Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy
To preface this thread, yes, I do use the grappling hook exploit quite often, but I only use it to have fun and fly around the map.

I have a problem with how the grappling hook exploit is currently being handled by staff. There's another form of the exploit that a good portion of the staff seems to dismiss as insignificant, but the use of this form is more game altering than the one I use; I'm talking about a similar exploit where a player being grappled can hold "space" and "s" to completely negate the grappling hook by remaining completely stationary, regardless of what the person using the grappling hook does. This has game altering effects: for example, if a traitor tries to pull an innocent or detective off of a building, such as on rooftops, the person getting grappled can completely negate it, remain stationary, and call out or kill the traitor using the grappling hook. This happens more often than you might think. 

I usually like to use the grappling hook on maps where I can pull people off as a traitor, and now, since the exploit has been popularized, it's a rare occurrence to actually be able to pull people off with the grappling hook. It's not just regular users that utilize the exploit either. I'm usually on when Jimbo and Laced Xanax are on, and every single time I've tried to use the grappling hook on them, they've used the exploit to their advantage. The only staff that I've used the grappling hook on that hasn't used the exploit is good boy Lycan. What's even more infuriating is that the staff members that usually grill me for using the exploit to fly around are the ones that use the exploit in their favor when being grappled, specifically Jimbo and Laced Xanax. 

I have a solution to fix this problem: make all of it OK or none of it OK. Either allow people to use the grappling hook exploit freely, in both forms, or crack down on people that use all forms of the grappling hook exploit. Personally, I think that the way I use it, the way that allows you to be spider-man at mach 1, is less game altering than the form that allows you to negate the grappling hook in its entirety, mainly because it leaves you very vulnerable at intervals where you're floating still in mid air waiting for the next boost, compared to basically no downsides of using the exploit in your favor to negate the grappling hook.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Or in the light of all these damn exploits, remove it all together…

But thats just asking for downvotes innit, because why remove the exploit supreme if we can all abuse the living shit out of it!
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Unfortunately, the easiest way to remove the exploit altogether, from my understanding, would be to remove the jump pack, and I don't know if that would be the most popular thing to do.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(10-16-2018, 10:42 AM)King Tiger Ace Fasda22 Wrote: Or in the light of all these damn exploits, remove it all together…

But thats just asking for downvotes innit, because why remove the exploit supreme if we can all abuse the living shit out of it!

No exploits if you remove all the maps. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
My friend Nopleez said that it isn't the grapple hook that's the problem, it's the jump pack. He said that the jump pack can be used to exploit in numerous ways. He would know because he is a loser that no lifes Gmod.

thank u
hackerboi3651
 i am only here to report bad boys but i am not a bad boy myself
The problem is, If the grappling hook would be removed, it wouldn’t have a real impact regarding to server popularity. The jetpack however would since it’s very popular. 

I think the only solution is to draw a line like Trombowen said. All or nothing.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
I mean if it was up to me to make the rule, I think it should be fine to pull people off maps to their death and fly around in areas that people can still be reached. The only thing I feel should be totally disallowed is using it to get somewhere it's impossible to reach otherwise (like the bottom of the ship in Aircraft)
[Image: frieren-fall-winter.jpeg]
(10-16-2018, 11:56 AM)Dildo Shwaggins Wrote: I mean if it was up to me to make the rule, I think it should be fine to pull people off maps to their death and fly around in areas that people can still be reached. The only thing I feel should be totally disallowed is using it to get somewhere it's impossible to reach otherwise (like the bottom of the ship in Aircraft)

It's not whether or not it's "fine to pull people off"; the problem with the exploit is that when someone uses it to their advantage when being grappled, they can't be pulled off the edge, and they cannot be moved with the grappling hook whatsoever, when in reality you should be able to pull someone off the edge if you grapple them. Also, if you disallow something like the bottom of the ship in Aircraft, you're going to open up a whole can of worms with spots like that, which are present on a good portion of the maps. The grappling hook's main purpose is to get to places you couldn't otherwise get, so I'm going to have to disagree with you on that one.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

This I copied from the TTT staff guidelines:

3. Map Exploits
       Exploiting largely applies to map exploits with people trying to get to places they should not access. Examples of such places are outside the walls in bank, on top of the chum bucket in krusty krab, and the top of many buildings in amsterville. Generally, if a player cannot be shot or reached where they are, it’s a map exploit. Use common sense, or ask upper staff if you aren’t sure.

Punishment
Teleport away, warning
Kick
Temp Ban

Like Dildo said, As long as you are in a visible place or a place where other players can reach it’s fine.
This doesn’t need any editing, since it’s fine as it is.
Greetings, 
Swartsy
(10-16-2018, 12:48 PM)Swartsy Wrote: This I copied from the TTT staff guidelines:

3. Map Exploits
       Exploiting largely applies to map exploits with people trying to get to places they should not access. Examples of such places are outside the walls in bank, on top of the chum bucket in krusty krab, and the top of many buildings in amsterville. Generally, if a player cannot be shot or reached where they are, it’s a map exploit. Use common sense, or ask upper staff if you aren’t sure.

Punishment
Teleport away, warning
Kick
Temp Ban

Like Dildo said, As long as you are in a visible place or a place where other players can reach it’s fine.
This doesn’t need any editing, since it’s fine as it is.
We're going off on a tangent here; let's keep the thread about the grappling hook exploit and not map exploits.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)