Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Doug Dimmadome Report
Offender's Name: Doug Dimmadome

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:72949909

Offender's Rank: TMod

What They Did: 
Oh boy, my first staff abuse report. Well let's start with what happened today before we go into the multiple past events. Basically we were playing on the maps ttt_bank_b3 & ttt_troubleisland when @Chezz reported a player by the name of "Wiggly Nose Penis Toes" (interesting name, I know) on the last round of the map. As you can see here, the report was canceled by the victim but a slay was still administered to the attack and was never removed as you can see here. As unfortunate as it is, this false slay did not come to the attention of myself or @"Lycan" until it was pointed out to us the first round of the next map after the slay has already taken effect. After this was brought to our attention, I messaged doug via the adminchat telling him that he just slayed someone on a canceled report and he said the following. After he replied to this, myself and Lycan pointed out to him it was in fact canceled and therefore a false slay here. After this, Doug went on to say this. What he said here just further proves Doug's carelessness and tendency to slay people for the wrong reasons. It also shows Doug's failure to acknowledge and fix his mistake by not slaying himself in return or apologizing to the attacker, for example. Doug decided to leave and exit the game a minute or two after these events. If Doug had acknowledged his mistake and fixed it I would've reconsidered making this thread, but he should know better by now. Another previous example of @Doug Dimmadome false slaying a user is located here where he slayed a user for a valid sus and not taking the initiative to try to confirm the sus with other users besides the victim and the accused. I realize that this thread is pretty old and during the early days of his staffing, but still.

Re-addressing things I think should be included here to get an idea of what he's done in the past:

https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-Unjust-Ban

Some of you may remember this thread while others may not. To sum it up to the best of my knowledge, this ban was for sexual harassment against a certain user and among other reasons while he was staff at the time. I'm going to steal a quote here that Everyjuan said on this very thread that I think sums up the things Doug has done in the past and future.

"Dude, you queued a song with a title commenting on a XX year old girls chest. Chill the fuck out before Chris Hansen gets involved. You've done lots of shit that's not welcomed by the people you have done them against. You were kicking the other day for things that are just fine in the rules (someone named You). Take the week, chill out, and when you come back think about your actions.

Avi hardly ever complains and you made her feel extremely uncomfortable. 

This isn't a ban based off of this single incident, this is a ban based off of the fact that every time you come back you do dumb shit(racist, trolling, abuse of power, etc.)
I'm not trying to be PC police here but jesus dude think about shit before you do it. (Especially this part)

-1 wait it out. while you're banned, read the MOTD and staff guidelines, rules, etc. I can provide links if you need them."

With that said, there have also been some other recent encounters with @Doug Dimmadome that some players found to be unpleasant. While I may not have solid proof of these per say, I have talk to people such as @[AG] StrawIowa39 and @ReThink where they recall encounters with Doug where they have have been RDMed by him for "being annoying" and said they are willing to comment on this thread to confirm it. Here's a picture of something StrawIowa said in discord one day about his encounter with Doug. In that screenshot, you can see that what Doug is accused of here is immature, unprofessional, and something you would not expect out of a staff member.

When They Did It: 6/29/2018
                              Previous accounts of immaturity and other wrongdoing here that I felt should also be re-addressed in this thread:  2/13/2017, 5/5/2017

Potential Witnesses: @"Lycan"( For False Slay that happened today 6/29/2018) @ReThink @Avi @[AG] StrawIowa39 (For previous accounts on what issues they've had with Doug in the past.)

Proof: https://imgur.com/a/oy3tPa9 (All screenshots from the False Slay today compiled into one album)
           https://prnt.sc/k0xns9
           Past Accounts that should be taken into consideration while reading this:
            https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thr...se-slaying
           https://www.dinklebergsgmod.com/site/Thread-Unjust-Ban
Other:
I might've missed a few things in here, so if you know of anything else feel free to comment in the thread below or shoot me a pm so I can add it here.
@Doug Dimmadome
Well this is pretty damning evidence

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Its try very rude staff member, You want nice staff member to show new players that they can trust them and that they feel safe
How do you miss the big checkmark in the report menu that says that it's canceled?
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
I can validate @Gabe’s mention of @Doug Dimmadome RDMing with the “being annoying” justification.
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

I haven't been apart of the community for very long, just having gotten back into Gmod a bit after a long while of being away. Every staff members I have come across has been pretty laid back and relaxed and some even helpful. @matt_st3 (Strongrule) and I had a lot of fun tossing discombobulaters everywhere just the other night. @Gabe was very helpful when I first joined helping me out figuring out how the point system works. BUT the first time I ever met @Doug Dimmadome he joined the server and was loud, rude, and just outright not fun to be around. I ended up leaving just so I didn't have to play alongside what I personally call toxic. I wouldn't say my encounter is means to ban but it was definitely a good enough reason for me to +1 this post.
Hi Gabe,

Thanks for the report. The Admins have seen your report, and are currently waiting on Dinkleberg to reach a decision.

Thanks,

EpicGuy
Thanks for letting me know i was very confused on why i was slay'd but it's fine the past is the past
Oh boy, my longest post yet. Forgive any misspells or oddities in it as I must type this from a shitty mobile phone until I am near a computer.

@Gabe please don't bring up the Avi situation. You have no idea the full story there which is made completely evident as you reference a post in a long, long thread in which I had to defend myself from people who made Avi a huge victim when she made it clear later she viewed the whole incident as no big deal, and I apologized in both that thread and privately to her for making her feel discomfort on a personal level as that never was, never has been, and never will be my intent with my humor on the server. Again Avi, if you find this thread, I apologize for my actions then as they were never intended to cause harm.

The false slay from my past you bring up happened a while ago, don't be a child and dredge a past mistake up to make it seem like I do this constantly, I don't. In my years of playing on this server I've made mistakes and enemies, everyone in staff has.

To the people who bitch about me killing for being annoying, I've only ever done it to mic spammers, people who I personally find unbearable and obnoxious, or who have done something to insult those on the server I would call friend. I'll do this once to a person and stop as I don't believe in targeting or harassing someone just because I don't like them. I also make it clear, by the time I'm ready to kill for these things, that I am willing to take my punishment and that that sort of behavior is not condoned. I make it clear that doing so will result in either myself or another staff member will take action.

Now let us address these current accusations against me from Gabe.

You barely know me. I've never seen you on the sever before this incident you reported me for and when I was on, I was on for ~30 minutes. That is not nearly enough time for you to decide what kind of person and staff I am. How fucking dare you attack me personally with some of your comments, you have no right and nothing to validly back up your claims. Your flimsy so called "evidence" is just the text chat, you failed to mention at all my responding in the voice chat, reaffirming to you that it was unforgiven on my screen. I'm not going to retread my previous deconstruction of what you've said. You made an entire thread to accuse me and bring up the past that was left in the past, this wasn't a professional attack against me because you see me as unfit staff, this was very clearly personal which I don't understand as I have no outstanding memory of you, but perhaps I've "wronged" you or someone you know. Yes, it's obvious I made a mistake here in dealing with the report, no I'm not indifferent as a staff member and I do take my role with some amount of seriousness, but I also understand that this is just a video game, so I don't slit my wrists at every wrong turn and fuck up.

You make a big deal out of why I didn't slay myself, I've been told many times by mods, test mods, admins, and super admins to not handle slaying against myself and reports against myself or from myself, I'll be a biased view in it. With that being said, let me counter your point @Gabe. Why didn't you or @Lycan (Love you, fuck you) slay me? You're both staff, you both made it clear I had screwed up and that you could clearly see I screwed up. Do your own job, since I'm so careless, and add the slay. I didn't do it as it would be unprofessional to do such when other staff are present to do so, I do that in order to avoid trouble.

Forgot to mention this initially, the reason I left was to go to work. I didn't have a choice, I'm happy to take the slay next time I'm on the server. I didn't leave out of carelessness, not that you knew that because you probably didn't hear me to few times I said I had to go to work soon that day. I can provide my work schedule and further elaborate on the subject as needed.

TL; DR - You made a thread in which you attacked me personally for no reason, made a mountain out of a molehill over a mistake, brought up previously resolved problems as though they have bearing now, and claimed I should've done your job for you @Gabe, and I acknowledge that the handling of the report was my mistake and will accept punishment for it.

Thank you for being the bigger man than me in this situation Wiggly Nose Penis Toes, it is appreciated.

(Please keep that I have dyslexia in mind, it is very possible and very likely my brain switched the check mark and the X mark while I tried to quickly handle the report. I will also attempt to rectify any misspells I've made in this post at home on Word.)

Mr. Hat haven't been a part of the community for very long, just having gotten back into Gmod a bit after a long while of being away. Every staff members I have come across has been pretty laid back and relaxed and some even helpful. @matt_st3 (Strongrule) and I had a lot of fun tossing discombobulaters everywhere just the other night. @Gabe was very helpful when I first joined helping me out figuring out how the point system works. BUT the first time I ever met @Doug Dimmadome he joined the server and was loud, rude, and just outright not fun to be around. I ended up leaving just so I didn't have to play alongside what I personally call toxic. I wouldn't say my encounter is means to ban but it was definitely a good enough reason for me to +1 this post.

You not liking me isn't relevant to this post at all, you don't have to like me. I don't care if you don't like me either, nothing you said here is relevant to the thread.

(06-29-2018, 06:17 PM)[AG] StrawIowa39 Wrote:
Its try very rude staff member, You want nice staff member to show new players that they can trust them and that they feel safe

Again, nothing said here is relevant to the thread. I do not have to be nice to you as a staff member, most of staff is generally not that nice.
[Image: running-shaggy.gif]