Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pets, Hats and Accessories
(06-20-2019, 08:50 PM)? NoToast ? Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 08:45 PM)Mother Nuru. Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 08:34 PM)[test]Julia Wrote: yes definitely add more pet, accessories, and hats! i was already going to make a thread for some more potential player models to use in the ph server.

there should be a pet slot because its already separate from accessories, so why not a separate slot?  :P

like i said before and like xanax stated, its hard coded in, i cannot make pets their own slot

yes, you can't but dink can. If dink can find the time i don't see a problem with creating one

I'm fairly certain Dink has no more access to the pointshop than the Admins do. The creator of PS2 coded the slots in such a way that they can't be modified or removed. Now, if it's possible to assign items to another slot, then I see no harm in doing so.
(06-20-2019, 08:59 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-20-2019, 08:34 PM)[test]Julia Wrote: yes definitely add more pet, accessories, and hats! i was already going to make a thread for some more potential player models to use in the ph server.

there should be a pet slot because its already separate from accessories, so why not a separate slot?  :P

like i said before and like xanax stated, its hard coded in, i cannot make pets their own slot

yes, you can't but dink can. If dink can find the time i don't see a problem with creating one

I'm fairly certain Dink has no more access to the pointshop than the Admins do. The creator of PS2 coded the slots in such a way that they can't be modified or removed. Now, if it's possible to assign items to another slot, then I see no harm in doing so.

I've played servers with a "pet" specific slot and my old server the dev created a admin slot for some of the toys he added for us to play with when the server was  dead
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Not to argue..but.

It is possible to create a new slot labeled pet, or at the very least and another accessory slot only allowing pets to it. When the pet is created as an item it would go in that slot. As I have done it on a server I worked with in the past. The new slot once created, each crate item/store item for pets would need to be changed to the pet slot manually. As an admin you don't have access to the items that need to be updated through ulx. Pets are not the only example, the jump pack is the same way. Dink would have to change the price/etc an admin can't. Unless they have access to the file itself. Which in the case, I am sure that access isn't given.

Also Nuru said, they have a bit more important things to work on right now. I am sure after all that is handled they will spend some time making the server better aesthetically.

honestly ps2 code might be too complicated for him to do so
Just gonna drop this link to the PS2 docs.

http://pointshop2.kamshak.com/en/latest/...item-types

What’s also interesting is that they have documentation to display your point shop points on the load screen.
Dink has access to how PS2 functions in the server, including slots. And what files are actually present in the server.
Admins have access to several things, including what the shop itself displays, pricing, a lot of customization of hats and accessories but not player models, access to individual inventories etc.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(06-21-2019, 09:34 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Dink has access to how PS2 functions in the server, including slots. And what files are actually present in the server.
Admins have access to several things, including what the shop itself displays, pricing, a lot of customization of hats and accessories but not player models, access to individual inventories etc.

Interesting.

Now I'm curious as to why Dink hasn't done anything regarding these kind of suggestions yet.
(06-21-2019, 10:11 AM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(06-21-2019, 09:34 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Dink has access to how PS2 functions in the server, including slots. And what files are actually present in the server.

Interesting.

Now I'm curious as to why Dink hasn't done anything regarding these kind of suggestions yet.

For the most part things should be directly sent to him for best results

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon