EyeSpyU's Unban Request
Procedure
Use the provided format and make a new thread with it in this subforum. The staff and any relevant players will post regarding whether they believe you should be unbanned and why. Upper staff will then discuss a potential unban or decrease in ban length.  The staff will then make a summarizing post, and lock the thread.

Format
Use the format below when applying for an unban. Fill all fields to the best of your ability.

[Image: unknown.png]
Ingame Name: EyeSpyU

SteamID: STEAM_0:1:97928461

Who Banned You: Derp

Reason For Ban: Mass RDM

Length of Ban: Permanent 

Reason for Mods to Unban: Killed 3 innocents. Two of which reported me and the third didn't report me as it was seemingly justified between the two of us. I never got to respond to reports as I was banned before the round was over.

Have you been banned before (Link relevant threads): Nope. I had the "Member" role and was starting to make friends. I was looking forward to playing more on the server and I had read the rules many times.

Other: I was playing as Detective on the canyon map on the server. As a Detective I purchased a "Portable Tester." I went around the map, demanding that people "Test or KOS." I stated their names, said "Test or KOS", and counted down from 5 seconds loudly and clearly. I'd like to note that the server was busy and voice chat was "chaotic" but regardless the people I demanded to test heard me anyway, one of them clearly refusing me in Voice Chat and running in the opposite direction of the tester. "Not being able to hear me" is a lame excuse and is certainly false.

The first "Test or KOS" was not successful since I was refused and as a result I KOSed and shot the person running. I don't remember their name. I followed the Test or KOS rule to the letter. I named the individual, told them they have 5 seconds, and presented the tester to the person demanding that they "Test or KOS." Second time around, I demanded that the person "Test or KOS" and I followed the rule to the letter once again. I was nearly done counting down when a fellow Detective started shooting at the person I demanded to test and one other for using props to block and supposedly damage the detective. I assisted the Detective in killing the person that I demanded to test but I ultimately got the killshot despite me not firing on him anyway. Regardless, the individual ran out of time to test. Those two individuals reported me, despite my right to demand a "Test or KOS" from them. 

The third innocent I had tracked down from DNA from a body. I killed the person but he ended up being innocent. I was still in the midst of figuring out the confusion when I was banned. This individual did not report me. I had only a total of two reports. Derp did not allow me to respond to these reports nor did he/she ask an explanation of these accusations at all. I was quickly and swiftly banned.

The T I killed I believe was just in an engagement earlier in the round. He shot me first on the staircase and me and my detective buddy quickly disposed of him. He did not report me either considering he shot first. All in all, every single kill I made was completely justified. 

Even if I cannot prove that my Test or KOS kills were rightful, that was only 2 kills and does not fall under the "Mass RDM" rule. If there should be punishment at all (and there shouldn't), I request that I be slayed for two rounds instead of the completely unwarranted permanent ban. The T and third innocent kill were both justified and neither had reported me. Derp was completely irresponsible in his/her handling of the case and did not allow for me to respond to the two reports I've received. This all happened so quickly. I sincerely hope that higher up powers can assess the situation and do what's right here. I was excited to join another TTT community ever since the last one I was in had shut down two years ago and I sincerely hope that faulty moderating doesn't stop that from happening.

Please consider my appeal.

It's Me
[Image: 76561198156122651.png]
Here are the logs I have:
[Image: mqpKlap.jpg]
[Image: LkDbYkt.jpg][Image: xJ0qmJ8.jpg]

My steam unfortunately didn't save the screenshots of reports so Ill hand this over to @"Derp" as he was the one to make the ban
If he called test or kos why was he banned?
(03-19-2019, 07:07 PM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote: Here are the logs I have:
[Image: mqpKlap.jpg]
[Image: LkDbYkt.jpg][Image: xJ0qmJ8.jpg]

To provide some context to the logs: 

This shows that I collected La Croix's DNA from the body of Fieryhunter and then tracked him down and killed him. I'm still confused on what happened there since he was innocent but this ultimately proves my recollection on the killing of the third innocent.

oldalot and Ville were the two innocents I told to Test or KOS. oldalot was shot first by "Jim" the detective which proves my recollections as well. I killed oldalot after he ran out of time and assisted Jim in killing him. Ville I shot and killed since he ran. 

The T (Dr_JD) missed his shotgun shot on both jim and I. Jim engaged first, as the log shows, and I engaged right after.

These logs ultimately support my case.

(03-19-2019, 07:11 PM)nopleez Wrote: If he called test or kos, why was he banned?

I was never given a chance to argue for my side or respond to the reports.. The people who reported me (only two) obviously did not understand the rules of the server.

It's Me
[Image: 76561198156122651.png]
(03-19-2019, 07:12 PM)EyeSpyU Wrote:
(03-19-2019, 07:11 PM)nopleez Wrote: If he called test or kos, why was he banned?

I was never given a chance to argue for my side or respond to the reports.. The people who reported me (only two) obviously did not understand the rules of the server.

Even if the players don't understand the rules, the staff should understand what happened. I'd like to hear Derp's side of this.
(03-19-2019, 07:11 PM)nopleez Wrote: If he called test or kos why was he banned?

Like I said, as I am not the one who did the ban we will have to wait for derp
okkay
First of all, you say you had called a test or KOS in VC. The server was EXTREMELY loud. I did not hear you, nor did anyone I was in discord with. For a test or KOS to be valid, they need to be able to hear or see that you are doing it. When the server is this loud it is best to use text chat. Because I did not hear you, I saw that 2 of the 4 people you killed reported you and I looked in logs (that I have if needed) and saw that at least 3 people did nothing before being killed. Additionally, non of the times in which you killed innocents was another detective shooting at you. When a mass RDM happen, we normally don't wait until people report the mass RDMer and ban on site then collect evidence from logs.
I have heard from another staff member (They may speak up if they haven't already by the time I post this) you targeted them and harassed them in admin chat. They also said that you were complaining about innos camping (which is fine for innos to do). The staff member in question was very annoyed about this to say the least. This may be unrelated to this "Mass RDM" incident but is relevant to an unban request.
Overall I give you a +0 since I don't care either way but if information comes up I may sway either way.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
In my mind anyone who includes the unban request procedure in their unban request should be automatically denied.
(03-19-2019, 07:21 PM)Derp Wrote: When a mass RDM happen, we normally don't wait until people report the mass RDMer and ban on site then collect evidence from logs.

How is this true? If the round starts and a guest headshots 3 people within 5 seconds, then maybe I would ban on sight. I can very clearly see they have no intention on even playing the round. But EyeSpyU's kills were spaced out and well within a minute into the round. Plus even if the server was loud, you could see EyeSpyU communicating in voice chat and actually giving a shit about the game.
(03-19-2019, 07:21 PM)Derp Wrote:  When a mass RDM happen, we normally don't wait until people report the mass RDMer and ban on site then collect evidence from logs.

What if a player has a reason to kill 3+ people? Shouldn't you wait for responses?