Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have been asked to fill out a staff APP
Ingame Name: 
https://www.gametracker.com/server_info/64.94.238.145:27015/top_players/?query=arsonmax

https://www.gametracker.com/player/%7BPREQ%7D%E2%9E%B9Max%20%7C%20ArsonMax/64.94.238.145:27015/
https://www.gametracker.com/player/%7BPREQ%7D%E2%9E%B9ArsonMax%20%7C%20Max/64.94.238.145:27015/

SteamID: 
STEAM_0:0:114500637

Time Played: 
~9 Days~

When First Joined: 
https://www.gametracker.com/player/Arson...145:27015/

Availability (Approx. times you play, and time zone): 
I play very often

Rank Desired: 
Trusted, Then we will see where things go.

Current Rank: 
Donor; Regular

What can you do to help the community: 
I help clean the server of the rulebreakers and degenerates. Im also very protective of staff members.

Why you want to help the community: 
I love staffing, and helping to keep law and order

Have you been previously banned? (Link Relevant Posts): 
No, I have not

Have you previously applied for staff (Link Relevant Posts): 
No, I have not

How did you find us?: 
Originally, scrolling through the server listings

Other: 
Former owner of Paradox Equinox TTT

~Arson~
Gonna be honest here, I don't really think you put a lot of effort into your application. As this is also your first forum post, I think you should get a little bit more involved here on the forums before you apply for the Staff Position. Try making some Ban Requests on rulebreakers if Staff are not present, that'll help you stand out more.
If you have any questions regarding the server rules or anything else, send me a forum PM.
Resigned TTT & Deathrun Admin.
[Image: 1199184.png]
YES YES YES! This guy right here has been helping me any chance he get's, whether it be handling dead chat while Im alive or answering questions while Im dealing with trolls. very good at defusing situations and understanding when things get crazy. Would love to have him have some actual powers to help handle reports and whatnot!

+1
Neutral 
You first of all have no other posts on the forums, my question is who...are you? You aren't in the Discord or at least active in it from what I've seen and have no activity besides this application on the forums. This application is also sparse as if little to no effort was put into typing this up at all. Just shows you don't really care as much as you may act like it. 
Good luck still. 
(Neutral because I'm not really active on server anymore and cannot comment for server behavior.)
[Image: Nicol_dumb.jpg]
Nothing happened here.
-1 you spent more time copying gametracker links than on making the application. No idea who you are and apparently no activity within the community. I would suggest some activity here or in discord so people know who you are.

Matt_St3 / Strongrule / Spartan001295
Forum Admin - Resigned TTT Admin
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[00:04] matt_st3 (Strongrule) [traitor] has damaged Taliban Tom [detective] for 4.9999999349555e+14 HP with an unknown weapon
Going to have to be a neutral since i havent ever seen you use your donor power to assist staff and this is your 1st post on the forums
(10-25-2019, 02:52 AM)JustKuono Wrote: Neutral 
You first of all have no other posts on the forums, my question is who...are you? You aren't in the Discord or at least active in it from what I've seen and have no activity besides this application on the forums. This application is also sparse as if little to no effort was put into typing this up at all. Just shows you don't really care as much as you may act like it. 
Good luck still. 
(Neutral because I'm not really active on server anymore and cannot comment for server behavior.)

I am in the discord under "Arson Oobleck", i dont comment every day, but I do check it.
usually by the time a ban request is warranted either a staff joins, or someone else is working on one.

As for my application, It is sparse out of habit; When I Owned Paradox Equinox, we preferred staff applications to be short and concise, as we got a lot of them.

That said, I am on the TTT server pretty much Daily, and I try to help staff every chance I get.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 01:29 AM)Christian Wrote: Gonna be honest here, I don't really think you put a lot of effort into your application. As this is also your first forum post, I think you should get a little bit more involved here on the forums before you apply for the Staff Position. Try making some Ban Requests on rulebreakers if Staff are not present, that'll help you stand out more.

I put effort into this, this is how I know Staff Apps from when I was an owner. We preferred them short because we got a lot of applicatons and read through every one of them.

As for the forum posts; normally by the time i feel a ban request is warranted, someone else is working on one or a staff member has joined.

~Arson~
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)Meeemo Wrote: Going to have to be a neutral since i havent ever seen you use your donor power to assist staff and this is your 1st post on the forums

He has helped me many times at night, monitoring dead chat while I can not cause I am only staff on and am alive.
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: -1 you spent more time copying gametracker links than on making the application. No idea who you are and apparently no activity within the community. I would suggest some activity here or in discord so people know who you are.

Gonna be honest here, I had no idea what gametracker was before last night, but a friend helped me out on that cause I couldnt remember what year I first joined.

I am semi-active of the discord under "Arson Oobleck", however I read more than I write.

And for a point of semantics, it takes longer to write what I wrote than to Copy a link.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 09:30 AM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)Meeemo Wrote: Going to have to be a neutral since i havent ever seen you use your donor power to assist staff and this is your 1st post on the forums

He has helped me many times at night, monitoring dead chat while I can not cause I am only staff on and am alive.

^What she said. 
I try to help as much as I can; The problem is that it seems some staffers dislike donors using donor powers when there is a staff member on, so I try to weave my way around those preferences.

~Arson~
Seeing that I am just now returning from inactivity and cannot vote yet, I'm just going to comment instead. I won't be commenting on in-game things since that wouldn't be fair. The one thing that is really missing from this applicant is effort into the application, and engagement outside of the server. Being a part of this community means much more than just playing on the server. If you want to hold a position of power on a server you have to be mildly involved in the other aspects of the community so people recognize you. As of right now, I don't think that is the case. I'm going to reply to some things here.

(10-25-2019, 01:29 AM)Christian Wrote: Gonna be honest here, I don't really think you put a lot of effort into your application. As this is also your first forum post, I think you should get a little bit more involved here on the forums before you apply for the Staff Position. Try making some Ban Requests on rulebreakers if Staff are not present, that'll help you stand out more.

I put effort into this, this is how I know Staff Apps from when I was an owner. We preferred them short because we got a lot of applicatons and read through every one of them.

I beg to differ. I see no effort put into this application. All I see is basic responses that don't answer three key questions: So what, anyone can do that? What makes you stand out from everyone else? What can you bring to the table that others can't? While I agree to an extent that short and concise applications are nice, they must at least have some effort put into to make it seem like the person cares. Not saying this is the case for everyone, but those that tend to put low effort into things like applications can tend to put low effort into handling situations. If that's not the case then it can give a distinctive perception that the person doesn't care enough. Again, I haven't engaged with you too much in the server so I'm not going to comment anymore on that part.

As for the forum posts; normally by the time i feel a ban request is warranted, someone else is working on one or a staff member has joined.

Seeing that as you just joined the forums, forums posts just aren't about ban requests, and if someone alright got to it that's alright, it happens and we understand that. It's also about engaging with the community on suggestion threads, fun threads, unban/staff apps, whatever else there is. Again, community engagement is a big factor for me and I don't see a lot of that here. I suggest you make an intro thread so we get to know you, spend some time on the fourms, and engage more.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 09:40 AM){PREQ}➹ArsonMax | Max Wrote:
(10-25-2019, 07:10 AM)matt_st3 (Strongrule) Wrote: -1 you spent more time copying gametracker links than on making the application. No idea who you are and apparently no activity within the community. I would suggest some activity here or in discord so people know who you are.

Gonna be honest here, I had no idea what gametracker was before last night, but a friend helped me out on that cause I couldnt remember what year I first joined.

I basically agree with everything matt said here as I pretty much regurgitated it earlier. I'm not going to comment on the not knowing gametracker....

I am semi-active of the discord under "Arson Oobleck", however I read more than I write.
Again, community engagement. Perhaps interacting more with it is a good start.

And for a point of semantics, it takes longer to write what I wrote than to Copy a link.

Not much longer if anything.... but this goes back to my previous comment on effort. It's missing answers to key questions and the answers you provided are so basic that anyone can say that.

~Arson~

(10-25-2019, 09:30 AM)Penguinslayer4 Wrote:

^What she said. 
I try to help as much as I can; The problem is that it seems some staffers dislike donors using donor powers when there is a staff member on, so I try to weave my way around those preferences.

Again, not touching the area of in-game. But as for the last part, yes some staff do dislike it but it isn't something that is against the rules. Donors CAN use their powers to assist staff when appropiate and are being used properly. A perfect example is when only one staff member is online and is alive and you are dead, then if someone is spamming or something you can mute them and notify the staff in Adminchat of the problem.

~Arson~

TLDR; I would vote -1 on this application and would want you to apply next month when you sure more engagement in the community and more effort into the application. But my vote is non-binding at the moment, just stating my thoughts.