Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If TTT is so good, why isn't there a TTT 2?
(01-09-2020, 08:50 PM)Gabe Wrote: Dink said he believes he looked into this previously at one point and thinks that a lot of the stuff we have won't be compatible. Two big things are probably damagelogs and maybe ps2

PS2 is a dumpster fire and should be removed anyhow.

Damagelogs are essential at this point, hoping we'll find a workaround, should we switch over to this.
(01-09-2020, 07:36 PM)MAKEOUTHILL Wrote: According to the creator of TTT2, damagelogs don't work

no ty

Looked through some of the discussions and the GitHub FAQ. It appears there is a damagelogs patch. But yeah if damagelogs don't work then that's an issue. If that fix isn't what I think it is I could always ask the developers and find out more.
Full Disclaimer, I am going off pure assumptions as I'm not very literate on the tech side of gmod. People smarter than I would need to look into this and see if damagelogs work lol
[Image: b_560x95.png]
I think instead of ttt 2 we could use a new layout, a more modern layout
(01-10-2020, 01:43 AM)sal Wrote: I think instead of ttt 2 we could use a new layout, a more modern layout

It's basically what it is, however with the benefit of being fully customizable in-game, rather than having to download and install themes. Along with a few additional benefits.

Also, I downloaded and installed this and a version of damagelogs, and they seem to work together when I hosted a server and filled it with bots. However I know I did not have the exact damagelogs as the server, but it seemed to work fine enough and I didn't notice any significant issues.
If anyone could instruct me how to download and install pointshop2 so I could see if it works, I'd be grateful
(01-11-2020, 12:48 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: If anyone could instruct me how to download and install pointshop2 so I could see if it works, I'd be grateful

Here's the docs, that's as far as I know how to take you
[Image: horizontal-design-element-3.png]
  Angel I CRAHSED MY CAR
find out more at https://russefarmer.com/
Garry's Mod Performance Tuning Guide
(01-11-2020, 01:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 12:48 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote: If anyone could instruct me how to download and install pointshop2 so I could see if it works, I'd be grateful

Anyone know of a free version lol I really don't wanna shell out money for an unsupported addon I have no use for other than this one specific instance.
(01-11-2020, 01:23 AM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
(01-11-2020, 01:10 AM)RussEfarmer Wrote:

Anyone know of a free version lol I really don't wanna shell out money for an unsupported addon I have no use for other than this one specific instance.
There is no free version unless someone gives you the addon files. Ps2 was an addon in the gmod store that last i checked was no longer purchasable.
[Image: J6yUs0g]
(01-09-2020, 05:09 PM)Nicol Bolas Wrote:
Well as a matter of fact, there is!

TTT2 is a fairly recent(2018) creation that is fundamentally a complete overhaul of the very old gamemode we currently play on. 

It offers:
  • A fully customizable HUD and UI, both of which have been updated to be more modern.
  • A better shop system for traitors and detectives that is also fully customizable
  • Support for ULX
  • Support for many of the addons that work for regular TTT, meaning we wouldn't have to abandon many of the addons we know and love
  • Support for custom role and class addons (Although I'm not in favor of these as many on the workshop do not work well in a public server environment, I'm looking at you Jester)
  • A built in sprint feature (Can be enabled or disabled of course)
  • Better performance than default TTT
  • And more, just browse through the steam page for it up above!
While I suggest this I am, of course, aware that this probably won't happen. I can only imagine the amount of work needed to switch entire gamemodes. Focusing on more pressing issues is definitely a priority so don't go hounding on me for posting this. It's a free forum and I figured I'd post a thread about it regardless because it's fun to discuss things.

What are you guy's thoughts about this? Many who I've talked to didn't even know this was a thing.
I 100% support this idea and i think i would be our first step to Making Dink Great Again. We can build a TTT2 server and make prophunt pay for it
With the amount of people who like this, I've turned this into a sort of pet project testing different addons. Damagelogs work fine as far as I've seen. Once I get pointshop2 I'll test that. I'll try and test out as many addons as we have on the server for compatibility. Barring of course the ones Dink bought on gmodstore like grappling hook, etc. (Unless someone else has those files and would be willing to share them). Don't get your hopes up, as in the end of the day it's dink's decision, but if enough addons are compatible I'd like to see the switch sometime in the future. I really do believe a combination of the weapons update, the addition/removal of maps, and something like this could do well to revitalize the server and get some more interest into it.