Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Griefing Question
Earlier today, (#32 "Hillrop"   STEAM_0:0:72034023 )Continued to follow me around (~4-5 rounds) with explosive barrels, allowing T's to kill me and basically ruining every round by preventing me from doing anything. The 'trusted' online neglected to handle the reports, (#     25 "Deaf Taylor Swift" STEAM_0:0:121450308), so I figured i'd come here and ask If it's considered griefing or not. 

It is worth noting that Hillrop was retaliating throughout multiple maps for me reporting him (RDM), and he and Wambo (Wambo  STEAM_0:1:91239727) continued to flame me in !p/chat/voice across ~4 maps ~30 or so rounds. This leads me to believe this is intentional griefing/flaming/trolling, and not done in any sense of gameplay but just exclusively to harass me. 

There obviously isnt an explicit rule for this case, and no mods were on to make a decision about it. It's extremely immature and I dont think it belongs on the server. Thanks for any mods that can help with this issue.

I have proof if needed.
@"Lycan" was on a little to witness a fraction of it
EDIT: Added proof against Wambo and Hillrop
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1361130835
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1361130806
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f...1361130779

@DaKody What say you?
Steam Workshop Items:
(Click name to visit on steam)
-ttt_spacepost | -ttt_limbo

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)
 [Recording Demos] - [TTT Rules] - [Idiot Test]

Its just Hillrop being the gamer he really is, even though its a bad one. But running around with an explosive barrel is KOS'able I'm pretty sure.
I mean yeah, you can KOS him for carrying around the barrel if he’s near you. *But it is Hillrop just being Hillrop doing stupid/immature things :/*
Yes, because I'm going to try and shoot him behind the barrel he's holding in my face. It's impossible to do it without exploding the barrel and killing myself, and that was his intention. Its an unenforceable rule unless a mod helps.

@Gabe
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

You forget that this falls under Targetting/harrassment. Wich can, and SHOULD be acted upon. If some people go out of their way to make the game unplayable for someone else, wich as the events you described seem to be, this is pure and simple childish targetting. The harrassment comes from those "Threats" from them. Cheers for including screenshots.

*BTW even though my tag says moderator I am resigned staff, do not be confused*
Resigned Staff since 03-26-2018.
Carrying explosive barrels is KOSable you could have killed him for it. We weren't targeting you we do that to everyone. We should have stopped after a few rounds, but we took it too far, We're Sorry.
(04-14-2018, 11:09 AM)Gabe Wrote: I mean yeah, you can KOS him for carrying around the barrel if he’s near you. *But it is Hillrop just being Hillrop doing stupid/immature things :/*

(04-14-2018, 11:50 AM)Wambo Wrote: Carrying explosive barrels is KOSable you could have killed him for it. We weren't targeting you we do that to everyone. We should have stopped after a few rounds, but we took it too far, We're Sorry.

It is unfortunate that it took a thread with proof to receive an apology, but I accept yours. However Hillrop needs to do so on his own behalf.
Steam Workshop Items:

Useful Information:
(Click name to view)

Even if you can kill them each time, it forces you to shoot him, lowering karma and having a good chance of being kosd because people don't pay attention. This should not be done consistently as it constitutes targeting, and should not be excused as "just them being them".

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
(04-14-2018, 01:07 PM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: Even if you can kill them each time, it forces you to shoot him, lowering karma and having a good chance of being kosd because people don't pay attention. This should not be done consistently as it constitutes targeting, and should not be excused as "just them being them".

It wasn't excused. It was wrong and we apologized for it.
sorry for late response. This is not acceptable. A slay should have been assigned and both players should have been stopped way prior to this escalation.  

Wambo and Hillrop, this is it. You both have had prior issues. Anything past this will result in temp(perma if permits) bans.

also,
"He's just a gamer" or "He's just dumb things" Is not an excuse, its not funny.  That attitude will not be welcomed here.
[Image: cFcBPPs.jpg]