Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Change PH overflow to PH test
Ok hear me out..

My suggestion is modify the PH overflow server into a map test server. It would work like this: Maps which are considered for the main server go through a test period on overflow first for a "trial". During the trial we can gauge how viable a map will be, determine popularity, and test potential exploits. If we restrict the test server to members+ it would give users another incentive to keep playing on dinks (just a thought). Keep the top 5 most played maps and fill the renaming slots with test maps.  

Reason 1: It would be a great way to get community feedback on potential maps for the main PH server.
Reason 2: Having alternate maps between the two servers will keep PH players from getting burnt out on the same maps.
Reason 3: It will promote players to play on overflow as well as the main server.

Just give it some thought -sember
Only issue with this is that most PH maps support 32 players or lower, with a couple of exceptions that support 40. Some of the maps we have currently were modified specifically to support 40 players when we switched.It's not a bad idea to play with though.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
Honestly just cut down the ph slots to 32 and send the other 8 slots to the overflow that would help with the problem
[Image: J6yUs0g]
I also like this but liek Travis said it only fits a certain amount of people therefore it’s gonna be hard but overall using it as a test server is a good idea but it’s gonna have its pros and cons
I may look calm but in my mind I just killed you three times

#SMOL SQUAD 2016-forever

Nicol Bolas
Its not a bad idea ^_^ But yeah would like to see some slots cut down due to lag on some maps
Ingame Names 
Sharky / [Red]Sharky / Hysender / Wizard
Apple a Day keeps Mother Nuru Away 
Resigned 
Deathrun - PropHunt - Murder Staff member
If we reduce the slots on main then the server is gonna fill up fast and staff can’t get on. Now since we have it at 40 it rarely fills up all the way are staff are able to get on. The server has filled up twice from what I’ve seen but staff were still able to get on once someone left.
[Image: giphy.gif]