Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Console/Command Guide
Some people dont know certain things just like getting into console or using some of the console commands. Hopefully this will help you with the simple things.

The Start
These pictures will be named and at the bottom in attachments.
To get into console press the little squiggly line (tilde key) at the top left of your keyboard
Once you press that, it will open to another screen. On that other screen at the bottom there should be a white bar. That's where you type the commands.

Binds
Now a bind is something you can press a button on your keyboard or mouse then it will do a command from console
Example: bind (key) (command)

Now if you want to talk by pressing a button type the command below.
Command: bind (key) "say (text)"
Example: bind k "say Ooga Booga"

You can run as many commands as you want with a single bind. They must be in quotations and every command is seperated with a semicolon.
Command: bind (key) "(command);(extra command);(extra command)"
Example: bind k "say Ooga Booga;kill"

Number Pad Binding
Since I already made a thread on this, I don't need to repeat it. Ill link it down bellow.
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ad-Binding

Colors and Their Numbers
https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...nd-Numbers

Acts
These commands let you dance, cheer, etc on the server. Just type the command in the white space on console.

act robot - Slowly moving arms like a robot
act muscle - Sexy dance
act laugh - Laughs while pointing forward
act bow - A bow like bowing a wonderful performance
act cheer - Cheer like you're cheering for a football team. Both arms pumping the air
act wave - A friendly wave
act becon - Hand signal telling someone to come to you
act agree - Thumbs up while nodding your head
act disagree - The naughty finger shaking of the head
act forward - Hand signal telling someone to proceed
act group - hand signal for everyone to group up
act halt - Hand signal for halt
act zombie - Wobbles left and right like a zombie with both hands raised and leaning back (Moonwalk Time)
act dance - Dance like the BeeGees
act pers - Crane like pose

You can also have your character use one of the act commands and move at the same time
To move forward
Command: bind (key) "+forward;(any act)"
Example: bind k "+forward;act dance"

To move backwards
Command: bind (keys) "+back;(any act)"
Example: bind k "+back;act dance"

To move left
Command: bind (key) "+moveleft;(any act)"
Example: bind k "+moveleft;act dance"

To move right
Command: bind (key) "+moveright;(any act)"
Example: bind k "+moveright;act dance"

Hopefully this helped you  Heart

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

[Image: giphy.gif]
To add on to this, I believe you can't bind two different chat messages to the same key.

For instance, I cannot bind "Hello!" and "Gabe gay" to the same key and have them both appear when I use the bind.
(12-06-2018, 05:29 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: To add on to this, I believe you can't bind two different chat messages to the same key.

For instance, I cannot bind "Hello!" and "Gabe gay" to the same key and have them both appear when I use the bind.

You can put it in one bind but I get what you mean
[Image: giphy.gif]
(12-06-2018, 05:29 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote: To add on to this, I believe you can't bind two different chat messages to the same key.

When binding two actions, use a semi-colon to link two actions on one key.  You can easily tell you can do this due to many players on TTT binding radio_Traitor and a Say message when they call out traitors in TTT.

~~~
Edit
~~~

Here I have bound a Say command quoting a famous song which relates to TTT for use of a certain traitor weapon, and bound it by using the semicolon to apply Act Dance. The semicolon is placed directly at the end of your Text, but remains inside the Quotation marks, allowing a double action on a single bind.

http://i67.tinypic.com/35jja51.jpg
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy