Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How to install and use custom M9K skins for TTT
In this tutorial i will show you how to use custom M9K (Mostly the bullshite and the m24) skins in TTT. Its a bit more complicated than css skins.

1.) Navigate to your gmod addon folder. (C://Program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/garrysmod/addons/)

2.) Find the m9k .gma folders. (I am going to be using the m24 as an example today, which is in the heavy_weapons addon folder. The bullshite is located in the small_arms folder.) [Image: Y5pqw3y.png]

3.) Once you found your desired m9k folder to open, open a new tab and find "gmad.exe", which is in C://program files x86/steam/steamapps/common/garrysmod/bin/.

4.) Open the m9k addon file with gmad.exe. A command prompt should show, listing the content is is extracting from the .gma. You do not have to manually extract the content in the .gma, gmad.exe does it for you. Let gmad.exe finish extracting the gma. [Image: eAzufdx.png]

5.) Once its done, there will be a new folder in your gmod addons folder, with the same name of the .gma you opened with gmad, but its an actual folder now. [Image: vlIN551.png]

6.) Drag and drop the materials folder that you downloaded and place it in the new m9k addon folder. When it asks if you want to merge the 2 folders, hit yes.

7.) Fin. Enjoy your skin! (You can also make your own, all you have to do is edit the .vtf material files for the weapon you want. You can edit it in any way you like. You will need VTFedit to open the .vtf's though.
          [Image: b_560x95.png]

[Image: 76561198309335191.png]
Whoa whoa whoa hold up. How am I supposed to open a folder