Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Banned for wrong reason
Ingame Name: Rheaneas

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:34871193

Who Banned You: TheUltraFish

Reason For Ban: Ghosting

Length of Ban: 1 month

Reason for Mods to Unban: Before I joined this server, there was prop hunt server called Sona Prop Hunt (now gone due to lack of people) and played on that server for long time. Ever since Sona is gone, I decided to play on Dinklebergs server where my friends like Nuru and SpeedyDog play. Of course I'm new to this server but my skill in prop hunt hasn't rust. Therefore, people would suspect me that I'm ghosting. I had people accused me of ghosting back in Sona server despite that I played on the server for long time. Nuru, SpeedyDog and Rane were also in Sona as well and they know me well so they would back up my claim.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 
Never been banned before until now.

Other: I honestly don't know who Seelenruf is and also logging off at the same time was just a coincidence. I just want to take a break. That's it.
He's a well seasoned sona player with a lot of gmod time under his belt. I understand the ban, it was fishy how all of that played out, but personally knowing him as long as I have, it's jsut that he's good at the game honestly.

Also the evidence is not proof enough for a ban to begin with for ghosting I believe, there's no prof that they knew each other.
+1 for unban.
I'mma be honest the links to the video evidence don't work for me still so I can't watch them however from what I can tell there was a hacker on and there may have been some miscommunication leading to a false ghosting claim. After watching Speedy play I know that from an outside perspective it would look like your walking straight up to props but if it's anything like speedy your walking over looking for every small detail that points to a prop being there.

I say +1 for unban, I can't access the evidence other than the screenshots which prove nothing, there is no evidence that connects the two, we cannot just go off of suspecting people of being in a discord call together without proof, since we can not prove that you were friends with Seelenruf and in a discord call I say it was an oversight that may have been overlooked. And finally Seelenruf's VAC ban suggest he may have been using hacks of some sort or even had a different friend on ghosting for them.
He's a good player who can often get as many kills as myself. Not once on Sona did I ever see him cheating with anybody so it would be rather unusual to start now. The Seelenruf player on the other hand, probably was cheating. A quick look through his profile shows that they were not even on the same continent and he doesn't even have one screenshot of gmod which suggests a non-reg player who, as Minute pointed out, has a VAC ban. All around fishy. The guy seems to have 2 accounts as well with only the suspicions one being private. Also, never saw Seelenruf on Sona.

In regards of evidence of ghosting happening, I can't see any. All we were given were screenshots and the link to the video was broken so no proof there. I have seen cases in the past where there were ghosters cheating together and removing each other on steam prior to playing, but those cases are rare and far between. It's even less likely with non regulars to the server.

I can see why there would be suspicion, but I don't see the proof. Therefore, +1 for the unban
Based on the original ban request, this player was simply banned for being good at prophunt. There was zero evidence provided of ghosting and as such no ban should have been assigned.
@TheUltraFish

The original ban request
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...d-Ghosting
I don't wanna know why you're all up at 3 am doing stuff, but with the mix of the video that I somehow had working and the screenshots it appeared as if both of you were ghosting with one another. What did not help was that you were on different teams. However, since you have people able to back up your claims and the other player having vac bans and you not, you'll be unbanned.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
This is my normal awake time ;c SORRY IK THIS WILL BE CLOSED.
(08-15-2018, 01:22 AM)Rheaneas Wrote: Ingame Name: Rheaneas

SteamID: STEAM_1:1:34871193

Who Banned You: TheUltraFish

Reason For Ban: Ghosting

Length of Ban: 1 month

Reason for Mods to Unban: Before I joined this server, there was prop hunt server called Sona Prop Hunt (now gone due to lack of people) and played on that server for long time. Ever since Sona is gone, I decided to play on Dinklebergs server where my friends like Nuru and SpeedyDog play. Of course I'm new to this server but my skill in prop hunt hasn't rust. Therefore, people would suspect me that I'm ghosting. I had people accused me of ghosting back in Sona server despite that I played on the server for long time. Nuru, SpeedyDog and Rane were also in Sona as well and they know me well so they would back up my claim.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): 
Never been banned before until now.

Other: I honestly don't know who Seelenruf is and also logging off at the same time was just a coincidence. I just want to take a break. That's it.

Well Im kinda concerned on this still since when I unbanned the Steam id that you put here it was the other players account that was banned with you
[Image: giphy.gif]
rheaneas doesn't seem to have ever been banned in the first place.
e: gban doesn't show any ban history for him
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(08-16-2018, 11:37 AM)[black]Tronald Wrote: rheaneas doesn't seem to have ever been banned in the first place.
e: gban doesn't show any ban history for him

He was on when I banned him and the ban info posted in the game chat.
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army