Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
EXP system change
Hey guys,

So this morning I got on the server and had something very strange happen to me. For some reason, my experience bar was gone and my console was getting FLOODED with console errors, all which were pointing to the experience addon. I asked others on the server if they were having problems with it, and everyone said it was working normally for them. So not only is my console getting flooded with errors, but my HUD actually completely disappeared. I couldn't see what role I was on my screen, what weapon I was taking out, anything. It was very strange. 

Shortly after this, I stayed in the server for a while and some strange things happened the next map. The dead/alive glitch triggered (where people who die can still talk to live people), and it took a map change to fix this. I think the experience addon is likely the reason we've experienced this sort of glitch in the past, and I also believe it's probably a heavy contributor the lag we are experiencing on the server. This is a very old addon I got forever ago, which may or may not have even been written all that well. It's entirely possible that it has some flaws and could be causing issues. Also, it doesn't support storage on a database, so all of the information is stored on the server, which could be slowing things down. 

So I've decided it's probably time to switch experience addons.

I've found a new plugin I want to use, and fortunately, it does have mySQL database support, so we wouldn't have to store it's data locally. There is a downside, however, in that it does not give players new ranks based on levels, so for Member and Master we would have to find a way to promote them based on time (most likely add utime back and find a utime based auto-promote system - which would also apply to Regular).

EDIT: One thing I forgot to add is that the new XP system has a leaderboard section for the top 20 people, which is built in to it's own UI panel. The panel will be openable by pressing F6. Someone please just beat Lycan.

I know this is a very sudden change, and I'm sure many players will still be confused about what's going on when the old experience system is gone. For those of you that view this, please try to explain the situation to the players who are confused.

I'm not sure exactly when I'll be making the swap, but it will most likely be sometime today (9/25/17).

Yours truly,

Dinkledad
Will applying for Staff Ranks be on hiatus because of the reset?

Gametracker is still not viable to use since we've been resetting and Gametracker is just very shitty in general lole.
[Image: wiiu-destruction.gif][Image: wiiu-destruction.gif]
Gameteacker still shows your time played so we can still rely on that. As for the exp system not promoting people, i feel like the one we have oon dark to that is time bases works well enough. 25 for member. 50 for master, 100 for regular
Can Moderators and up have the permission to promote people to Member and Master if all promoting will be done manually? It will take a while for admins to promote a flood of people requesting rank changes.

Responding Lin, I use gametracker for my hours because I played before the UTime database was started. Gametracker is useful for points and hours.
@Foxka If you have special characters like my name or people like c a m o 's s p a c i n g n a m e s don't record as much accurately. And occassionally, they remove your name and it stops recording time; so in any case, it's not accurate for the most part.

But anyways, but the idea of starting over... Wait do we even start over? I mean I assume we do if we're remove the old to a new one. So all those wins...? As for the role changing, you could ask the developer to see if s/he could make a addon that can automatically run along with the leveling system to change customization role to what you like to set it up as.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.
Time has stayed, the blue meter on the top right, I still have my time. Same with Wins.
The xp bar on the top left has been removed and replaced with a smaller xp meter right above your hp and ammo count.
MUCH BETTER.
(09-25-2017, 04:42 PM)blakeman1 Wrote: Can Moderators and up have the permission to promote people to Member and Master if all promoting will be done manually? It will take a while for admins to promote a flood of people requesting rank changes.

Responding Lin, I use gametracker for my hours because I played before the UTime database was started. Gametracker is useful for points and hours.

I agree with this because some of our Admins don't really come on that much. Sometimes they never come on for like weeks.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Dink, please don't ask people to do things that are physically impossible and/or don't exist. There is no "beat Lycan"
[Image: 7onE1Qa.png]
I am t-  J - s not t - G - s and especially not the plural of tj. That would be retarded.