Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Foxka Misuse of Power
The thing that worries me here is that Ted was arguably handed a more severe punishment for something that Foxka had no business in dealing with. Matt had already done his job, so nothing more should have been done unless this kind of behavior continued, which it didn't.
Staff are present and active in discord, attempt to reach them first should have been made.
The punishment dealt was improper, another should have taken its place such as a mute/etc just as Nopleez earned.
Maybe they use the all time known policies of: "We like you, do whatever the fuck you want and we're gonna ignore it, but that Ted man. He slips up once he's fucking dead, I swear to god. Foxka is also a man we like so if he abuses his powers we're gonna ignore it fully because we like him. Even though his reasoning was less reasonable then a cornered SJW."

Or this is a bump to keep it more relevant to the twats that are trying to shove this under the carpet.
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Need to sit down long enough to explain some things here, but I do intend to respon when I have the time.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Maybe this address all above concerns without being too long idk
For starters, we are assuming that the TTT rules of escalation on gags apply to this situation, as that is what I follow (and foxka as prev staff) and use since there isn’t a specific outline, to my discretion.
A lot of trolling has spread from the TTT server/discord to other parts of the community. To note there is more allowed in TTT areas typically and what can be said than in PH, general discord, and forums. This is another topic but that may have to be reviewed.
Anyways, there has been a recent escalation and overflow into other areas where it is not welcome. Nopleez, among others, has been at the heart of this and given numerous warnings, kicks, and channel bans related to trolling in the PH discord primary and other misc comments on forums. Before this incident a warning was given in announcements about trolling and shitposting. Nopleez was also well into his escalation and at ban level. I chose to instead temporarily (day) mute him and give a final warning. Others including Tep egging him on could have been kicked since an announcement and warning was made about this behavior, but at my discretion were not. I felt it better to let Nopleez’s warning stand as a public warning to the rest, and left the situation handled as such.
As it was handled to my discretion that nopleez was the source, Tep should not have been kicked for the previous messages/vote, since that was chalked to a warning.
On another note, the same rules of “staff not online so donors can use powers” does not apply to discord. Staff are much easier to get a hold of, and if you want a technicality then staff are almost always on since they’re logged into discord in the background. The only power this really applies to is Donor+ having access to the kick command. Why does this exist? I don’t know. Maybe dink gave access in case no staff can be reached reasonably (ping) so that that a donor+ (previous high ranked staff) can kick in emergency situations. That can be considered a gray area I suppose, but having the power does not give a donor+ the “jurisdiction” to kick as they see fit or per the staff standard, as they are again not staff and surely one can be pinged at all times, which was not attempted anyways. Yes this would be a different and shorter discussion if foxka was still staff, but the point being made is that he is not and that an admin previously “handled” the situation.
A discussion will be had between the admins on what if anything will come of this situation, but that ^ is what I have to say for now.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(09-24-2018, 02:16 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: The only power this really applies to is Donor+ having access to the kick command. Why does this exist? I don’t know. Maybe dink gave access in case no staff can be reached reasonably (ping) so that that a donor+ (previous high ranked staff) can kick in emergency situations.

I had it requested when the Donor+ role was made incase there were situations that Staff could not handle immediately (example being Mic-Spam in certain Voice Channels.) I don't think this is something that should be pulled, but if you guys feel its for the best I understand. Maybe just re-clarifiy when it's appropriate when a Donor+ should use this. Really the only reason I requested it was for the reason I gave above with Micspammers, otherwise there isn't really a reason to use it unless someone is chat flooding something bannable (like something racist.)
hi, can I be unbanned from discord
Admins discussed the situation and have handled it. Thanks for the report

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~