Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Give them the D
Perhaps a new use for those items you have from Garbage crate.  Detective can buy them for the round as well as being able to get the 1 time use ones from crates.  At the moment, Visualizer, Radar, Grapple, RDM Turret, Port Tester and Health Station are the only items I see bought for Detective, the rest are never bought that I've seen, and there is over a dozen items.  Why not allow us the fun weapons too.

Disarmer makes it great to find out who a T is by making them drop their awp and c4

Diamond Sword is the D's Knife.

Dubstep for Music

Nyan for kitty time

We need to make detective work fun again
[Image: ?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett...rbox=false]

Groovy
It's already fun if you know how to play detective
merry christmas xbox
What we need is the old shield gun back, and a fix to the RC-XD.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
(07-13-2018, 07:05 PM)Jimbo Wrote: It's already fun if you know how to play detective

People break my toys when I play, so if it were a gun instead it would always be fun.

Groovy
Stop with the mind games Guru
(07-14-2018, 05:19 PM)Traps Are Gay Wrote: Stop with the mind games Guru
How are new(old) Detective tools 'mind games'?

Groovy
I heavily disagree with the one-time weapons being added into the game more than they are now. They just aren't really balanced, either doing far too much(nyan and dubstep), not being reliable(random damage diamond sword), or literally doing nothing(popcorn, etc.). The only one I could see a case be made for would be the disarmer, as it would add utility to the detective, although I would argue it would need to have it's damage removed entirely to avoid rdms or valid koses against detectives if they're feeling a little spammy.

With your suggestion, all you'd really be adding to the detective's arsenal is more firepower, and I would argue that's the exact opposite of what the detective needs. The detective needs more utility, more ways to either enhance or augment the way they detect who the traitors are. They shouldn't just be proven innocents with bigger guns. Give them something like a bloodhound manhack, that targets the player that left dna on a body, so long as the dna is still present. A detective body bomb that triggers on defib, displaying a message to everyone that the body was defibbed and who defibbed them. Add a tazer or a freeze gun or something non-lethal like that. A deployable wall with health and a set duration. Just, anything other than pure damage, that's what the striker is for. I can only assume everything I've suggested just now but the freeze gun probably doesn't exist, but I'm just listing examples of the type of thing I feel would actually make the detective better. Although if someone likes my ideas and wants to make the thing, go ahead.