Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donor Guidance
Hello everyone, both staff members and non-staff members. I'm making this thread so not just myself, but all the current and new Donors who are unsure of how to efficiently moderate the servers with limited commands can go about doing so in a safe and non-abusing manor.

When I'm on the Prop Hunt & Trouble in Terrorist Town servers (mostly at night, since that's when I get home from work), I always seem to run into players that think it's okay to ruin the fun for other players by breaking the rules in their favor. Now I'm not saying it's anyone's fault for not being on during the later hours of the night, because people should be getting their sleep rather than staying up to keep watch of a server. However, I find it sort of difficult to moderate the server efficiently with limited commands as a Donor. When I read the rules, I noticed right away that there are some commands that Donors don't have access to. I understand why Donors don't have access to these commands, since anyone can become a Donor by donating money. I'm just a little unsure of how to go about enforcing certain rules without certain commands (Ex: When someone decides to sit in Spectator or switch teams without permission).

I'm just looking for some guidance, either from current or resigned staff members on how to go about using the commands that Donors have to the best of our abilities.
[Image: 755D32A4688113EEEF4709B59F2192242.gif]
We have a Donor guideline thread. https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...onor+rules

It's more of a TTT thread, @"Traitor" will be making a PH Donor guideline soon.
[Image: Untitled-1.jpg]
The gag, mute, and kick are efficient enough for donors to get points across, mic spam is the usually the most common issue so gagging someone while following the offense rule usually gets the point across. As for donor guidelines I'd say they are pretty much the same as TTT just that we don't have music, also kicking is more of a last resort for repeat offenders, such as if someone teamswitcher 3 or more times or mic spams after a third time being gagged then that usually works. For ghoster, hackers, or even trolls I'd recommend downloading OBS or another screen recorder to record them for proof to put in a ban request. and as for the donor powers I know you said you understand but we recently had another donor request powers so alot of answers on why more powers to donors is overall considered a bad idea here https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ngs?page=2
Hope this helps.
(07-05-2018, 06:13 AM)MinuteMonarch Wrote: The gag, mute, and kick are efficient enough for donors to get points across, mic spam is the usually the most common issue so gagging someone while following the offense rule usually gets the point across. As for donor guidelines I'd say they are pretty much the same as TTT just that we don't have music, also kicking is more of a last resort for repeat offenders, such as if someone teamswitcher 3 or more times or mic spams after a third time being gagged then that usually works. For ghoster, hackers, or even trolls I'd recommend downloading OBS or another screen recorder to record them for proof to put in a ban request. and as for the donor powers I know you said you understand but we recently had another donor request powers so alot of answers on why more powers to donors is overall considered a bad idea here https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...ngs?page=2
Hope this helps.

Just wait Im going to make a thread about this later.
[Image: giphy.gif]