Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I was slain for following DNA
Before I start I just want to say that I am solely looking for clarification. This is not an attempt to get anyone in trouble.
I just got slain for following DNA on a player that ended up being a T that had just killed an inno. The player I killed claimed I rdm'd him because he was telling me in voice comms that the player had shot at him first and it was self defense. I told the player that I did not trust him and chose to follow DNA and killed him, and upon Id'ing the body I found out that he was in fact a T, and therefore I felt justified to killing him. How am I supposed to know that he wasn't lying about getting shot at? In the moment all I had to go on was the fact that I had DNA. I can't trust what he is saying, because he could be fabricating a story to cover up killing an inno, which is part of his job. Why should I be slain for this? Shouldn't the player that shot at him be the one getting slain, and not me? All I was doing was following DNA. I was a detective by the way.
That is only sussable, not kosable.
i made a thing
i made another thing
i made a new thing

former ttt mod
former dr admin
Staff 2017-2023
(10-26-2019, 09:55 PM)Derp Wrote: That is only sussable, not kosable.

Reasons to call a Kill-on-Sight(KOS):

The below lists of reasons to KOS and sus are for reference, and cover the most common issues. However, these are not complete lists and do not necessarily cover all edge cases. If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion. Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay.
  •  Killing Detectives, except when they are RDMing

•  Throwing incendiary grenades near non-kosed players

•  Entering traitor room while unproven

•  Calling a KOS on someone who is proven Innocent and not a Detective

•  Throwing discombobulators such that they can push people off ledges, causing damage

•  Prop killing

•  Causing damage by falling onto players

•  Damaging a destructible tester or health station

•  Destroying the map tester, even preround

•  Breaking a bridge with players on it such that it causes damage

•  Killing or injuring someone with explosive barrels

•  Holding explosive barrels near players

•  Activating traps with the intent to kill someone (ex. Traps on Trappycottage & Richland)

•  Having DNA of an Innocent or Detective on you 1
[Image: 76561197993157530.png]
(10-26-2019, 10:00 PM)SNAK THE RIPPER Wrote:

The below lists of reasons to KOS and sus are for reference, and cover the most common issues. However, these are not complete lists and do not necessarily cover all edge cases. If anything comes up that is not covered by what is shown below, it is to be handled at staff discretion. Killing someone who called a legitimate kos based on the below reasons may yield a slay.

•  Throwing discombobulators such that they can push people off ledges, causing damage

•  Prop killing

•  Activating traps with the intent to kill someone (ex. Traps on Trappycottage & Richland)

did you look at the red part
[Image: q0SdkAI6QPaeF9Oi-uqjbA.png]

[Image: NcxeGyl-THSvKxgssH34Pg.png]
If a person attempts to rdm someone, and that person kills them in self defense, and a detective gets DNA from that body, that falls under one of the exceptions to kosable offenses (exception 1) and is sus at most. Do you have logs to show this incident or other proof (as asked for on the other thread)?
Noot Noot ~(^-^)~
Cool rule, now I can just say I was defending myself so people don't shoot me in fear of being slain :D
(10-26-2019, 10:08 PM)Avi Wrote: If a person attempts to rdm someone, and that person kills them in self defense, and a detective gets DNA from that body, that falls under one of the exceptions to kosable offenses (exception 1) and is sus at moat. Do you have logs to show this incident or other proof (as asked for on the other thread)?

No. I'm not going to go through the trouble of any of that. Like I said initially I just want clarification. Hopefully you see where I am coming from though, and will take that into consideration in possible modifying of that rule. In the moment, as a detective, how am I supposed to trust someone claiming they were getting shot at? I wasn't there to see it I'm just following DNA, especially when the person ended up being a T. They could have totally been lying about the situation. Hopefully you see how easily that rule can be exploited.
guess i'll just lie and say it was in self defense so the person gets slain for following dna

are you guys serious?
We're just a giant ass
Cheeks are made of children
Old was just a fad
Shit on all the billions
(10-26-2019, 10:00 PM)SNAK THE RIPPER Wrote:

•  Prop killing

1. Unless the Detective or Innocent was RDMing
wait why is this in general discussion, this should be in the help section
[Image: h4r1WLO.gif]
Good Games
Retired TTT Moderator
03-07-2020 ~ 11-17-2020
Unofficial Retired Murder Test-Moderator
11-06-2019 ~ 11-17-2020