Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Epic suggestion thread Number 3
Information about why we did what we did for the player models.

So the server has come a long way since I joined the server. New staff, tons of new players, and tons of new donors. But we're all greedy little shits and want more right? But the only way to get more is to remove some models to make space for new stuff. Panda and I have slowly been coming up with a huge list of new player models. Panda even made a chart on excel for the player models to show their size, usage, and a small note about them. We figured if we did this, you guys could actually see the size of all the player models,the links to them and their usage on the server. Mind you not ALL player models are listed on this spread sheet, as we only put the ones that were suggested for removal.

So I want to point out that the Superhero Pack and Lucario arent on the server and they do not affect the download speed.  So if we can get all these removed, the total savings would be 41.85mb. But let's be honest; is Lara Croft really gonna be removed? Probably not. So if we remove the other ones it will give us 20.5 mbs to work with, which can be alot of new player models if we have the right size files.
  Dink and I have talked quite a bit about file sizes on player models, so I have a pretty good understanding of how big the files are allowed to be. That is why some of the suggestions by other players have immediately been rejected because the file size is to large. It was also brought to my attention that I only choose the player models that I want, which isn't the case at all. I go by file size of previous suggestions given to me in private messages. I also have other people help me who happen to be very fair and unbiased people.
  Now to address some comments in other threads about player models; "No more weeb models". When looking for a good quality player models, specially for female ones, most of them tend to be weeb ones. In my last two post they were mainly for female player diversity, however now we have added some good quality "Non-Weeb" ones.
For this post, we have a balanced selection near equal in gender and quality, and have been tested for this thread.

REMINDER THE ONES IN RED FAILED OUR TESTING 

We tested out 28 models that were suggested to us via PM's, forum demand and workshop popularity.

18 of those successfully passed testing, totalling 29MB of potential new models.

Now since with are roughly working with a 20MB of models being removed we are trimming the fat of 9 MB.

Based on popularity and model quality, we are looking to cut the following 4 to get to the 20MB limit:

Eeveelutions - Due to model count
Bigsby Wolf - Due to size
Spyro - Due to popularity
Lilith - Due to size

THIS DOES NOT MEAN THEY ARE GONE.

It simply means that if we can't free up more space, or unless Dink wants to add more MB to the servers download, 
we will sacrifice these four to make room for the remaining 14.

(mind you not all of these will be added and they wont all be added at once either. )

Here is the link for the spread sheet which has all the links you need to look at each player model. 

How to vote for these player models. 

Because it's such a massive vote, a poll will not work as well as it has in the past. So we want all of you to list your favorite, to your least favorite models with 1 being my favorite and 10 being my least favorite. I will show you an example:

This also reflects my vote for these player models.

Added

1. Blake
2. Compa
3. Kemomo
4. Chole
5. Alice
6. Rick
7. Mr. Meeseeks
8. Morty
9. Groot
10. Master Cheif 

Remove

1. Lara Croft
2. Chewie/han
3. Catwomen
4. Dews/doritos
5. Princess Peach
6. Arnold
7. indiana jones
8. Santa
9. Predator

This example is again my vote. This is how i would like you guys to vote. That way it avoids any type of abuse and spam, thus all models and players can have a fair chance.

June 22nd at 11pm EST the votes will be talied and the thread will be closed. 

A very special thanks to these players for the help, support, and testing for this thread.
Panda
Bina
Trash
Thunder rust
Traitor
Dink
[To add]

1. Groot
2. Spyro
3. Rick
4. Chloe
5. Morty
6. Alice
7. Blake
8. Ahri
9. Compa
10. Lilith
 A S T H E T I
1)CHLOE. God please.
2) Rick
3) Morty
4) Kememo
5) Groot
6) Eeveelutions
7) Ahri
8) Spyro
9) Master Chief
10) Lilith

As far as removal:
Santa
Predator
Arnold
How about that skeleton one?
1.Kemono
2.Blake
3.Rick
4.Groot
5.Alice
6.Chloe
7.Ahri
8.Master Chief
9.Chompa
10.Lilith

As for removal i've no clue so do as you will
                        ~Squeaks Heart
1. Kemomo
2. Alice
3. Chloe
4. Lie Ren
5. Blake
6. Lilith
7. Rick
8. Groot
9. Master Chief
10. Spyro

Removal Preferences:
Princess Peach
Santa
Arnold
Indiana Jones
~BinaBitz
To add:
1. Rick
2. Kemomo
3. Groot
4. Chloe
5. Cyanide and Happiness
6. Alice
7. Master Chief
8. Compa
9. Lilith
10. Ren

To remove:
1. Chewie and Han (To be replaced by a smaller Chewie)
2. Santa
3. Lara Croft (Just because of the size)
4. Princess Peach
5. Arnold
6. Indiana Jones
7. Predator
Remove:
1. Lara Croft
2. Chewie/han
3. Princess Peach
4. Predator
5. Dews/Dorritos
6. Santa
Add:
1. Groot
2. Chewie
3. Ahri
4. Master Chief
5. Rick
6. Kemomo
Edit: I also pinned this to the important threads!
[Image: giphy.gif]
[Add]
1.  Alice
2. Chloe
3. Rick
4. Groot
5. Kemomo
(Others i dont mind)

[To remove]
1. Santa
2. Chewie and Han
(Others I do not mind. As long as left shark isn't removed I'm chill. )

~ Sincerely Trash 
Added
1.Spyro
2.Alice
3.Master Chef
4.Rick
5.Morty
6.Lilith
7.Kemomo
8.Chloe
9.Mr. Meeseks
10.Big bad wolf
I saw that their was still more male skins getting added to the server. We don't have a lot of female skins and some of the female skins are getting removed. So I'm kinda in the middle on the removal choices and the new skins getting added.
[Image: giphy.gif]