Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
False kos through kick message
I guess the point is you combined the message with the kick, making it truly instant. If you did what you said above theres a (pretty decent imo) chance they could of turned/seen you, killed you, and then id'd the body. But with the kick you made it impossible
(01-14-2018, 08:47 PM)Bengal Named Cat Wrote: I guess the point is you combined the message with the kick, making it truly instant. If you did what you said above theres a (pretty decent imo) chance they could of turned/seen you, killed you, and then id'd the body. But with the kick you made it impossible

it takes no more than one second to type quit in console.
Takes 1 Click and press on the keyboard to kill and id --_( . _ . )_--

Edit: My point is that they're both 2 really quick actions, and there's a chance he could of cleared his name by killing you had you not kicked yourself with staff commands instantly instead of leaving the normal way but that chance was made 0
my question is why do people even kick themselves? cus you could just say in chat "im leaving bye" and disconnect?
[img][Image: qybUJGf.gif][/img]
Player who followed the KOS should be slain. Kick Messages, CSay's,etc should not be used to follow a KOS.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
demote this guy tbh
As far as I am concerned, this is an obvious abuse of power. You know what you are doing if you take the time to type it out.
@Mallakk explain why you did this?
(01-14-2018, 11:25 PM)Christian Wrote: Player who followed the KOS should be slain. Kick Messages, CSay's,etc should not be used to follow a KOS.

Half agree half disagree. It shouldn't be done, but how would newer players (and some older too) know that it's a false way to kos? He used it intending to call a kos, and with the different colored text it really stands out so it isn't easily missed. If I were a new player I would likely still follow it. If it is not supposed to be done and he does it then it's an abuse of powers.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-14-2018, 11:25 PM)Christian Wrote: Player who followed the KOS should be slain. Kick Messages, CSay's,etc should not be used to follow a KOS.

Technically: Kick Messages, CSay's,etc should not be used to issue a KOS.
That's a pretty unnecessary way to KOS somebody. If you wanted to KOS him and leave then just use the chat and then leave. The !kick ^ "text" is intended to kick people who are behaving maliciously with the "text" providing a reason for the kick or a message to the player.

I don't see this as violating any rule but using that to inform the server of a KOS against someone is just like why would you do that? Takes the attention of the entire server when a kick message is displayed, I enjoy playing with you Mallakk but it just seems un-staff like to do something like that.
[Image: giphy.gif] [Image: pqb6IoJ.png]

"None of your business, Odd Fellow."
- Scoovie

Fellow donors - feel free to use any of my queues
https://scareshot.weebly.com