Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything wrong with PH and why its dying
(04-02-2017, 12:31 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(04-02-2017, 12:02 PM)ProReborn Wrote: The issue here is you're trying to glorify and propel forward a mature community within Garry's Mod, on a game mode on a decline currently. Right now I'd say RP and TTT are in their primes. Prop hunt attracted younger audiences from the gate. Youtube is flooded with Prop Hunt videos targeted at the younger audiences. Currently, the average GMOD player is much younger than a CSGO/Battlefield player. GMOD is silly, and therefore attracts more of an immature audience.
It's not you, or staff, it's interest.
Games with mods are over saturated with prophunt game modes. COD now has servers everywhere with it, and now is supported as an official gamemode in MWR. It's player interest.
Right now if the server wants to stay afloat we need to cater to everyone.

GMOD isn't the game to ask for an "Age Gate", far too many mixed ages ranging from 10-30.

I understand where you are coming from, but im not asking for a strict age gate. Right now we are in a positive feedback loop, where lack of staff control means that noobier and more nieve people have control. This drives others away, killing player diversity. PH has always had kids, but the lack of control of these kids has killed the other people who play.
You do realize that you are a part of the immature group right? Like Fozzy said, I have seen you on the TTT server and how you conduct yourself not only as an admin of PH but as a staff memeber of the community. It's disgraceful what you do on TTT on a regular basis, you even go as far as to get gagged and muted for mic spam (another hint at the childishness) and usually break rules on the get-go.
*unsheathes zingers*
*teleports into ur thread*
heh... nothin personnel... russ...
Why is TTT even involved in this?
Anyway, I will state again.
Starky has already taken blame and apologized for it, I am merely restating the past for informative purposes.
As for me being immature, I can abide with that claim, but I keep to my promises to help maintain the server, even if my actions dont represent it well.
I dont know why this spiraled into drama the way it did. Its supposed to tell regular players of prophunt the cause and effect of a mistake by upper staff that has been apoligized for and corrected.
This is not supposed to be a shitshow.
(04-02-2017, 10:15 AM)????????? Wrote: I think it has less to do with staff and more to do with the fact that prophunt is a shitty game.

(^:
finally a correct answer  ;)
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=18294926]
So I check the forums ever so often, and I stumbled upon this.

Russ bb, the sooner we stop blaming the downfall on starky the better :)

For the decline in people recurring, I noticed that when I came back. I left once again due to the atmosphere that the game had become.
Russ you can scare people away. You kind of scared me away. Most of the members and active players that I befriended left due to it, in my absence. Many of the people who replaced those who were around during my active period, are not very fun or entirely pleasant to be around or to play with. I revisited the forums in hopes that you would grow past this. I do understand that my word isn't of much value as of this moment, but sometimes you forget that this is a game. A game that is mainly for immature children who want to have fun. I will continue to pop into the server every once in a while to release my inner child and have fun.
 I hope you will be able to have fun  Heart

Life's too short to stress about a garry's mod server
[Image: Disney-Princess-Gifs-Princess-Moana-disn...70-365.gif]
(04-03-2017, 11:34 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Why is TTT even involved in this?

We at Dinkleberg's TTT enjoy dipping our giant, pulsating cocks into prophunt's business. If are unsatisfied with this experience, please contact the owner @Mr_Rippe with your concerns. 

Best regards,

@Polo
[Image: c9adb707fb.png]
[Image: 95257fa8be.png]
There are a shit ton of prophunt servers and if your server doesnt have something the others dont its really hard to gain an audience. And I agree with your point on the staff treating the server poorly, thats a great way of having people never coming back. The staff should always be nice and respectful and harbor good times!
The fact this post was even made or thought to be informitive hurts my soul. Here it is 3 months later and still on the same bullshit.. Take advice from the people who give it @RussEfarmer. Dont result to calling them names and going overboard because they put their opinion where its needed. As this is a open post to all people on the forums they are fully allowed to say their opinions without criticism since this isn't a shit post. People look up to you. When people give you advice take it. I agree with what both Scoovie and Rippe said. The name calling wasn't really needed as well. Good luck.