Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How To Deal With Hackers/Ghosters

Hello Dinklebergs, at least those of you still left.

I hope you are all doing well today. Me? Oh well I just got back from emptying my nu- OH NO A HACKER AND/OR GHOSTER JUST CAME ON TO THE SERVER!

What do you do?

Let’s get the First, and most important step out there:

1. DO NOT CONFRONT THE POTENTIAL HACKER WITHOUT GATHERING EVIDENCE.

Why? 

If you confront the player all the while not having any evidence, you have raised the chances of the player either turning off their hack or leaving the server without a ban. Without any evidence, moderators+ can NOT take any action, GIVING THEM THE ABILITY TO COME BACK TO OUR SERVERS AND MAY USE THEIR HACK AGAIN. 

If a staff member is online, DO NOT PUBLICLY REQUEST FOR THE STAFF MEMBER TO TAKE ACTION. How to contact a staff member PROPERLY is found in Step 2.

2. Contact a staff member OR begin gathering evidence.
   There is no specific order for this step, but it is RECOMMENDED to contact a staff member first. You can contact a staff member via Discord, Steam, or Forums.

On discord, you can type in the #ttt chat, #ph chat, #dr chat, or #murderer chat: ‘@TTT On-Call-Staff’ (or PH, DR, Murderer). That command will ping any active staff member to your attention (do NOT abuse it). 

On the server, if you want to contact a staff member, simply type the ‘@‘ key before sending out your message, and that will send a message directly to staff. (example: “@Yo Potato this loser is hacking”). This is another thing that should not be abused. I assure you, after 2 messages, the staff member has already read your message.
When it comes to gathering evidence, great threads have already been made and can be found herehere, and here

3. Make a Ban Request
   After gathering all your evidence, and if no staff have yet came onto server, head to the forums to make a Ban Request (TTTProphuntDeathrunMurderer)

Follow the required format and fill out EVERY SINGLE section. Do not leave any part of that Ban Request blank for it will be considered INVALID (with the exception of the ‘other’ section).

4. Make fun of the loser.
   NOW that you have followed these procedures, you can make fun of the unskilled player for paying money to cheat their aim.

Of course the last step is a joke... sort of. Please share this thread with any loud mouth you believe needs to read it. If you’re going to handle a situation on a server, might as well handle it correctly. Trust me when I say following these steps are a HUGE help to the staff members and the rest of the community.
[Image: Garry_s-Mod-4_27_2019-3_48_35-PM_Trim-_2_.gif]