Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Garry's Mod Doesn't Like Me. Suprise Suprise.
After recently getting a new, bigger monitor. I tried setting Gmod to it's resolution 3840x2160 but then realized the text does not scale past 1920x1080, making it near unreadable. Is there any possible way to fix this or am I just out of luck? I've been running it in 1920x1080, but when I tab out the monitor takes a second to re-adjust the resolution which kinda bothers me, hence me asking.
[Image: b_560x95.png]
Gmod is pretty bad at handling changes in video resolution. If you set the resolution to 2160p and relaunch the game, it should work fine. I highly recommend setting the display mode to borderless window as well, it helps the tabbing out problem.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
garry's mod is almost 20 yrs old, you may be out of luck unless what russ said works, just the way it is.
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(12-29-2019, 12:28 AM)SNAK Wrote: garry's mod is almost 20 yrs old, you may be out of luck unless what russ said works, just the way it is.

It really do be like that sometimes
Borderless might be your best bet.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Update: Tried borderless however the resolution makes the text, chat, and menus really small and that's more annoying then the tab out issue. Rip
(12-29-2019, 01:47 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Update: Tried borderless however the resolution makes the text, chat, and menus really small and that's more annoying then the tab out issue. Rip

I can't stress enough that gmod is complete garbage at making settings changes on the fly. If you applied the setting, quit the game, and started it again with it still not behaving, I'm not sure. Can't exactly say a game from '04 was designed to run at 4k..

EDIT: Did some digging, many other people have the issue with 4k. There's no solution I'm aware of other than turning the resolution down.
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(12-29-2019, 02:08 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 01:47 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: Update: Tried borderless however the resolution makes the text, chat, and menus really small and that's more annoying then the tab out issue. Rip

I can't stress enough that gmod is complete garbage at making settings changes on the fly. If you applied the setting, quit the game, and started it again with it still not behaving, I'm not sure. Can't exactly say a game from '04 was designed to run at 4k..

EDIT: Did some digging, many other people have the issue with 4k. There's no solution I'm aware of other than turning the resolution down.

damn u gmod and your slight inconveniences.
Just resign from mod ill take your place  :)
I’ll take a different approach from everyone else: Get better eyes to see the small font.