Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Crossfire
Aight fine I’ll make a thread, didn’t feel like debating the rules but we’re getting off track. It is false to say the rules say crossfire is not slayable. If when we touched up the guide a few months back we didn’t clarify that then okay, but crossfire CAN be slayable. Not always, but there absolutely are times. I’ll get into this later I’m sure, but hopefully this will start the thread. This is not a thread for some “please make crossfire slayable”, it is and there needs to apparently be discussion of when. I really do not know where the notion that you are not responsible for your bullets came from. The exceptions or what defines it as "accidental" when it comes to inno on inno differ in some respect then when it comes to T on T, but they come down do not being the fault of the shooter. Example being cross map through a window, or some idiot (actually) walked in the way. Otherwise spraying into a crowd with a huge to kill a T is legal. Or an incend because someone in the crowd was called out.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Had to get reminded but this is what I've been hearing regarding crossfire so far:
Inno on inno crossfire: determine if accidental, if so, no slay.
T on T crossfire: same as above but 1 slay for accidental rdm

Far as I'm concerned getting a t buddy in the crossfire when it's entirely their fault shouldn't constitute a slay.

Correct me if I'm wrong.
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020
I find it very entertaining to read all of these threads debating highly specific rules for shooting people in a game about shooting people
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
“When it’s entirely their fault” should be the difference in the argument I’m making.
If Russ watched a fight go on and bhoped in the middle of it he deserves the Darwin Award in that case. But if I shot through Russ to kill a T then I fully could have prevented that as the shooter.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Yes I do apologize for any confusion I may have caused. It was early and I was on mobile.

Crossfire is slayable if it is clearly not accidental. It is up to the staff handling the report at the time to determine if it's reasonable crossfire at the time. For that reason, crossfire tends to be a case-by-case basis. With no actual "ruling" on crossfire besides a sentence under "T-on-T RDM" I can understand the confusion. It be like that sometimes

From the Staff Guidelines under RDM/Attempted RDM
Quote:Please ensure the damage is not a result of accidental crossfire or stray bullets when enforcing RDM or Attempted RDM. 

So yes, as you said. People are responsible for your bullets, however if you're jumping in front of gunfights expecting to get someone slain you will be disappointing. With T-on-T it is far easier to know where your teammates are considering there is a large floating T above their head, hence why it is slayable more often than not in that case (unless it is a "jumping in front of a bullet" situation).
[Image: b_560x95.png]
nah if you kill someone else while shooting at someone, you should be slain because you can't aim properly lmao. i've died many times to this and the person who killed me does not get hit with any punishment which is annoying because they claim it was an accident.

Damage is one thing, but actually killing should 100% be slayable.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(03-07-2020, 12:53 AM)Foxka Wrote: nah if you kill someone else while shooting at someone, you should be slain because you can't aim properly lmao. i've died many times to this and the person who killed me does not get hit with any punishment which is annoying because they claim it was an accident.

So you're suggesting we punish players for simply not being good at not just the game, but shooters in general? That's not a good way to keep players coming back.
I mean the rule is there as a baseline I think it should be on the discretion of the staff member on I mean they have brains let them asses and decide the situation right?
[Image: 46713d688f8087b1f2d3b92a79d7afea.png]

Future owner  :D
(03-07-2020, 01:31 PM)the shrowl Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 12:53 AM)Foxka Wrote: nah if you kill someone else while shooting at someone, you should be slain because you can't aim properly lmao. i've died many times to this and the person who killed me does not get hit with any punishment which is annoying because they claim it was an accident.

So you're suggesting we punish players for simply not being good at not just the game, but shooters in general? That's not a good way to keep players coming back.

aren't you the person who gets the most buttmad when they get killed in crossfire due to negligent aiming ability? Why are you making this retarded assumption? No, I m not suggesting we punish players for being bad at the game. I'm saying that if you kill someone else you should be still held responsible for your actions.
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(03-07-2020, 01:53 PM)Foxka Wrote:
(03-07-2020, 01:31 PM)the shrowl Wrote:

aren't you the person who gets the most buttmad when they get killed in crossfire due to negligent aiming ability? Why are you making this retarded assumption? No, I m not suggesting we punish players for being bad at the game. I'm saying that if you kill someone else you should be still held responsible for your actions.

ok but you being accountable for every single stray bullet is punishing the bad people. if there is a gunfight happening don't stand near it.
[Image: 4kcofo.jpg]thx fish[Image: Salsa_UwU.jpg]