Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can't hear most taunts.
I talked to Voss about this a little while ago, but a solution wasn't reached. We were just chatting about it, really. I thought it'd be a good idea to make a thread on this so it can be kept track of better. Either way, as the title suggests, I cannot hear most prop hunt taunts on the prop hunt server. For example, I can hear johncena and the youfool taunts, but I can't hear all taunts labeled as just "prop". I've tested many conditions. I can't hear them regardless of map, if they are played locally or globally, or even if I play them. I also tested on another server and experienced little issue. Another important thing to note is that I'm subbed to dinkleberg content on steam and have gmod set to download all server content just in case. Any help is appreciated, thanks.
Hmm odd. I haven't had an issues with this myself.
If I remember correctly, it's an issue with your Prop Hunt GameMode vs the one on server. Try unsubbing and deleting the PH Game Mode and load into the server.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
thats really weird i can also hear all the taunts.
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
last time i checked taunts worked still
(10-16-2018, 10:46 PM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: If I remember correctly, it's an issue with your Prop Hunt GameMode vs the one on server. Try unsubbing and deleting the PH Game Mode and load into the server.
I don't have a prophunt gamemode to uninstall. I recently did a clean install of gmod, and the only server I've been on is dinkleberg's prophunt. I might be missing the install location? I'm looking under the gamemodes folder.
I have the same issue, I can't hear any of the regular taunts only the custom taunts. Added to that sometimes I have to stop sounds due to something wrong with the noise from the server usually on restraunt or lockup where it sounds like a television that went off air after evening shows.
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
Still persists after a complete reinstall and various other troubleshooting like verifying integrity, not that it was a solid troubleshooting method to begin with. Any assistance and responses are welcomed.