Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fov Slider
We should add a "weapon" Fov Slider because the default max fov is dog shit.
[Image: IMG_1792.png?ex=65dbf028&is=65c97b28&hm=...height=620]
+1 i like the idea of being able to see more
[Image: J6yUs0g]
Let me rephrase my statement
crosshair changer with this too pls

if there's anything good that yall wanna add to this shitty server it's these two things
A weapon in Garry's Mod follows the SWEP Structure, which is stored in a file called shared.lua. This file gives information about the single weapon it's attributed to. I'm not exactly sure how restrictive a shared lua file is on changing things clientside, but in order to change the viewmodel for every weapon, you would need to have a way to change the SWEP.ViewModelFOV variable in a lua file for every weapon on the server. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Having a set FOV defined by a slider for every weapon wouldn't be too good anyway, since not all viewmodels are created equal. One weapon could have a viewmodel made to look good at 90, while a lot of other weapons wouldn't look good at all on 90.

If anyone is curious, I've included the default lua file for the Raging Bull in case you want to see what it looks like.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-28-2019, 12:21 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: A weapon in Garry's Mod follows the SWEP Structure, which is stored in a file called shared.lua. This file gives information about the single weapon it's attributed to. I'm not exactly sure how restrictive a shared lua file is on changing things clientside, but in order to change the viewmodel for every weapon, you would need to have a way to change the SWEP.ViewModelFOV variable in a lua file for every weapon on the server. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding.

Having a set FOV defined by a slider for every weapon wouldn't be too good anyway, since not all viewmodels are created equal. One weapon could have a viewmodel made to look good at 90, while a lot of other weapons wouldn't look good at all on 90.

If anyone is curious, I've included the default lua file for the Raging Bull in case you want to see what it looks like.

if you go on serious TTT they have it set up to where you can either change the view model of specific guns or you can check a box to override it and apply to every gun sooo basically if we were to get the one that serious TTT has... It would be up to the player to change it how they want
(12-28-2019, 01:31 AM)Ace1579 Wrote:
(12-28-2019, 12:21 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote: A weapon in Garry's Mod follows the SWEP Structure, which is stored in a file called shared.lua. This file gives information about the single weapon it's attributed to. I'm not exactly sure how restrictive a shared lua file is on changing things clientside, but in order to change the viewmodel for every weapon, you would need to have a way to change the SWEP.ViewModelFOV variable in a lua file for every weapon on the server. I might be wrong, but that's my understanding.

if you go on serious TTT they have it set up to where you can either change the view model of specific guns or you can check a box to override it and apply to every gun sooo basically if we were to get the one that serious TTT has... It would be up to the player to change it how they want

Serious TTT's one is custom coded
(12-28-2019, 01:31 AM)Ace1579 Wrote: if you go on serious TTT they have it set up to where you can either change the view model of specific guns or you can check a box to override it and apply to every gun sooo basically if we were to get the one that serious TTT has... It would be up to the player to change it how they want

Chances are they have an actual lua programmer, we're just a bunch of hobbyists/script kiddies. I'd gamble a good 90% of gmod servers have not one hand written line of lua sitting in their addon folder.

If we did have someone that knew how to write gmod lua proper, this task would most likely be no sweat if serious was able to do it.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide