Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Grappling Hook Exploit Hypocrisy
(10-18-2018, 08:10 PM)Trombowen Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 08:41 AM)Trombowen Wrote: You know, a good place to start with this thread (because we haven't started by the way, you guys have just been droning on about the Jump Pack, which will not be changed) would be to actually acknowledge the question of whether we should allow it or disallow it. The only person to actually acknowledge this question is @Swartsy, which is kind of sad considering there are currently 19 posts on this thread.

Before we start, just know there will be consequences for each potential outcome. If we remove the grappling hook, we'll be removing one of the most used traitor and detective equipment. If we disallow all forms of the exploit, it'll be hard to enforce it, considering the exploits are already very popular and hard to prove without video evidence. If we allow all forms of the exploit, the grappling hook would only be used for high mobility and rarely used to get kills. If I had to choose however, I would just choose to allow it, considering it would take some pressure off of the staff (although it's not like they anything on duty anyway), and it involves the least amount of change. Radical change, like removing the Jump Pack, is not good by the way.

When you try to keep the thread on topic, but everyone keeps going off on a tangent with the Jump Pack.

When the Jump Pack is the reason the exploit exists
(10-18-2018, 08:26 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(10-18-2018, 08:10 PM)Trombowen Wrote:
(10-17-2018, 08:41 AM)Trombowen Wrote: You know, a good place to start with this thread (because we haven't started by the way, you guys have just been droning on about the Jump Pack, which will not be changed) would be to actually acknowledge the question of whether we should allow it or disallow it. The only person to actually acknowledge this question is @Swartsy, which is kind of sad considering there are currently 19 posts on this thread.

Before we start, just know there will be consequences for each potential outcome. If we remove the grappling hook, we'll be removing one of the most used traitor and detective equipment. If we disallow all forms of the exploit, it'll be hard to enforce it, considering the exploits are already very popular and hard to prove without video evidence. If we allow all forms of the exploit, the grappling hook would only be used for high mobility and rarely used to get kills. If I had to choose however, I would just choose to allow it, considering it would take some pressure off of the staff (although it's not like they anything on duty anyway), and it involves the least amount of change. Radical change, like removing the Jump Pack, is not good by the way.

When you try to keep the thread on topic, but everyone keeps going off on a tangent with the Jump Pack.

When the Jump Pack is the reason the exploit exists

When almost no one who actually plays on the server wants to see the Jump Pack go away.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

Jumpack causes nothing but problems in the game, ranging from exploits such as the grapple based ones, Fucking hitreg up, Ostriching your self into ceilings, a big gap for new players, since someone with a jumpack is at a huge mobility advantage compared to someone who doesn't have one and fucking most maps up since getting up to/past areas that otherwise wouldn't be doable without a grapple hook, Which sucks, since there are some decent maps that can't be put up do to the jumpack. Rather have the grapple hook then the jumpack.
Make sure to click that downvote button                                                                         ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^ 
One, I'm 90% sure its because we are using a jumppack that is coded wrong
Two, a thread or poll on the forums ignores the people who play on the server and don't come here (which is a vast majority of people who play)
Three, good luck with the thread @Trombowen
[Image: iOq71ag.jpg]
I'm very much down for a fix of the Jump Pack. However, it's worth mentioning that it will probably take a considerable amount of time for that fix to come to fruition.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

I thought this thread was for the grappling hook and not the jump pack so why are we going off topic and talking about the jump pack?
merry christmas xbox
(10-19-2018, 03:05 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I thought this thread was for the grappling hook and not the jump pack so why are we going off topic and talking about the jump pack?

Because the jump pack is the reason the grappling hook exploits exist
(10-19-2018, 03:40 PM)Laced Xanax Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 03:05 PM)Jimbo Wrote: I thought this thread was for the grappling hook and not the jump pack so why are we going off topic and talking about the jump pack?

Yes, but, since the Jump Pack is not likely to change in the near future, it would be nice to decide whether or not to extend what is deemed exploiting to include the version that negates the grappling hook.
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)

(10-19-2018, 07:15 PM)Trombowen Wrote:

Yes, but, since the Jump Pack is not likely to change in the near future, it would be nice to decide whether or not to extend what is deemed exploiting to include the version that negates the grappling hook.
It would take far longer to get rid of the grappling hook. If it’s the core problem, then the jumpack should also be discussed

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(10-19-2018, 08:14 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote:
(10-19-2018, 07:15 PM)Trombowen Wrote:

It would take far longer to get rid of the grappling hook. If it’s the core problem, then the jumpack should also be discussed

That's great and all, but pick a goddamn side until the grappling hook or Jump Pack can be changed, because they're most likely not being changed with this incoming content update. I've only said this like 10 times, but badmins, at least acknowledge the original question of this thread: do you think that the other form of the exploit, the one that you use when being grappled, is considered a goddamn exploit?
( ͡°_ʖ ͡°)