Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Epic suggestion thread :)
[Image: cool.png]  My suggestions for prop hunt  [Image: cool.png] 

Some of you know this already but I was a moderator on a pretty popular prop hunt server years ago so I'm bring you some suggestions that really improved a server based on experience and game play alone.

Map cool downs.

So I been playing on the server for about a month. Me and a few other people noticed that we always play the same maps so I wanted to suggest a cool down on the maps. Crash house for instance we will play the map and vote for a new one. We play that one and crash house is on the voting again and it gets chosen. I suggest that maybe once its played it goes on a cool down of 3-4 maps to avoid getting bored of the same maps being played and leaving. Still give the option to extend maps and random as well but please add a cool down to prevent repetitiveness 

Map Wait

At the beginning of each map make a 30sec-1min wait period to allow players to join instead of making the first round only for waiting for people, to me I noticed some players get bored waiting for the next round while watching one hunter and one prop play. From experience on the server its caused some people to yell in to their mic and or ghost because they want that first round to end because its boring. Not to mention it waste a whole round on a map that everyone voted for. 

Taunts 

I love the fact that I can open a menu and choose the taunt I want. But sometimes I wish it could be random where I could just press a button and boom one plays without me having to choose 

I also feel some new custom taunts should be added as there isn't to many on there. 

There is also a glitch that happens when you press f3 both the shop and the taunt menu come up which creates a lot of errors for me and possibly for other people so my suggestion for that is have f3 for random taunt and f4 for shop and c for taunt menu that way when new players join they know the basic buttons for the server if they have played gmod prop hunt before. 

Player models 

I noticed you have only two female player models in the point shop and then the others are all premium to me as a female I would like more of an option for female player models instead of the two that's there. While you gave like 6 male ones. Maybe add a miku or Lilith from borderlands. Here are some links for ya with a reasonable file size. 
Miku                       
lilith
moon moxxi
creeper girl
Supergirl
Wonder women
poison ivy
raven
Black Canary

Thoes are some suggestions maybe add one or two of them to the regular shop and the rest to the premium shop

Permission for donors and trusteds

So I'm sure you guys noticed donors are mods when no mods are on. But we are limited to what we can do until someone who is staff is able to get on. I feel donators should be able to use !friends to gather evidence for ghosters on the server instead of having to search everyone's friends list to see who's cheating.  It is a harmless command and doesn't affect the server in any way like a ban would.

For trusted last night and a few other nights I have played and I noticed trusted are basically on the same level as a donor command wise I feel they should be able to ban maybe for like an hour or something specially if Nicky isn't able to get on to ban someone it would help the server and make it more efficient and enjoyable, Makes the game less fun when people are screaming N***** in the the mic and all we can do is mute and gag and they leave and come back if trusted could ban for an hour that will give us an hour of game play with thoes people not screaming or stressing the servers staff out until a high up can get on. 

Maps 

Add more maps to the server I'm surprised that some of these maps arent on the server that a lot of people know and love. But have two versions of the same map. Maybe remove one of the versions and replace it with a newer map. You could also get rid of some maps and put better ones on. 

Some maps maybe to get rid of because they are litterally never used or there are updated versions of it.

ph_bank: Never used
ph_villahouse: you already have the updated version on the server so there is real no need for this one. 
ph_restaurant: you have the updated version so there is no need for the original albeit some things are different in the maps they are the exact same layout 
ph_modern house:,[b]ph_house_V3:[/b]  two different maps but same qualities. No good hiding spots for props very hunter sided (which is fine cause hunting is fun.) but do we really need both of these. 
[b]ph_spooky_scary_map: [/b]I absolutely love this map but it never shows in the voting and when it does show its never chosen. to me this map is wasting space unless you can get the map cool downs on the server to give a variety in maps. 

Now some map suggestions :)

BackYard
Zombie bunker
Unbunker
Terraces

I have put alot of thought in to this post and i spent hours typing it up and finding all the links I understand if some of it doesnt get put in to the server but please try to make some of this happen :)

-shanklette
-Kitten
I totally agree with most of her points her points especially the player models she makes a lot of valid points and id like to see some of them implemented if everyone else would like it too.  one I don't really like is map cool down I think it should be a cooldown of 2 maps, not 3 or 4 but that's just my opinion id like to hear what everyone else thinks 

love - Kitten
I totally agree I haven't been around for long but everything you have mentioned is either true or extremely logical from my view as I constantly witness such things. Therefore, I hope they actually take this suggestions into thought.
Map cooldowns: I am totally agreeing with you, the only time I actually raged (on another server) really hard is when players vote for a map that's been played just before the present map. Which I stayed out of the game until a new map opens.

Though I have yet if it's possible, since I have not seen a map choosing system that does that yet.

Map Wait: I do agree, though idk if a starting timeout is possible as a player joins. As it currently acts similar to "Round Ends as players join an empty team", in which the timeout is about 1-2 seconds before the 1st round starts.

Taunts: I used to play in most servers where taunts where F3 (and inventory+shop is F4), in which this one is a custom C. So it does feel logical, and it does increase the risk. Beeing close to other hunters pressing the instant taunt button and risk being a short or long taunt.

Player Model: Since you want some player model, here's some from of my favorite games:

(Skyrim) Female Khajiit
(Warcraft) Naga Female (Just cuz of the leg... tail)
(Warcraft) Orc Female
(StarCraft) Queen of Blades

Maps: Some maps you posted that I didn't see pop up in the choices. Such as Bank (Quite a big map), and Spooky Scary. I would suggest that maybe Modern House should be put to rest... It's buggy (I can see some garage door details glitching into my screen when I look at a certain angle on the map), it even has an invisible box on top of foliage near the garage door.

Restaurant, I love both the updated version, and the classic version. It does help players vary their strategy.

omg... I played too much of Zombie Bunker to the point of hating that map... sorry been in too many servers where a lot of players chooses that map over others, which is a big reason I hated that map. No one even tried to go for new maps when ZB pops up...

Backyard is fun, but in some cases similar then ZB. But if I see a similar getup to ZB when it comes to map choosing... err...

Unbunker, there is already an unbunker in the server, but the layout of this one is completely different. I know this map very well, and not many played it, due to how there were other "classic" maps were overplayed.

I never played Terrace, so got no opinions on it.

A user suggested this map the other day so will put it here: Bikini Bottom

I got these in mind:

Volcano
White House
(someone was joking about it) Minecraft Awakened

EDIT: For some odd reason part of what I am saying ended up being blocked... but it's just about Staff System needed to be change a bit. Mainly because the Donors, and easily get into Trusted.
Completely agree, the server can get a little stale after a while.

I also wouldnt mind seeing smgs that also have grenage launchers to replace the default one.
I seriously think that she has made a very good argument pertaining to all of the points above. I notice that we play the same maps way too much and others are somewhat sub-par regarding to hiding spots on the aforementioned maps. A player model update on those terms of being female would bring about diversity when other female players join. I think it's an excellent idea to consider.
As per Donor/Staff abilities when engaged with a problem player, we should talk about the ban option. I encourage this idea 100%. I'm still getting faster at the commands to mute/gag players but the racial and derogatory remarks have to be stopped, especially ghosting and cheating. I've had dealings in which the player offending is kicked but promptly comes back to avoid gag and mute. I support the 1 hour ban proposal if we can talk about the rules of escalation leading to the ban.
The taunts are good BUT there's user friendly issues. When accessing the taunt menu, the shop opens(at least for me it does). I'm siding with shank on this one. (Personally I like Taunt 33 because it's the song of my people).

Anyways, I'm gonna stop here before this reply gets too long winded but I definitely commend ShankLette for the effort she has put in to type this all out and research the content.
Best regards,
                     Jake From State Farm
These are all interesting and good points. However, maybe we could focus on a few in matters of priorities and difficulties. For example, the player models and taunts, are relatively easy but not necessary either. The different maps, is slightly more difficult but still time consuming. Some maps come together as a group, (the most common I've seen is Chalet, and Chalet Night). Also some maps are around to support the hunters and not the props as we have maps that support the props but not the hunters (Awesome Building is a good example).

Popularity is not an issue with the server as on more than one occasion it has been full without minimal issues or close to full. I like all these points but I think we should narrow them a bit in a matter of priorities.

I know for a fact that Backyard is a good map and if we're randomly putting in requests for playermodels, I do like Vaporeon lol.

You all have a great day.

TheUltraFish
[Image: 64017c939475b62a042ca559d80eb3fc-png.jpg]

Important Memes                                                Make sure to make the day.                       
Matt is Matt
Monke Resign 
Staffing in 2021 
Fish Fun
Travis Army
The only thing trusted has more than donor currently is friends and teleport. Tmod  now has acess to up to 24 hour bans.
@"Dinkleberg >:("  just so that when he comes out of hiding he sees this
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky
(04-18-2018, 04:22 PM)[black]Tronald Wrote: The only thing trusted has more than donor currently is friends and teleport. Tmod  now has acess to up to 24 hour bans.
@"Dinkleberg >:("  just so that when he comes out of hiding he sees this

i actually sent him the link on steam
[quote="[CC]ShankLette" pid='31082' dateline='1524069150']
[Image: cool.png]  My suggestions for prop hunt  [Image: cool.png] 

holy shit, yes to everything you just said!