Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything wrong with PH and why its dying
Hi
Before you see the word "Ever since starky became co owner", dont throw a fucking testicle tornado until you read the entire thing.
As an admin trying despirately to bring prophunt back to some kind of glory, I have had little sucess. Here I will explain why prophunt is declining and has been declining for about 2 months.

Staff

Ever since starky became co owner, the server lost its grip on staff. The staff proceded to treat the server like a daycare, a welcoming place for kids to be noobs at the game. Nobody ever wants a playerbase like that, so all the mature and good players left. Once I got admin I used all my power to correct the downward spiral of the server, but the staff was still treating it like a daycare. More mature players left, and more kids came. Nowadays I see very little members or masters on. We have no active regulars.

Now, im not blaming all staff here. More mature and strict staff are not at fault, but Starky has raised a generation of daycare runners for a few of the staff. Before you go saying "omfg ur disagreeing with the co owner permaban" he has appologized for these actions. This is a reminder of the cause and effect of the server under a poor staff system and I am currently doing everything in my power to bring the server to glory.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
I think it has less to do with staff and more to do with the fact that prophunt is a shitty game.

(^:
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
What's wrong with having children and new players as a player base?
Dont look so blue
(04-02-2017, 11:38 AM)❤ Miss Mari â¤ Wrote: What's wrong with having children and new players as a player base?

It drives away player diversity. No new players come exept for 5 year olds, which means everyone acts exactly the same nooby way.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
I mean, you could always lie like my old TTT server with the tagline "FRIENDLY TO NEW PLAYERS" and permaban on one blatant RDM/RDM and leaf but for the prophunt equivalent offenses.
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
The issue here is you're trying to glorify and propel forward a mature community within Garry's Mod, on a game mode on a decline currently. Right now I'd say RP and TTT are in their primes. Prop hunt attracted younger audiences from the gate. Youtube is flooded with Prop Hunt videos targeted at the younger audiences. Currently, the average GMOD player is much younger than a CSGO/Battlefield player. GMOD is silly, and therefore attracts more of an immature audience.
It's not you, or staff, it's interest.
Games with mods are over saturated with prophunt game modes. COD now has servers everywhere with it, and now is supported as an official gamemode in MWR. It's player interest.
Right now if the server wants to stay afloat we need to cater to everyone.

GMOD isn't the game to ask for an "Age Gate", far too many mixed ages ranging from 10-30.
[Image: 76561198056585087.png]

(04-02-2017, 12:02 PM)ProReborn Wrote: The issue here is you're trying to glorify and propel forward a mature community within Garry's Mod, on a game mode on a decline currently. Right now I'd say RP and TTT are in their primes. Prop hunt attracted younger audiences from the gate. Youtube is flooded with Prop Hunt videos targeted at the younger audiences. Currently, the average GMOD player is much younger than a CSGO/Battlefield player. GMOD is silly, and therefore attracts more of an immature audience.
It's not you, or staff, it's interest.
Games with mods are over saturated with prophunt game modes. COD now has servers everywhere with it, and now is supported as an official gamemode in MWR. It's player interest.
Right now if the server wants to stay afloat we need to cater to everyone.

GMOD isn't the game to ask for an "Age Gate", far too many mixed ages ranging from 10-30.

I understand where you are coming from, but im not asking for a strict age gate. Right now we are in a positive feedback loop, where lack of staff control means that noobier and more nieve people have control. This drives others away, killing player diversity. PH has always had kids, but the lack of control of these kids has killed the other people who play.
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
I don't understand the point of this thread, you blame Starky, you say the staff need more control, but are you trying to get them under control? As an Admin you are one of the most influential ranks on the server, if they don't listen then deal with them. It can't be all Starky's fault. Lets be honest here, I've seen how you conduct yourself on the TTT server and forums, don't think you're the knight in shining armor that PH needs.
Admins need to be pillars of the community. They must be mature, level-headed, and not abuse their powers. You say Starky is a bad co-owner. I've had no notable experiences with him, so I can't speak to his character. However, I've interacted with you and I can certainly say you've not lived up to the qualities sought of an Admin in any community. You abuse your powers on the forums by unlocking threads in the TTT section, contributing your two cents when they are neither asked for nor relevant, and then locking the threads again. How immature are you that you think this behavior is ok? How many times have the TTT Admins told you not to do so? Starky's not without his faults, certainly, but you can't expect us to treat you like an adult when you've continually acted like a child with the power you currently have.
have you tried working with the man? , also how do you expect it not to be run like a daycare? the game is for children it's fucking hide and seek with guns.  " I've seen how you conduct yourself on the TTT server and forums, don't think you're the knight in shining armor that PH needs.
"   I agree with scoovie,  From my time playing with you and seeing how you act on the forums you act like a child instead of doing something you sit here on the forums crying about how bad PH is do something about it you're the admin.
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam