect the game.

(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote: And on the "petty mutes and gags," they're not petty. There's been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server since the "gamer" thing has happened, and yourself and others have partaken in racism, trolling, and general harassment of others. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit idly back and allow you to make the server a living hell. Ask @Gabe , @ReThink , and any other regulars who have been on, and they'll tell you that when I mute/gag people, those people are being general assholes and it's for the best that they take a time out. You need to look at yourself and your own actions before accusing others.

There has not been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server; I play on the server almost every day and it seems to have been the usual over the past few days. 

You accuse me of partaking in racism, trolling, and harassing others, this is not true. While I may crack a few jokes here and there just like everyone else on the server, I am not trying to start problems with members of the community. I enjoy playing on the server and have no interest in creating a negative atmosphere. 

(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Sassy Phoenix Wrote: You shouldn't teleport people unless they ask, being stuck can be a good thing. Also I've seen him abuse commands for fun a lot, sometimes its funny others its not, but bringing people to just kill them mid-round is a dick move regardless.

Nopleez is quite evidently just angry about the fact that I muted/gagged him last night (I forget which) because he was being an asshat.

Yes, I am upset about the other night when you mute and gagged multiple players on the server. I believe you were abusing your powers at that time as well, but that has nothing to do with this thread.

1. Again, the TPing midround is something any staff would do, and if you didn't want to be teleported you shouldn't have said you were stuck. Your repeated argument about how you could be in a traitor trap is again completely absurd, as we have no way of knowing that but if we find out you lied about that you will be appropriately punished for lying and getting staff to use commands to give you an unfair advantage. I don't remember if any testmods/up were in the dead group, but we have to either be alive or in spectator to bring someone. It was the path of least resistance to your request you made. Furthermore, I would have KOSed you if you were referring to your C4, and then killed you if I found you around the map otherwise.

2. Your t-baiting is the main purpose of this thread, as you are upset I killed you when you t-baited after I brought you. You're switching between being upset about one or the other, but I've explained to you why you were brought and you're admitting you t-baited after being brought so I'm really not understanding what your problem is.

3. If you had no interest in creating a negative atmosphere, you wouldn't say the things you admitted to in the first place. I'll be the first to admit that what I said in admin chat contributed to it, and for that I regret it. It is not an abuse of powers to mute and gag people who are consistently being disruptive and trolling. I'm sorry you don't like that someone cracked down on it, but don't do it if you don't want to be muted/gagged. Shockingly, it's entirely conceivable that "multiple players" could all be making others miserable and feeding off each others' negative energy. And you can't say "it has nothing to do with this thread" when you literally invoked it in your OP. The people I was gagging/muting were the ones consistently yelling the hard N word, among other inexcusable epithets, into their mics or chat. If you have an issue with that, then that's really not my problem.

(04-29-2018, 09:50 PM)nopleez Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 09:45 PM)Summer Wrote: nopleez asked for a tp because he was stuck, and bacardi tp'd him due to it.

I did not ask for a TP

You said "I'm stuck, help." As I've repeatedly said, any staff member is going to teleport someone who says that. You're trying to make a mountain out of a mole hill here. You've also repeatedly contradicted and implicated yourself. I'm happy to discuss the TPing process with higher staff, and I'll be happy to tell you why you were muted/gagged when it happens and why it's not abuse.
i'm on the fence with this one. bacardi does have a history of abusing things although he has improved in that regard a lot and is a pretty active staff member who does a decent job at reports. nopleez can be kind of trolly but nothing that's harmful and he generally tells the truth in reports and the like. i wasn't paying attention to them when this happened, so i don't really remember much of anything happening, but honestly i feel like there's not enough to give anyone a major, major punishment and that if there was video of the events around it this would be a lot easier of a situation to act upon
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
I'm not going to keep going back and forth over this, the point is !bring should not be used during the round unless you know for a fact a player needs to be brought.

It seems the issue is that there is a misunderstanding about how !bring should be used. I believe an admin should respond to this thread and explain how to properly use the !bring command.

I never once asked to be teleported, all I said was "Help, I am stuck".

If anyone wants I can upload the entire round and you can come to your own opinion.
(04-29-2018, 10:15 PM)nopleez Wrote: I'm not going to keep going back and forth over this, the point is !bring should not be used during the round unless you know for a fact a player needs to be brought.

It seems the issue is that there is a misunderstanding about how !bring should be used. I believe an admin should respond to this thread and explain how to properly use the !bring command.

I never once asked to be teleported, all I said was "Help, I am stuck".

If anyone wants I can upload the entire round and you can come to your own opinion.

I don't know why you can't understand that "Help, I am stuck" is synonymous with asking for a teleport. I am stuck = I am stuck because of a map glitch and cannot move. Help = Staff with powers to help me, please help me. When someone says anything to that effect, staff bring them to allow them to not be stuck and play the game without bugs. Am I really explaining basic semantics to you right now, and is that what your entire complaint is predicated on?
I've only seen one staff abuse their position, and it isn't Bacardi. !bring is used for stuck people or post-round forced kills. If you're stuck, but want to stay in place, you don't say you're stuck. Gags and mutes are often required for the screeching into mics or obscene racism done on the mics/text.

If you are stuck in the T room, that's part of the game since T's can get to you, otherwise they die or they delay.

Nopleez is often assumed a Traitor due to his speed bunny hopping he does that matches a Traitor Tool, the beer drink item that boosts speed twice as fast. I've seen him use it to fly halfway across some maps. He gets angry for being called out on it as Sus.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(04-29-2018, 10:25 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: Nopleez is often assumed a Traitor due to his speed bunny hopping he does that matches a Traitor Tool

What?
There are plenty of other ways to fling yourself and bhop.
bhopping != traitor

This post is not breaking any rules. This post has been saved and it will be used as evidence when your status as staff is questioned. You have been warned. (This will appear on all of my posts.)
(04-29-2018, 10:34 PM)blakeman1 Wrote:
(04-29-2018, 10:25 PM)Guru Drak Wrote: Nopleez is often assumed a Traitor due to his speed bunny hopping he does that matches a Traitor Tool

What?
There are plenty of other ways to fling yourself and bhop.
bhopping != traitor

This post is not breaking any rules. This post has been saved and it will be used as evidence when your status as staff is questioned. You have been warned. (This will appear on all of my posts.)

Well to stay on topic, I said and Nopleez even confirmed that I killed him because he traitor baited by talking about "his C4" and it was overtime, so this had nothing to do with why I killed him and in fact I was not even aware of this.
Here is the video of the entire round.

The point of this thread was to discuss the abuse of the !bring command. I already stated that I was t-baiting and I understand my death was justified, however the !bring was not. Thanks.

5:50
(04-29-2018, 09:12 PM)BacArdi M. Wrote: Ok, where to begin here.

The teleporting issue: You said in the game voice chat "I'm stuck, help," which any staff would respond to by bringing you. After I brought you, you were walking around and said "Oh god no my C4," and seeing as I didn't know you were proven and it was overtime, that was enough for a sus so I killed you. You shouldn't have said you were stuck, because that will result in you getting teleported. If we're also playing the game, there's no way we can immediately confirm or disprove that you're actually stuck or in a running gun battle, but we're going to help you and if you abuse that then that's 100% on you and therefore a bad argument. It's a weak argument at best and advocating exploiting our desire to help at worst. Again, if you say "I'm stuck, someone help" at any point pre- or during round, any half-competent staff member is going to teleport you.

I didn't take advantage of the teleport to kill you, I would've KOSed you for saying what you said no matter where you were. And on the "petty mutes and gags," they're not petty. There's been an exceeding level of cancer and toxicity on the server since the "gamer" thing has happened, and yourself and others have partaken in racism, trolling, and general harassment of others. Sorry, but I'm not going to sit idly back and allow you to make the server a living hell. Ask @Gabe , @ReThink , @"Guru Drak", @Summer and any other regulars who were on last night, and they'll tell you that when I mute/gag people, those people are being general assholes and it's for the best that they take a time out. As you were doing last night. You need to look at yourself and your own actions before accusing others for trying to keep you in line.

(04-29-2018, 07:19 PM)Sassy Phoenix Wrote: You shouldn't teleport people unless they ask, being stuck can be a good thing. Also I've seen him abuse commands for fun a lot, sometimes its funny others its not, but bringing people to just kill them mid-round is a dick move regardless.

I'd never straight up teleport someone mid-round just to kill them, that's such a gross abuse of power that I wouldn't even consider it and hope anyone who does so has to answer for doing such. I teleported him because he said he was stuck, and virtually every other time I've teleported a stuck person up to now, it has been on the basis of them saying "I'm stuck, help" and nobody has had an issue with it seeing as they are explicitly asking for assistance in not being stuck. Like I said, I killed him after I had brought him (not sure on the exact timing, but definitely not instant) because after I brought him he made a traitorous statement. And if you've seen me abuse commands, it's probably because someone I'm friends with asked them to gag them and finds it funny. I always immediately ungag them. Nopleez is quite evidently just angry about the fact that I muted/gagged him last night (I forget which) because he was being an asshat.

Can confirm. @BacArdi M., from my experience, doesn't do anything without reason. More extreme compared to other mods? Sure, on occasion. He shuts shit down real quick though, and I personally haven't seen him abuse anything, so I'm not sure what the aforementioned "history of abuse" is.

Unorthodox methods does not make him a bad mod, people just complain when a mod cuts the bullshit because they know they're doing something wrong. Mods don't have to entertain bullshit reasoning; if they have evidence/proof that people are doing dumb shit to hinder gameplay, they can act as per the rules. Usually that's just a formality that most entertain. Obviously it's risky if you choose to skip right to punishment, because if there is counter-evidence and you make a mistake, your ass is on the line. I don't feel like this is one of those cases.

I don't see @nopleez providing any solid evidence against @BacArdi M., and it would be unfair to assume an accusation is true just because there were past issues. Obviously skepticism is fair, but this reaction seems extreme.

Also slightly off topic, but @nopleez T-baiting is T-baiting, regardless if you're proven inno or not. Very few "reasons to call KOS" are conditional, and most still apply to proven innos.

EDIT: The most "abuse" of commands i've seen him to is teleport me to the top of the map AFTER the round is over during "end of round" time in response to me making a snarky comment to him, which I personally find hilarious, and don't view as abuse.

EDIT 2: Just watched video. Use of the bring command was excessive at worst. He did follow through with the T-bait KOS rather strangely, but (to my knowledge) isn't explicitly against any rules. It really just expedited the process, not doing anything that he shouldn't/couldn't already do. Personally can see how it's unsavory, but I don't think it's anything worthy of the shitshow it's being made to be.

It's definitely a grey area situation, because (if i'm correct in my line of thinking) he teleported you because he legitimately thought you were stuck, and then thought "might as well KOS for Tbait since he's right here now", which I can see how it would be viewed as sketchy if it was premeditated, because then it looks like abuse. To check if you were actually stuck  though, wouldnt he have to teleport to you? At which point, he would just kill you there. So I don't see any situation where he could play the game normally without it making him look bad. The situation you set up @nopleez really didn't give him any good options as both a mod and a player, so I don't think this could be considered abuse.

EDIT 3:

But really though, nopleez is just mad that he died for doing dumb shit. This thread is just for the:
[Image: cc1.gif]
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]