Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Dinkleberg's (Unofficial) All the Mods Expert Server - Megathread
[Image: iw4xyi.png]

IP: 74.91.126.220

Welcome to the general megathread for Dinkleberg's unofficial Minecraft Feed the Beast server! Here, you'll find information such as how to connect to the server, what Feed the Beast actually is, and the general rules and guidelines that you should follow. Additionally, this thread will be used for discussion regarding the server and game, so feel free to post here with that in mind.

[Image: Ms8UQc.png]

Feed the Beast is a collection of mods for Minecraft that dramatically alters the way the game is played past a certain point. You can download the pack and go along your way, progressing normally up until the Ender Dragon, but if you do so, you'll find yourself overwhelmed by a host of new blocks, ores, tools, mobs, and more. Feed the Beast adds content to the game that generally leans further toward either tech or magic, and you can do either one, or both, depending on what interests you. In normal Feed the Beast, you can pick up almost any mod you want that's in the pack, and specialize in that, but you're much more likely to get better results by utilizing multiple mods. Together, these mods can do things like double your ore output, automate digging, and even create an entirely new dimension. You're definitely going to feel overwhelmed if this is your first time playing the pack, but it's important to remember that every single mod in the pack is well-documented online, and you can easily look up information about them.

You may have noticed the tagline 'Expert Mode'. Expert mode is a feature of Feed the Beast that alters the gameplay even more significantly, by making various changes to recipes, even vanilla recipes, forcing you to follow a specific path of progression up until a certain point. In Expert mode, the magic and tech paths rely on utilities from other mods in that tree to progress, making it so that you have to use more mods than you would in a normal playthrough. This significantly increases the time you have to spend progressing, but teaches you the ins and outs of many different mods. To reach the endgame, Draconic Evolution, you need to master both the tech and magic paths. Expert mode is generally considered to be for experienced Feed the Beast players because of the changes it makes, but it's important to remember that even if it's your first time, the mods still work rather similarly to how they did before, and the hard part of the mod is in the form of the progression you have to make. I believe it can still be fun for new players.

In particular, we're using a Feed the Beast pack called All the Mods. This is a modpack focused on support for later versions of the game while using mods that are less common, but still just as fun. There are still some common mods in the pack, and, despite the name, the mods are configured to all synergize with one another.

[Image: vWWFFI.png]

You can install Feed the Beast by first downloading the Curse client from here. Once inside the client, you should go through the setup process, and then press the Creeper icon on the sidebar. Select 'Browse FTB Modpacks', then find 'All the Mods Expert' on the list. Hover over the entry, then select Install on the left. The client will install, and you can launch your game.

[Image: uPqhAu.png]

Since this is a community server, the rules are basic and light, and mainly for the consideration of other players.
  • Don't take from other players without their permission.
  • Don't grief the land that another player's base/home is on, or the land directly surrounding it. In other words, don't make it impossible to navigate.
  • Don't claim the land around someone else's claim, especially with the intent to prevent them from expanding, unless they give you permission to.
  • Don't exploit the game; essentially, don't abuse functions of the game or of the mods in a way that the developers didn't intend. For example, cloning resources.
  • Don't attempt to lag out the server. Be considerate with what you build, attempt to optimize it if you know how.

[Image: ArxQqI.png]

I have no idea what to do! What do I do next?

It's important to remember that Minecraft is bound to a strict form of progression, even though it isn't as obvious in the base game. To make a chest, you need to make a crafting table. To make a crafting table, you need wood. To get wood, you need to punch trees. Although that's a simple example, everything in this pack is similar to that. To make one tool, you might need to have another already made. Because of this progression path, however, it can be confusing as to where to start. To figure out how you should start, take a look at the book you spawn with, since it details how to progress in detail. If you lose this book for any reason, you can obtain it again by simply crafting a single block of dirt in your crafting grid.

If you need help figuring out how certain blocks, machines, and items work, the FTB Wiki and the FTB Gamepedia are both excellent sources of information. Additionally, there are video tutorials on Youtube for these mods, and there are quite a few good tutorials you can look at to better understand how something works.

Questions that can be answered by the book will not be answered in this FAQ, so make sure to look through there first.

The wiki page on the sites you linked didn't have the right recipe (or it doesn't have a block/item from a certain mod)! What's up with that?

Expert mode changes a lot of recipes in order to form a tight progression, so it's extremely likely that the wiki won't have the correct recipes. To view the recipes that the server uses, you can go into your inventory. You'll notice a search bar at the bottom and a list of items on the right. You can press O to hide this menu. You can type in the search bar to find an item you want, and when you're hovering over the item, press R on it to see the recipe, and U on it to see what recipes it's used in. These recipes are always accurate since the server provides them, so don't worry about them being wrong. If the wiki doesn't provide the information you're looking for, you're liable to find it on Google or on the mod's page on Curse.

What are claimed chunks? How do I claim chunks?

Chunks are a 16x16 area, reaching from bedrock to the sky. You can view chunk boundries by pressing F9. With FTB, you can claim chunks so that people not on your friends list can't modify it or steal your items. To do so, you should press the [Image: iiUTMG.png] icon on your inventory. This gives you a view of the surrounding area from above, and allows you to see if the land is already claimed, and by whom. If the land isn't claimed, you can claim it by pressing on that chunk, and right click it to remove your own claim. You can claim up to 100 chunks. Additionally, you can claim 10 chunks that will always stay loaded, out of your already selected chunks. In Minecraft, if you go too far away from a chunk, all operations will stop in that chunk (such as a furnace smelting) and will resume when you get back in range. By selecting a chunk to stay loaded, it will always be active as long as you're on the server; the moment you leave the server, the chunk will become unloaded again.

If you want to share your claim with your friend, you can do that, too! Press the [Image: uttCkr.png] button on your inventory, and find your friend on the list. Press on their entry, then press Add as Friend. Your friend will receive a notification informing them of this, and once they accept it, you'll be able to modify each other's claims!

I want to chat with the people that play on the server, even when they're not online! What do I do?

You can join us on our Discord server here, made specifically for the Minecraft server!
how much deditated wam is on your sewver?
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
(01-25-2017, 03:43 AM)queef commando Wrote: how much deditated wam is on your sewver?

4 gigo bite
Can we (you) make it official
[Image: original.gif]
(01-25-2017, 07:34 AM)StaleWaters Wrote: Can we (you) make it official

Not up to me to decide.
Why wouldnt you just make a "The 1.7.10 ModPack" Server, quite possibly the best modpack in minecraft.
Sounds good, be nice if this was official. I might have a looksee myself.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
Fuck expert mode.
expert mode is too much for a nub like me
[Image: giphy.gif]
what is the main IguanaTinkerTweaks to edit
[Image: 200.webp#61-grid1]