Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"Before you apply..." Guide
This is an informative guide to help all that are thinking of applying for staff.

When thinking of applying, there are a few things to consider before your application.

1. Do I have enough time?
    1. As you may know, to apply for Trusted, which is your first step into becoming staff, you move from regular. The minimum for Trusted is 100 hours. This is the bare minimum, and most of the time will be seen as not enough time. For some, it might be better to apply around 300 hours. With considerations on how long did it take you to get to that  time. If it takes you a year to get to 150 hours, and you’re not on consistently, you might want to change your act, and think of applying at a later date. 

2. When did I join?
    1. This is also extremely important. Although its not stated, you want at least a month of community time (when you first joined). There has been cases where a member has entered the community a little more then a month before becoming trusted, and they got it. It helps also with this next item to consider.

3. Do people know me?
    1. This is very important. If you barely know anyone on the server, they won’t know you when it comes to applying. This will lead to a lot of +0’s and -1’s. This also includes how do people know you. If they know you as a major troll, mic spammer, causes problems, RDM’s etc, then this will be reflected on your application rating.

4. Do I have enough forum time?
    1. This is very important as well. What this means is that you are taking your time to get evidence and making ban requests for individuals who deserve it. We all want this community to run as smoothly as possible, and if you’re applying for staff, you need to show that you will take the extra step to making it run smooth. Also in general forum chat. It might not be a good idea if you are in the negative with your reputation on the forums. Stay positive. 

5. Do I really know the rules? 
    1. This might seem silly, of course you know the rule, you’ve been playing for at least 100 hours. But there’s a lot of different ways people interpret the rules. You also need to know what punishments should be given at a certain time. Do not be afraid to ask fellow staff for help. 

6. Am I really willing to commit? 
    1. Life happens. We all get it. But do not apply right before you super sweet 14 day cruise followed by another 2 weeks of vacation. You are applying for staff. Treat it like a job. You would never apply for a job and then say that you wont be seen next month. You wont be hired. Also be ready to help any newcomers, and be prepared to explain why you gave so-and-so a punishment. 

7. Do I stick out? 

1. Be the poplar kid in school. Get along with everyone in the server and make sure staff notices you.

Now that we went through a personal “are you ready” checklist, we have to get ready to go through the application process.

You’ve been thinking of applying for staff, so you have obviously seen the application. this guide should break it down and help you understand each and every aspect of the application. Let’s take a look.

__________________________________________________________________________________________
  • Procedure

Use the provided format and make a new thread with it in this subforum. The community will then post their opinions of your rise through the ranks. When you post your application you may want to try and inform any current staff members you know, as their posted opinions of you will help your application. Upper staff will then deliberate and determine if your application is approved. You will be informed of when you are approved or why you were denied.

Format
Use the format below when applying for staff. Fill all fields to the best of your ability.

Ingame Name: (So what is your in game name. add your current name, also if you change your name frequently, you might wanna add your other names) 

SteamID: (this is your unique steam ID. Theres multiple ways to get it, one through in game where you hit tab, right click your name, and copy steam ID. The you paste it in the box. Also you can use an outside website, like this Click me)

Time Played: (How much time have you played in the server? Should be easy, it says it right in the top right in the blue box. Converting it to hours also helps.)

When First Joined: (Sometimes its easy to remember, sometimes not. Go Here to find out al the info you need.)

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): (When you are available, generally when you play.)

Rank Desired: (You should know this, you are applying for it. ‘Trusted, Tmod, Moderator, Admin.)

Current Rank: (Pretty self explanatory)

What can you do to help the community: (These two are extremely important. This is your center stage to show what you want to do and why you want to do it. You want to put in as much detail as you can on why you want to help community. This can be a deciding factor between a +1 and a -1. Make it as unique to you as possible.)

Why you want to help the community: (Read above) 

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): (Post if you have been banned before, if you haven’t, then you can post N/A.)

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): (Same as the one before it)

How did you find us?: (Just how did you find us?)

Other: (Please do not leave this blank. You want to throughly fill tho out, and filling out everything will show you mean business) 

Make sure you use this format.
Good Luck!

___________________________________________________________________________________________

So we made the application, and the toughest part yet has started. You are going to get rated. It will be in the +1, +0, or -1 format. If you get a bunch of +1's from non-staff, but all -1's from staff, it will not look good. If thou get all +1's from the staff, but -1's from the community, it will not look good. You want to make sure your application is almost all +1's. A few +0's and -1's can be over Shadowed by a lot more +1's. Do not attack people who don't give you a good score. It looks extremely bad. Take it to heart and improved on it. 

After A few day's, you will know your faith. There can only be two outcomes.

ITS NOT ALL OVER IF YOU DON'T GET STAFF THE FIRST TIME AROUND. You have a few months now to improve on what everyone discussed in the application. We love to see improvement, and thats what we're looking for. 

-or-

Congratulations! You are now apart of staff (or you got a promotion!), and are ready to help keep peace and order to the server. Please, do not be afraid to ask questions. Make sure to stay active, and be the best staff you can be!

I hope this guide has shown what is expected when applying. Do not be afraid of the application process. Its easy once you do it. You will also become more popular within the community. 

If you don't make staff the first time, and really want it, there is no shame in donating to become Tmod. Just understand what is expected of you.

If you have any questions, or would like any help or guidance in your application, please feel free to reach out to me. I will gladly take the time to help you out, and Ill give an honest up front opinion if you should apply or not. This opinion will also be reflected on your application.

~Tons4583
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
Necro but i had never read this whole thing lol. @tons4583 you in all honesty do deserve a fucking staff award. Pls give one to yourself <3.
It is not okay to literally tell people their opinions are wrong because they disagree.
i spy with my little eye 3 misspellings
[Image: wXT38jo.gif]
1. I have like 1w and 6d
2. last summer
3.Yes
4. more than most
5.more or less
6.sure
7. Yes
Hey maybe i should apply
This will help me in the future thanks!
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
When you get denied, you will more than likely buy T-Mod right away in spite, or barely play on the server anymore because you got 4 pages worth of +1's and still got denied.
[Image: giphy.gif]
(05-06-2017, 04:45 PM)Admiral Arbok Wrote: When you get denied, you will more than likely buy T-Mod right away in spite, or barely play on the server anymore because you got 4 pages worth of +1's and still got denied.
That's like when Hilary won the popular vote but it didn't matter because Trump won the Electoral College votes.
(05-06-2017, 04:45 PM)Admiral Arbok Wrote: When you get denied, you will more than likely buy T-Mod right away in spite, or barely play on the server anymore because you got 4 pages worth of +1's and still got denied.

ITS NOT ALL OVER IF YOU DON'T GET STAFF THE FIRST TIME AROUND. You have a few months now to improve on what everyone discussed in the application. We love to see improvement, and thats what we're looking for. 
[Image: sYlL3bD4Bf9Cg.gif][Image: u7gAmp9lCZWPC.gif]
(05-06-2017, 06:05 PM)tons4583 Wrote:

I mean he was demoted and denied for posting something in a private discord. What's to improve?
(05-06-2017, 06:18 PM)StaleWater Wrote:
(05-06-2017, 06:05 PM)tons4583 Wrote:

I mean he was demoted and denied for posting something in a private discord. What's to improve?

Why. do. you. insist. on. not. knowing. what. the. fuck. you. are. talking. about.