Poll: New map or no?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Update that shit real good
71.43%
5 71.43%
Keep the old one
28.57%
2 28.57%
Update it, but not you kiddo
0%
0 0%
Total 7 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dinkleberg Map Remake?
I've been working on a few personal maps that i'm getting close to completing, so naturally i've been looking at new ideas for map creation.

I had the idea of potentially remaking the ttt_dinkleberg map since people (from my experience) have not-so-positive reactions to the current map. (And honestly, it's not really complete/ready for proper ttt matches). I would like to offer to staff to remake the map on my own time when I get the opportunity (most likely around a month or so, finals are coming :') ) because I think I could really contribute something that people would enjoy. Plus I like making things.

Potential benefits:
  • The map won't look like it's just thrown together like the current one
  • I can take suggestions/ideas from you all to cater the map to the server's wants to create a unique experience
  • I can (if needed) make the map exclusive to dink's ttt server (not uploading it anywhere so that the server has something special)
  • I have a decent amount of knowledge with hammer editor
  • I can take my time and make something quality since summer is arriving soon
  • I'm open to collaboration with other mapmakers if that's what staff wants
  • pls
So yeah. Let me know what you all think! Tag any staff members you know that can make this sort of decision, i'm not sure who decides that sort of thing.

EDIT:
@Scoovie or @DaKody Who makes these sort of calls?
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

Add a white flame somewhere and you’ve got my support.

I would suggest that the traitor tester can be enclosed rather than just open.

Add some tunnels that lead to a secret room under the map. 2 tunnelways lead to it and inside the room is an unbreakable music box.
Go for it if you think you can salvage that disgusting monstrosity of a map

and server memes are always welcome
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
Weren't there already like two or three people supposedly working on remaking this map?

Anyway, as for a remake of dinkleberg I'd say go for it if you want.
For ideas? I'd suggest maybe taking the third house out, and put more focus on the turner and dinkleberg houses, make them larger and more accurate, just fleshing them out more. I'd also suggest using as much from the source material, the show, as you can/want. Like, for instance, make a traitor room that's the inside of cosmo and wanda's fish castle, that you go to by activating a teleporter connected to the fishbowl in timmy's room or something. Make magic or wish related traitor traps. Maybe have vicky's lemonade stand outside complete with her underground sweat shop dungeon. Have doug dimmadome's hat towering into the heavens off in the distance. Whatever, go crazy and have fun with it.

I also don't really understand what decision you want staff to make. You want to make a map, go ahead and make a map, no one can stop you there. Go ahead and get as much input and suggestions from staff and anyone else you think has good ideas you can pull off. As for replacing the current dinks? I'd say hold off on that discussion until your map is in a position to actually replace it.
If anything, just make the current houses not as bad. And not as dark and shitty looking.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
All you need, to make the dinks map tremendously better, is to add MG42
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
(04-17-2018, 02:14 PM)Jerminator00 Wrote: Weren't there already like two or three people supposedly working on remaking this map?

Anyway, as for a remake of dinkleberg I'd say go for it if you want.
For ideas? I'd suggest maybe taking the third house out, and put more focus on the turner and dinkleberg houses, make them larger and more accurate, just fleshing them out more. I'd also suggest using as much from the source material, the show, as you can/want. Like, for instance, make a traitor room that's the inside of cosmo and wanda's fish castle, that you go to by activating a teleporter connected to the fishbowl in timmy's room or something. Make magic or wish related traitor traps. Maybe have vicky's lemonade stand outside complete with her underground sweat shop dungeon. Have doug dimmadome's hat towering into the heavens off in the distance. Whatever, go crazy and have fun with it.

I also don't really understand what decision you want staff to make. You want to make a map, go ahead and make a map, no one can stop you there. Go ahead and get as much input and suggestions from staff and anyone else you think has good ideas you can pull off. As for replacing the current dinks? I'd say hold off on that discussion until your map is in a position to actually replace it.
It's more of a "not wanting to make an entire map and then be told we don't want to replace the old one" sort of thing. Quality maps take time, so it would really suck putting something together without staff approval and then have it rejected. My philosophy is to ask staff if they actually would be interested in such a proposition BEFORE I put time into it.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]