Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Discord Update
(02-01-2020, 11:26 AM)Cake Wrote: Does the bot have access to the relay channels?
I am not the best when it comes to moderation bots on discord would it deletes spam and blacklisted the relay channels?

Right now it does not auto moderate relay channels because I know staff look at that when people have issues and ping on call so they look there to see what issues are going on. I didnt want it to affect anything being posted there by the bot (if it reads it as spam or word filtering).
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Discord mods need to have the ability to add roles so they can restrict people from channels if necessary. Yes they can mute but sometimes things happen that don't warrant a full server mute.
[Image: b_560x95.png][Image: clapclub.jpg?width=1202&height=519]
(02-01-2020, 11:39 AM)[Yellow] Travis1421 Wrote: Discord mods need to have the ability to add roles so they can restrict people from channels if necessary. Yes they can mute but sometimes things happen that don't warrant a full server mute.

Discord mods have the ability to add ttt/ph chat restrictions, roles that disallow nickname/reactions, and can add member/master/regular roles. This was one of the features added with the new bot.

Side note, the current threads we have in the discord section will be updated today/tomorrow to reflect the current access the rank has and guidelines that they have to follow.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
While I can see a use for the report system, I still agree with the others that the discord mod role, more than any other role in the discord, should be pingable. I really cannot see why it shouldn't be. For situations that need an immediate response (or soon) the role should be pinged. This isn't a service that they have to be at home with a computer fired up and in a game to moderate, this is a mobile app. Being reasonably accessible should be an expectation.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(02-01-2020, 10:12 AM)near Wrote: It not a dm to us we have a channel that'll show reports and who reported what. You won't be forced to use it, but personally i think more pros than cons and won't hurt to keep for people who would be willing to use it.

Then how does it directly notify moderators? Mods check the report channel at their own leisure? It's not like the role can be pinged by the bot..

Like I said, it feels more like an incident handler as opposed to an immediate notification and response system. Discord is an instant messaging service, and anyone on that server can send any image on their computer or say any word that they think of at any time and any where instantaneously. Automoderator helps with this fact, but I typically want the guy that just posted 7 pages of hentai in the middle of general chat gone as instantly as possible.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(02-01-2020, 01:16 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(02-01-2020, 10:12 AM)near Wrote: It not a dm to us we have a channel that'll show reports and who reported what. You won't be forced to use it, but personally i think more pros than cons and won't hurt to keep for people who would be willing to use it.

Then how does it directly notify moderators? Mods check the report channel at their own leisure? It's not like the role can be pinged by the bot..

Like I said, it feels more like an incident handler as opposed to an immediate notification and response system. Discord is an instant messaging service, and anyone on that server can send any image on their computer or say any word that they think of at any time and any where instantaneously. Automoderator helps with this fact, but I typically want the guy that just posted 7 pages of hentai in the middle of general chat gone as instantly as possible.

Once again saying i work full time and can't scroll discord every 5 minutes like some people. If i am pinged for something i can't just stop putting togeather a $5000 pallet of food to handle it. Thus reports like that are handy if its something that doesn't require immediate action. The good thing about discord is server mods can also kick and ban people spamming hentai like nicol did the other day and he let us know what happened and why he did it. And yes i check eveything in the discord regarding the moderation section of discord. If its lit up for me i check it.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Personally i'm not apposed to keeping reports and adding the Discord Moderator Role.

It hurts absolutely nothing to have the reports section as Near and I both work full time, therefore we won't always be able to jump right on a situation unfolding. Yes, there's admins that can see this stuff but we are talking about the Discord Moderators right now; because as many have stated on MULTIPLE occasions that it is "our job to monitor the discord". You're both right and wrong! Isn't that a fantastic reality. 

I highly recommend that IF you feel like you can communicate well with a team behind the scenes and work to develop the Discord community into a more wholesome place (yes I laughed too when typing that) or at least a bit more manageable; by all means apply to be a Discord Moderator. 

As you can see (and things you can't see cause you don't have the clearance for it) we've made some changes moving forward. Yeah you won't like some of it because of it's complexity, but the changes aren't all about you anyway it's about looking at the bigger picture. 

So if you feel like you're a big picture kind of person who's level headed, and you meet all the requirements to be a Discord Moderator. Please apply. Let's get a great team that can communicate well, and help this community thrive. 

Let's look forward to the future and all the great things it may hold. 
After discussing with the Discord Moderators and getting their feedback, I have gone and made the Discord Moderator role pingable. This does NOT mean pinging the role freely. Please ping this role for situations that require immediate attention if no Discord Moderators or other staff are handling the situation. Joke pings or unnecessary pings may lead to punishments. Be considerate for those that hold the role and patient as they will respond as soon as possible.
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
(02-01-2020, 09:42 PM)Avi Wrote: After discussing with the Discord Moderators and getting their feedback, I have gone and made the Discord Moderator role pingable. This does NOT mean pinging the role freely. Please ping this role for situations that require immediate attention if no Discord Moderators or other staff are handling the situation. Joke pings or unnecessary pings may lead to punishments. Be considerate for those that hold the role and patient as they will respond as soon as possible.

Ur the best <3
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide