Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
General mod stuff that makes no sense whatsoever
(01-09-2019, 05:59 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 08:49 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(01-08-2019, 07:06 PM)Tori Wrote: That second one was split between the mods who sided with Lycan and a few guests who agreed with me that I was asking a question rather than calling a KOS. Either way, isn't it still an innocent killing a detective? I never shot at him either way. He never tried to say otherwise, his only response was to kill me on the spot.

You are allowed to defend yourself from a KOS, no matter who called it, and you clearly said "KOS Lycan then"

That brings up a point question.  If someone false kos's you, can you go on a killing spree until you kill the person who kos'd you?  Otherwise everyone is going to be trying to kill you, and you say you can defend against false kos.

You cant just kill random people because you are kosed. If you are kosed and someone starts shooting you, then you can kill them.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(01-08-2019, 07:06 PM)Tori Wrote: That second one was split between the mods who sided with Lycan and a few guests who agreed with me that I was asking a question rather than calling a KOS. Either way, isn't it still an innocent killing a detective? I never shot at him either way. He never tried to say otherwise, his only response was to kill me on the spot.

You are allowed to defend yourself from a KOS, no matter who called it, and you clearly said "KOS Lycan then"

That brings up a point question.  If someone false kos's you, can you go on a killing spree until you kill the person who kos'd you?  Otherwise everyone is going to be trying to kill you, and you say you can defend against false kos.

Unless you're a T, then don't go on a mass shooting spree after a false KOS. If someone is shooting at you, or you find the person who called the KOS, you are allowed to defend yourself from said KOS. I've done it twice in the past week. My karma took a big hit, but I had to defend myself.

No that’s mass rdm. You may kill the KOSr, or defend yourself if someone tries to kill you. If it’s false kos, some Innos might realize that and not try to kill u

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(01-09-2019, 06:28 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

No that’s mass rdm. You may kill the KOSr, or defend yourself if someone tries to kill you. If it’s false kos, some Innos might realize that and not try to kill u
Laced I remember on Waterworld was in this situation, shot at everyone he came across.  I had to put him down, poor innocent.  Of course everyone he was fighting was also innocent, which didn't help.
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
(01-10-2019, 06:45 PM)Cosmic Tortoise Wrote:
(01-09-2019, 06:28 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:

Laced I remember on Waterworld was in this situation, shot at everyone he came across.  I had to put him down, poor innocent.  Of course everyone he was fighting was also innocent, which didn't help.

If you remember, I was falsely kosed and only killed people who shot at me.
@"JustKuono" Actually you don't have to call out their name to ID the body, it's just showing respect if you could. But it's actually not a rule that they ask people to ID the body.
"3. Player is KOSable only if the body is reasonably visible, e.g. not under a bench or in a dark corner. Whether this is RDM is largely to staff discretion"
This is also under the unid rule. It's a hit or miss, if the player was AFK or if the body was dropped behind the player, then sure it may be counted as RDM. If the player saw the body and he just ignored it, then yes I'd say that's kosable & not RDM. If the player saw the body and stared at it for the longest time, but instead someone else id it, that's up to staff discretion if the player gets killed immediately for taking too much time to ID a body. So if the player dies at this point, it's up to staff judgement if they would consider this RDM or not.

@Cosmic Tortoise As for what the others explain to you about false koses, as mentioned, you can only kill the person that kosed you and if anyone else actually damages you. Self Defense is allowed, but only if the other party attacks you whether it's on purpose or accident. On accident would like someone accidentally throwing a discom (from high place), an incend in the vicinity of where you're in, flung or threw a prop at you (must be 5+ dmg to be kosable, and 20+dmg to be reportable). But also false koses are only allowed for traitors to call-out on innocents. However, if innocents are false kosing other players, of course its RDM unless the player did a traitorous act.

@Tori As for the KOS you called on Lycan, if you said it on microphone and you made it sound like a statement rather than a question, then others may have misinterpret your call-out. If you typed in chat but forgot to put a ? then it's possible they assume it was a legitimate kos. So basically if it was like "so kos lycan" but you were asking a question, tone of your voice must sound like you're questioning someone while if it's in chat, I'd recommend adding a question mark. Or if any other cases gets worse, you can always change the way you ask if the person is kos to something like this "is lycan kos?" or "Do i kill lycan?" and if they ask other quesitons regarding why, just place your reasoning. at most they shouldn't kos you even after he dies and was a innocent. They have to put either high suspicion and kos you on overtime, force test you, or if they've seen you did other traitorous acts that falls under the kos rule before overtime.
If you never seen me before, then ignore me. Just focus on your job.
If you need to know why I'm here when I don't play the server, just ask.
If you want to know why Nicol is Nicole, then its because Nicole is secretly Nicol.