Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Suggestion
We should make a system where people can be ping with things such as
@interestprop @interestttt @interestDR and so on

I recall in another discord, for people who want to be in those list they had to type in
 .interest(game)

EDIT:
People who wants to be ping will have to type in (Dot)Interest(Game). (Example: .InterestPropHunt)
Those that don't will simply not type it, or if already in type in (Dot)NoInterest(Game)

It's mostly to bring people that has interest to the games to pretty much be called.

It's mostly for cases when there are not many players on.

I am mostly a prop hunt player, and rarely do roleplays (most of the time it makes no sense and in some case chaotic which I tend to avoid). So I don't know the case for the other servers and how popular it is.

But it does open doors for players who seek others with such commands, example if players tend to avoid DarkRP because there aren't many on it, they can simply type in "@InterestDarkRP anyone want to join with me?", in best case it would ping people who have an interest to DarkRP and raising the chance to join in.

This also helps for servers to gain popularity as it does make the community call each other to join in, and sometimes new players will see a more filled server and join in as well.

Some people tend to avoid empty servers as they really just want to have fun.
I saw you make a comment about this in the discord as well, and in neither setting have you really explained why or what they'd be used for. I can only assume it'd be to get the attention of people who might want to play something if someone else they knew was getting on or something? I can kind of see how that'd be useful of so, especially if it was a rank people could opt in and out of at will so it wouldn't have to be managed, but is something like that really needed for ttt or prophunt? Seems like those two in particular are almost always active (but I could definitely see it being useful for murder). Continuing that line of reasoning, I would also see no issue with perhaps extending these ranks to other commonly played games by the regular discord users (overwatch, pubg, etc.) to see who's up for a game in general.

Or you had something else in mind, in which case you kinda need to go more in depth with your idea instead of 'we should have this thing.'
I feel like this would get out of hand and annoying very quickly though
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(04-11-2018, 11:45 AM)Jerminator00 Wrote: I saw you make a comment about this in the discord as well, and in neither setting have you really explained why or what they'd be used for. I can only assume it'd be to get the attention of people who might want to play something if someone else they knew was getting on or something? I can kind of see how that'd be useful of so, especially if it was a rank people could opt in and out of at will so it wouldn't have to be managed, but is something like that really needed for ttt or prophunt? Seems like those two in particular are almost always active (but I could definitely see it being useful for murder). Continuing that line of reasoning, I would also see no issue with perhaps extending these ranks to other commonly played games by the regular discord users (overwatch, pubg, etc.) to see who's up for a game in general.

Or you had something else in mind, in which case you kinda need to go more in depth with your idea instead of 'we should have this thing.'

Pretty much it, but I basically went simple explication. It's mostly to bring people that has interest to the games to pretty much be called.

It's mostly for cases when there are not many players on.

I am mostly a prop hunt player, and rarely do roleplays (most of the time it makes no sense and in some case chaotic which I tend to avoid). So I don't know the case for the other servers and how popular it is.

But it does open doors for players who seek others with such commands, example if players tend to avoid DarkRP because there aren't many on it, they can simply type in "@InterestDarkRP anyone want to join with me?", in best case it would ping people who have an interest to DarkRP and raising the chance to join in.

This also helps for servers to gain popularity as it does make the community call each other to join in, and sometimes new players will see a more filled server and join in as well.

Some people tend to avoid empty servers as they really just want to have fun.

(04-11-2018, 11:52 AM)Foxka Wrote: I feel like this would get out of hand and annoying very quickly though

Well it's more like people who wants to be ping will have to type in (Dot)Interest(Game). (Example: .InterestPropHunt)

Those that don't will simply not type it, or if already in type in (Dot)NoInterest(Game)
This would perhaps be useful for Murder or DR, I don't think it would be helpful for TTT or PH. Most of the time those have players on anyways.
I only see this being abused and having people opt out of it. It's the reason alone why he had pinging @everyone and @here disabled server side. I really don't see a reason to make things that more complicated.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
(04-11-2018, 02:10 PM)Prince Nicky La Flama Blanca Wrote: This would perhaps be useful for Murder or DR, I don't think it would be helpful for TTT or PH. Most of the time those have players on anyways.

Personally,  It's useful for any server, as it happens that some periods that even popular ones tend to end up empty for a while, such reasons as school, and work.

(04-12-2018, 03:01 AM)Christian Wrote: I only see this being abused and having people opt out of it. It's the reason alone why he had pinging @everyone and @here disabled server side. I really don't see a reason to make things that more complicated.

So, how is it any different, then @(any User names), @(Staff)? It's only pings people who actually has accepted to be ping. In many case players can mute discord servers where the only way they can be ping is specifically @(User name). In other word, what is worst then @interest(game), is actually @(user) which can bypass the Mute.
(04-12-2018, 08:33 AM)Thunder_Nova Wrote: So, how is it any different, then @(any User names), @(Staff)? It's only pings people who actually has accepted to be ping. In many case players can mute discord servers where the only way they can be ping is specifically @(User name). In other word, what is worst then @interest(game), is actually @(user) which can bypass the Mute.

People don't want to be pinged annoyingly, which is why we disabled @here and @everyone like I said before. And there is a difference, you ping Staff when you need them. Not because the server needs more players. Staff are not obligated to be on the servers at all times, though it is helpful to have them on so they can deal with rulebreakers.

From my POV, I don't really see people opting into this, and to those who would will most likely opt out of it to avoid spamming notifications. Which is why I don't think it'll be useful adding.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
I didn't mean about @(staff) as a standalone thing. I mean anyone can troll with it, even at the risk of ban. Plus seeing the state of some staff leaving... well you get the idea.

I do mute in some aspects but never mute a whole discord server, so I tend to let channels that I would like to be notified often. Anyhow, you see it. It's your own opinion, plus there are more then just you.

Some are might be neutral, and some are ok but with exceptions. Personally it's up to the community. Which oddly, not many visits the forum.