Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huge suggestion for a change in DarkRP
***I made this post in DarkRP suggestions but since this change would need the opinion of the community I am making it here***

So we all know DarkRP is dead, it's dying faster than Usain Bolt can run. But this is a serious suggestion and I know someone made the comment on a previous post about DarkRP (I think it was Kev but I'm not sure). But I honestly think the DarkRP should be shut down. It is a huge step and of course we have staff for DarkRP but this suggestion is not just to shut it down and be done with it, I believe we should start a MilitaryRP server. I joined one earlier for about 20 minutes (Wasn't long because I had some stuff to do) but in those 20 minutes I noticed how the staff on the server I was on handled everything professionally, there wasn't everyone running around like they don't know wtf they're doing, and there were so many options on what you want to do. Of course this may not interest everyone but Dinkleberg has a huge following on it's PH and TTT server and MilitaryRP is already huge. I think if we cut out the DarkRP server and start up and MilitaryRP server and just move the staff to the MilitaryRP server it will eliminate the fact that we have a failing server and Dinkleberg will probably gain a new following. Of course I know it costs money but with cutting out the DarkRP server and how much of a following the MilitaryRP server will probably get, I don't think money will be a problem. I am willing to help with funds if need be. I know this is a huge change and we still have people that love DarkRP but that doesn't take away from the fact that it's dying. Yes the server was full earlier but that never lasts. The server is inconsistent with the amount of players that actually stay on and play. I personally am not a fan of DarkRP but if a MilitaryRP did start up I would definitely join in.

@[black]Tronald  Made some good points in the previous post when this was in DarkRP suggestions. How on some game modes like PH and DR it's easy for people to jump from server to server.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
I don't see how just switching it to a different RP game mode (which is less popular than our current one) is going to help...?
==================== L i l y =====================
[Image: tumblr_ne6mgl5MRJ1s3ci0uo1_500.gif]
"Nah, google it up, shitlord."
The world is but a treat, when you're on easy street
========================================================
TBH, the appeal of DarkRP is its longevity, compared to other game modes such as military RP or Hogwarts/Starwars RP. Most of these gimmick RP's will die off because of the hype around it. The best thing to do is populate the server, and have a shake up in terms of staff, strip some staff roles to individuals whom are inactive/dont care, and give out more staff roles to PH/TTT staff.
(01-14-2018, 02:09 AM)Burrito Bowl Wrote: TBH, the appeal of DarkRP is its longevity, compared to other game modes such as military RP or Hogwarts/Starwars RP. Most of these gimmick RP's will die off because of the hype around it. The best thing to do is populate the server, and have a shake up in terms of staff, strip some staff roles to individuals whom are inactive/dont care, and give out more staff roles to PH/TTT staff.

I can agree with this. Giving staff ranks to people from TTT/PH those who care at least.
(01-14-2018, 12:55 AM)˗ˏˋ RAE ˎˊ˗ Wrote: I don't see how just switching it to a different RP game mode (which is less popular than our current one)  is going to help...?

Honestly MilitaryRP is on the rise, but I can see why this wouldn't happen seeing as usually these kinds of things die off. I haven't really seen that many good suggestions for DarkRP to at least bring our server back to life.
[Image: tenor.gif?itemid=8146001]
I HAVE ALL THE MILK  I RAN OUT OF MILK  OKAY I LOST THE MILK!!!
I've said it before and ill say it again flood is the way to go.
iv'e said this once and ill say it again the only thing we need to have a successful server is a active base group of people, so that we get randoms to join and hopefully become regulars which builds the community. the problem with branching off is that you have to rebuild your base group of active players, on gamemodes like PH this group doesn't need to be as big as there are many people floating between servers so you get many randoms. on ttt and RP people find a server they like and stick with it,meaning most of the people looking for a new server are those who have been banned , and those that are new to the gamemode.

it deleted my old post and now im salty
"lets fuck lycan" -Starky