Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
False kos through kick message
Offender's Name: @Mallakk 

Offender's SteamID: STEAM_0:0:58849867

Offender's Rank: Tmod

What They Did: Kicked them self through chat and called a false KOS with kick message leading to me being shot by someone and killed after protecting myself.

When They Did It: Around 7 pm january 14th 2018

Potential Witnesses: @DaKody @Hawkz @Deadpool @Turner 

Proof: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1269977943
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/fi...1269977815

Other: ¯\_( ͠° ͟ʖ °͠ )_/¯ This really wouldn't have happened, but he put this is real in the kick message.
1. I was alive and a T so i decided i was false kos you because i was a T. the outcome would have been the same if I had type kos squishy then just left or kicked myself after.
2. its a false kos if anything thats a slay no need for a thread but again look at point 1.
I don’t that’s how that works. Presumably you were dead when you kicked yourself, meaning that you called that “false KOS” while you were dead. It’s not really ghosting, but it is a really stupid thing to do.

EDIT: It looks like you kicked yourself while you were alive. Not sure why you would do that. Just type the message then kick yourself? Still an unnecessary thing to do.
(01-14-2018, 08:15 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I don’t that’s how that works. Presumably you were dead when you kicked yourself, meaning that you called that “false KOS” while you were dead. It’s not really ghosting, but it is a really stupid thing to do.

No i was alive it was very start of round.
(01-14-2018, 08:15 PM)Mallakk Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:15 PM)EpicGuy Wrote: I don’t that’s how that works. Presumably you were dead when you kicked yourself, meaning that you called that “false KOS” while you were dead. It’s not really ghosting, but it is a really stupid thing to do.

If you would done it in chat instead of through kick message I would have been 100% okay with it, but because you used your powers to do it I am not.
(01-14-2018, 08:18 PM)Squishy Wrote:
(01-14-2018, 08:15 PM)Mallakk Wrote:

If you would done it in chat instead of through kick message I would have been 100% okay with it, but because you used your powers to do it I am not.

I didn't see a difference in it, the only thing that changed is it said i kicked myself and the text was green, if you want to try to pull anything you could say it made it more visible but thats still less visible than me just spamming my kos bind on you 3 times or so. If anything it would have made you less likely to die to it because most people would assume it was a joke. You can even see that by spooky saying kos squishy is chat with a question mark cus he wasn't sure if it was real.
If you kick yourself your body doesn't drop dead, it just disappears, so you couldn't id the body to find out if they're a T or innocent so there's no way besides tester (which with a kos probably would not be easy to get to) to know if the KOS was legit or not

Just a thought
(01-14-2018, 08:26 PM)Bengal Named Cat Wrote: If you kick yourself your body doesn't drop dead, it just disappears, so you couldn't id the body to find out if they're a T or innocent so there's no way besides tester (which with a kos probably would not be easy to get to) to know if the KOS was legit or not

Just a thought

This is true but also i kosd him first and since everything always says you have to follow the person who kosd first that wouldn't have mattered since you would have to kill him before you killed me. this also wouldn't have changed if i had kos'd him normally through chat then just left since my body again would have disappeared, even if i didnt use the kick command this again would be the same case.
But if you were to die before he was killed (accidental, someone killed you after you shot, dna, whatever it is) they would have a body to id and find out you were a T making the kos fake. The best thing to would not to be kos if you're just gonna leave, and deffo dont use kick to do it
(01-14-2018, 08:29 PM)Bengal Named Cat Wrote: But if you were to die before he was killed (accidental, someone killed you after you shot, dna, whatever it is) they would have a body to id and find out you were a T making the kos fake. The best thing to would not  to be kos if you're just gonna leave, and deffo dont use kick to do it

You completely missed the point of what I said. First if i want to false kos someone as a T then type quit in console thats 100% perfectly fine. second there would be no chance for me to be killed because i was quiting right then and i just picked the person infront of me to kos.