Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Everything wrong with PH and why its dying
Holy shit you people
This is a thread explaining the decline of prophunt lately.
Starky is mainly to blame, but he has apologized formally and corrected these actions.
(04-02-2017, 07:14 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: contributing your two cents when they are neither asked for nor relevant

So we have always encouraged community input, but now you are shunning my for just that?
k
No he is "shunning" you because you unlock threads you have no business unlocking, then you leave them unlocked.
(04-02-2017, 08:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Holy shit you people
This is a thread explaining the decline of prophunt lately.
Starky is mainly to blame, but he has apologized formally and corrected these actions.
(04-02-2017, 07:14 PM)Mr_Rippe Wrote: contributing your two cents when they are neither asked for nor relevant

So we have always encouraged community input, but now you are shunning my for just that?
k

Don't cut out what he said and try to make it look like Rippe's trying to shun you for nothing lol.
" You abuse your powers on the forums by unlocking threads in the TTT section, contributing your two cents when they are neither asked for nor relevant, and then locking the threads again."
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Honestly, PH is a gamemode on it's deathbed, just like 95% of Gmod. The only things keeping Gmod alive are TTT and RP, but even those are continuing to decline as Gmod gets older. We have seen the glory days of all the gamemodes come and go, and we just have to accept the fact that as everyone and the game get older, people are gonna leave the game, for better or worse. It does not change how the game is played, or the original purpose of the game, just the fun we have as a community, and I believe that is what PH is missing. A community. PH has a negligible community. I think if you are able to build up a community from the ground, even including the noobs that get on, you will see more success on your server, because as they age, they will continue to mature and play on your server, bringing in more mature players as you go, creating a new spiral, this time upwards, that could potentially benefit the server big time
[Image: hwGcTcu.png]

I have several things wrong with your comments here.

1. It's spelled "space".
  2. The thread wasn't informative. "Informative" implies information was given. None was.
  3. I'm the Prince With A Thousand Enemies. At least get my title right if you're going to call me names.
  4. I didn't "shit on you" in my original post. I provided feedback for you to work on if you wanted to improve as an Admin. An example of me shitting on you would be saying that you're an embarrassment to your community with your continued petty behavior, childish insults, and failure to see that you are not the savior of this server until you grow up. Note how I didn't say anything along those lines, yet you still responded in a hostile fashion.
  5. Quoting people out of context, especially when the context is readily available for everyone to see, makes your argument seem weak.
  6. Know who else has the ability to comment on locked threads? Me. Know who has never commented on a thread after it has been locked? Me. Know who hasn't abused their powers on the forums, especially when it comes to the TTT side of the greater Dinkleberg community? Me.
  7. I'm not discouraging your feedback. I'm chastising you for unlocking threads to provide commentary after it's been made clear that further commentary is neither requested nor appropriate.
  8. There are two people who run Prop Hunt. I don't see you stepping up to make things better. Perhaps you're also contributing to the "decline of the server" and are using Starky as a Scapegoat?
Stop blaming Starky for everything, seriously, everytime you rant about the flaws of prophunt it has something to do with Starky, you act like you've never done anything wrong.
Dont look so blue
(04-02-2017, 08:18 PM)RussEfarmer Wrote: Starky is mainly to blame, but he has apologized formally and corrected these actions.
If he corrected those actions why is he still being blamed?
    xoxo       Twitter         Youtube           Steam
Alright, lets go.

Before I left, ph was a wreck. Everyone was turning on each other and it was just a mess. That being one of the reasons I left. Things were going great in the beginning, but not everything lasts. I leave, come back and it's just as bad as when I left, if not worse. Most of the staff I remember either left, got banned or just disappeared. I was glad to know that there were still a few from the old days and even knew ones. However, the knew people took things more seriously than before. Ph used to be loads of fun. But when I first came back, everything was serious and just not fun. I don't have a right to blame anyone as I wasn't here for any of it. I've heard many different stories about who's to blame, why it ended up this way and what happened while I was gone. Truthfully, I don't know who to believe anymore at this point. No one communicates properly. Staff size has decreased substantially since I returned. And even while I've been back people have quit/disappeared. People's outlook on the gamemode will change. All we can do is try and make it as friendly and fun as we can. (May have gotten off topic but oh well. Have my opinion/thoughts/feelings/whatever.)

Bman is right. Things and people change. 

Quote:We have seen the glory days of all the gamemodes come and go, and we just have to accept the fact that as everyone and the game get older, people are gonna leave the game, for better or worse.

But @RussEfarmer, you may be the only Admin, but you aren't the only Staff who wants to "bring prophunt back to some kind of glory". I still care and love the server like a family. Yes, I left. But that doesn't mean I didn't care for the server. I always will. However, I won't sit there and blame anyone for anything. Even if I was here for all of it, I'm sure everyone, including me, would've been at fault. I do understand your concern and whatnot, but you get overzealous when trying to get a point across. Like compiling that list and waiting for the right time? Come on. Enough is enough. As I stated before, no one communicates. We used to chat together all the time. Even play games. Yes, I know most of the staff from before aren't around, but that doesn't mean we can't do that with anyone else. Anyways, before I get ahead of myself, I'll just cut myself off here.
[Image: giphy.gif]
PH Trusted & Murder Mod
--
Fozzy is gay
--
Loocan & Burrio are my bbies
(04-02-2017, 07:17 PM)Fozzy Wrote: have you tried working with the man? , also how do you expect it not to be run like a daycare? the game is for children it's fucking hide and seek with guns.  " I've seen how you conduct yourself on the TTT server and forums, don't think you're the knight in shining armor that PH needs.
"   I agree with scoovie,  From my time playing with you and seeing how you act on the forums you act like a child instead of doing something you sit here on the forums crying about how bad PH is do something about it you're the admin.

First things first, Russ is just trying to clear things up. Yes this game has a lot of kids playing it. When it comes to gaming there will always be younger kids playing. Now I'm not saying we should put an age cap on the server but that doesn't mean we can't at least control the amount of younger people on the server. In my eyes if they follow the rules, act mature, and make positive contributions to the server they should be able to stay. However, we all know there will be those few kids who just mess things up completely. So when those kids get on to the server, they should get the same treatment for their actions in that If they break the rules once they will have some kind of warning. If they break the rules again ban them for like 10-15 min and if they continue to break the rules then just ban them from the server completely along with an explanation saying why they were banned. Lastly, Russ is not trying to act like a night in shining armor. He just wants the server to run as smoothly as possible and have it be a fun experience. We all have our flaws but it'll only make things worse if we criticize each other for those flaws. Instead we should be working together as a community to help each other control our flaws or even help them disappear. We are a community....actually just like a family. We willl have our disagreements and fight but in the end we need to help each other make this server better!
^^^^^^
This was an informative thread to the main causes of the decline to prophunt.
Is starky ALL to blame, no.
Has starky apologized for and corrected his parts of the blame, yes.
Fuher Rippe just HAD to read this out of context and start a hissy fit about it.
I wrote this to inform regular players of the PH community the cause and aftermath of some mistakes.
Please untwist your tit and not start drama, even if im not the best admin.