Banned for Teaming with Cactus
Name:  Semenbeard the Ass Pirate

Steam ID:  STEAM_0:0:43225030

Who banned you:  Avi

Reason for ban:  teaming

Length of ban: two weeks / 14 days

Reason for admins to unban:  I get that teaming as an offense is serious and can really ruin some people's enjoyment of the game, but this was more along the lines of dumb fooling around between Cactus and I.  I gave him a homerun bat when I was a T, then when he died (he was kosed for having a homerun bat as a non-detective) I defibbed him.  I figured it would be funny to see people's confusion to an inno being revived.  As it was, there were very few people online, and I don't remember anyone being upset about it (there were only two T's after all), aside from Meepo mentioning to me that what I had done was technically teaming.  When I think of harmful teaming I think of like, giving an inno T weapons to screw over your T buddies, or a detective giving a traitor a stryker so they can kill more innos, or something else to that effect, all I ended up accomplishing was getting myself killed.  I think Cactus also ended up hitting the detective with said bat because the detective had him grappled?  All in all it seemed like some pretty harmless shenanigans, a two week ban feels like a bit much.

Have you been banned before:  Twice for mic spam

Other:  Kinda same as Cactus's note, maybe just mentioning "hey try not to do that that's teaming" or something would have accomplished the same.  I've definitely seen similar stuff to this happen in the past and people looked the other way because it was funny and largely harmless (which is kind of the point of TTT - a dumb funny game).  Not shading Avi or anything, she's a good mod and has always been nice to me, I'm sure she's just following the rules.
Tbh this does sound dumb. but you've been around for some time, and it IS generally known that if you defib an inno, its only for BM-ing and that you have to kill him immediately afterwards or else it is considered teaming seeing as why you were banned. Same thing with the homerun bat. you could've just left it lying around on the ground for shits and giggles, but you deliberately gave it to another player who was inno.
techically, you were in the wrong.
TLDR; you should have known what you were doing, your time on the server shows. and this IS a temporary ban of 2 weeks. so i'd suggest you just take it, reflect, and come back on once you served it.
+1

I really like you and Cactus. This seemed harmless.
You have 5 total bans, 4 excluding this one. Two of which are for RDM & Leave, the other two are for micspamming. Three out of the five bans have also been in the span of 3 Months, and all of them have been less than a year. I honestly think for those reasons, you should have to serve this ban out.

If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
thanks for deleting my original post, i guess. dunno what for.

but yeah, there's a difference between malicious teaming and this. you guys were obviously just fucking around, and I doubt you truly ruined anyone's day. +1 for unban, baby.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-13-2019, 09:02 AM)Admiral Arbok Wrote: thanks for deleting my original post, i guess. dunno what for.

but yeah, there's a difference between malicious teaming and this. you guys were obviously just fucking around, and I doubt you truly ruined anyone's day. +1 for unban, baby.

wait did ur post get deleted?
Similar to staff applications, unban requests is a serious section and must contain meaningful input to the matter at hand and everything else can be resolved elsewhere. So yes, a few were deleted

we can’t selectively enforce rules in one serious section then not in the other

"no fun in dinkleman's ttt"(in an odd font as well) or replying to a post saying some kind of poptart is better doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Same with separate concerns such as “mods being above the rules.” That can gladly be talked about somewhere else where it is relevant. It is standard protocol to issue a 2 week ban for teaming in accordance with MOTD with the possibly of unban or reduce on appeal, it has always been that way

but decision should be made by tonight or tomorrow for both of these. All pending appeals will have a response by weekend
(09-13-2019, 09:07 AM)Gabe Wrote: "no fun in dinkleman's ttt"(in an odd font as well) or replying to a post saying some kind of poptart is better doesn't contribute anything meaningful to the discussion. Same with separate concerns such as “mods being above the rules.” That can gladly be talked about somewhere else where it is relevant. It is standard protocol to issue a 2 week ban for teaming in accordance with MOTD with the possibly of unban or reduce on appeal, it has always been that way

Ok, yeah-that's fair. my apologies, Mr. Gabe (not being sarcastic)
[Image: giphy.gif]
(09-12-2019, 11:27 PM)Christian Wrote: You have 5 total bans, 4 excluding this one. Two of which are for RDM & Leave, the other two are for micspamming. Three out of the five bans have also been in the span of 3 Months, and all of them have been less than a year. I honestly think for those reasons, you should have to serve this ban out.

I didn't bother including the rdm and leave ones because I figured they were miniscule, seeing as the only reason they happened were people waiting ages to report me for something after I already left for the night.  I guess they are bans, I just didn't consider them to be of the same caliber.
(09-13-2019, 01:34 PM)Semenbeard the Ass Pirate Wrote: I didn't bother including the rdm and leave ones because I figured they were miniscule, seeing as the only reason they happened were people waiting ages to report me for something after I already left for the night.  I guess they are bans, I just didn't consider them to be of the same caliber.

I mean, 1. You can't file an official report against someone AFTER they leave, with an exception of reporting it to admin chat when the person RDM's and immediately leaves, and 2. Both your bans were by Lycan and he isn't one to ban for rdm and leave if you weren't reported before leaving with ample proof. Nor would he ban for something like "I got rdmed a few rounds ago and didn't report it til now cause the guy left 2 rounds ago." <--Not saying this is what happened, using it as an example.

If however you were reported before leaving, and either A. Left without answering (again, can't officially file a report if the person leaves the server, so if you have an active report it means you stayed on long enough for them to actually report you for it,) or B. Responded but didn't stick around to find the conclusion (a notification pops up on the right side of the screen to notify you of anything done with your report) AND didn't let the staff know you needed to leave, you would in fact get banned if deemed as RDM.

All previous bans are worth noting regardless of what they were for cause they add context to your history on server and character/behaviour.