Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Compromised steam accounts
Over the last week I've had a number of Dink members message me through steam. Each one sent me the same message asking me to vote for their csgo team on blostcup. Once you go to blostcup it will ask you to login to your steam or email... You probably see where this is going. 

These accounts are compromised and logging into to blostcup will obviously release your login details to a unknown entity. Once they have your credentials they will start messaging people on your friends list to continue the scam. If the person they message calls bullshit they will just block that person and move on to the next. At the rate at which this is spreading I suggest everyone turns on 2 factor authentication if you haven't done so already.

Do not click any links via steam even if you trust the person sending it at least within reason.

This is probably common sense but judging by the amount of friends who have already messaged me, people are still falling for it. It's going around hard right now and I just want people to be aware.
Temporarily going to pin this. It's important.
Umm... Also if the sign in pops up in a box then dont sign in. Like on here [link removed]
Hey! This is another approach they are using in attempt to get access to your account, stay safe ya'll!
[Image: HackerS.PNG]
Damn my plan is foiled already

But yeah, I don't know what the URL for the steam login shows up as but if it's not an official steam url but wants the info it's not legit. If this site is using a legit steam login url then def report it to valve
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(01-11-2020, 06:30 PM)IJC Soul Wrote: Umm... Also if the sign in pops up in a box then dont sign in. Like on here [No]

Ok dont link an actual scam website tf
[Image: b_560x95.png]
(01-11-2020, 07:54 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 06:30 PM)IJC Soul Wrote: Umm... Also if the sign in pops up in a box then dont sign in. Like on here [No]

Ok dont link an actual scam website tf

Someone send me this link
More members are currently being compromised. To help people be more aware, I advise you not to click, nor sign in to any website that you do not know of.

Here is what you can expect the messages to look like.
[Image: P3cXRqf.png]
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(01-13-2020, 11:34 AM)Christian Wrote: More members are currently being compromised. To help people be more aware, I advise you not to click, nor sign in to any website that you do not know of.

I had messages almost exactly like this from 2 staff members earlier this month
(01-13-2020, 11:45 AM)Cake Wrote:
(01-13-2020, 11:34 AM)Christian Wrote: More members are currently being compromised. To help people be more aware, I advise you not to click, nor sign in to any website that you do not know of.

I had messages almost exactly like this from 2 staff members earlier this month
Sorry those were my hacked accounts