Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Common sense isn’t common
There have been several requests to set up rules for the forums since some players are over monitored while others seem to get a free pass. Not getting into that debate but there should be a public set of rules that while common sense should still be displayed. Rules against and defining necroing, shitposting, etc that apply to the whole site not just certain threads. This thread is for anyone to suggest what rules they would like to see and how they should be implemented. Civil discussion between different ideas is encouraged to see how people feel about the different rules. It would be easy to toss some rules together but I would rather have input from the community first.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
When I first joined here a year ago I got my ass hella jacked for necroing, without knowing it was a rule.
This is 100% something needed somewhere.
Shitposting with a link to shitposting needs done. Maybe something to better explain how to use the forums too for the dumbos like me. (When i started here i fucked up the forum thing a lot)
good suggest matt
It may seem like common sense, but realistically forums and bulletin boards just aren't used that much by the mainstream anymore. It's generous to assume 50% of the people on this forum have never used another forum prior to joining, except maybe Reddit if you can even call that a forum. Not having a rule board has always been a pretty strange move.
Common sense indeed inst common especially when it comes to something as nearly obsolete as web forums. The older crowd among us are probably familiar with how web forums work but a lot of younger folks had no reason to join a forum before coming to dinks. Just about every forum I have been part of has had a READ FIRST post giving a crash course tutorial on how to properly navigate and use the forums. Most often it would contain proper forum etiquette and links to the most useful threads. I tried to make a post like that the last time this issue was brought up but it didn't gain much traction.

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...or-Newbies
The only thing that I ask for is for whatever rules are thrown together in 6-8 business weeks, that they be enforced fairly.
(01-07-2020, 06:33 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: The only thing that I ask for is for whatever rules are thrown together in 6-8 business weeks, that they be enforced fairly.

It’s a project I’m going to personally work on. And this makes for a good spot for members to post what rules and what counts as fair, bc it will affect staff as well. 

There are a few who have brought this up several times, so I’m hoping they throw out some rough drafts as well.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-07-2020, 06:40 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(01-07-2020, 06:33 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: The only thing that I ask for is for whatever rules are thrown together in 6-8 business weeks, that they be enforced fairly.

It’s a project I’m going to personally work on. And this makes for a good spot for members to post what rules and what counts as fair, bc it will affect staff as well. 

There are a few who have brought this up several times, so I’m hoping they throw out some rough drafts as well.

Sounds good. Glad somebody competent is working on this.
Like RussE said, forums aren’t used a lot by most people anymore and the culture that’s associated with them has fallen off, making forum “common sense” things not really common sense, especially for those that haven’t used forums before. Hell, I’ve used forums a fair bit and I still don’t know what counts as necroing versus commenting on an older post. I’d love a concrete rule board for this stuff.
"Be excellent to each other and party on, dudes!"
I've brought this up to admins a few times and the response I got each time was that the shitposting rules are good enough. I disagree with this as the shitposting rules are for the shitposting section and do not cover things like necroing
Common sense only exists when people are punished for breaking unspoken rules
[Image: gYIxK93.png]